PDA

View Full Version : I contend that this is the SCARIEST kids' movie EVER

Project nachonaco
09-09-2008, 10:19 PM
The Brave Little Toaster.

Great cult hit, still love it, but......yikes. Just yikes.

Kitrianna
09-09-2008, 10:20 PM
Can't say that I've ever seen it...but I'll take your word on it.

regdog
09-09-2008, 10:37 PM
I liked the Brave Little Toaster.

I always hated Willy Wonka and Alice in Wonderland

There's just something not right about those stories.

Pagey's_Girl
09-09-2008, 10:41 PM
Willy Wonka scared the &^%* out of me when I was a kid...

jennontheisland
09-09-2008, 10:50 PM
Never seen the toaster, but I remember reading Alice in Wonderland as a kid and thinking there was something going on that I didn't understand. Like when you watch a grown up movie and just don't get it.

Storm Dream
09-09-2008, 11:07 PM
OMG, Nacho, I agree. That movie terrified me -- the junkyard especially, and that house full of old appliances...

It may be responsible for my insistence on anthropomorphizing my car, computers, etc...

Project nachonaco
09-09-2008, 11:23 PM
OMG, Nacho, I agree. That movie terrified me -- the junkyard especially, and that house full of old appliances...

It may be responsible for my insistence on anthropomorphizing my car, computers, etc...

I'm 19 and it gives me the chills. O_o

In the first...Oh, I have it recorded with commercials, so let's say, 45 minutes (out of 2 hrs), the following occurs:

*A dark opening in the bare woods FOR NO REASON AT ALL.
*A stoned-looking, hallucinating blanket
*A sentient air conditioner manages to shortcircuit itself, screaming "IT'S MY FUNCTION!" and spewing sparks everywhere. Oh, and his 'jaw' falls off and we see his 'eyes' screwed in extreme pain.
*The freakin' flower, man, the freakin' flower.
*Firefighter clown nightmare.
*Self-sacrificed lamp

My GOD, no WONDER I'm such a horrifying writer. :D

Ageless Stranger
09-09-2008, 11:43 PM
Alice In Wonderland gave me the creeps.

Jcomp
09-09-2008, 11:52 PM
Pee Wee's Big Adventure. Large Marge's face going whacked and the nightmare sequence... yeah... color me scarred for life...

Broadswordbabe
09-09-2008, 11:55 PM
Alice In Wonderland gave me the creeps.

Ever seen the Jan Svankmajer version? *shiver*

Jcomp
09-10-2008, 12:09 AM
Ever seen the Jan Svankmajer version? *shiver*

That is freaking freaky. Seriously.

I'm going to change my nomination to Return to Oz.

Pagey's_Girl
09-10-2008, 12:22 AM
Never seen the toaster, but I remember reading Alice in Wonderland as a kid and thinking there was something going on that I didn't understand. Like when you watch a grown up movie and just don't get it.

Like they say - "This is your brain on drugs."

Pagey's_Girl
09-10-2008, 12:22 AM
Crap, double post. Maybe it's my brain on drugs. Or Arizona green tea with ginseng...

TerzaRima
09-10-2008, 01:26 AM
KTC, that will take years of therapy to resolve.

And what of The Wizard of Oz? Remember when its airing was a special, annual event--usually on a Sunday night? Ah, so many precious childhood memories around that one--making Jiffy Pop, singing the Lollipop Kid Song, and the panicked yelps of little Terza when the flying monkeys came on.

KCathy
09-10-2008, 01:48 AM
Have any of you seen the cartoon version of Watership Down? With bleeding, screaming, or maniac killer bunnies in every scene? What the HECK? Or The Secret of N.I.M.H. with vicious cats attacking rats and mice, all made sentient in a science laboratory? How about The Last Unicorn? Leaving aside the music by America for now, there's a scene in which a harpy rips apart a crazed witch, and an enormous flaming bull (the "red bull," lol) chases all the shiny unicorns into the ocean, too.

Pagey's_Girl
09-10-2008, 05:12 AM
This clip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqi5F5MqqTQ&feature=related) from The Adventures of Mark Twain - be warned, it's really bizarre - not to mention creepy....

2of3
09-10-2008, 05:17 AM
baby's day out
just on principal
but must admit i loved it