Yummy super low sodium vegetarian meals. . .

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Do they exist?

My son has a kidney disease that demands an EXTREMELY low sodium diet (he can't even eat celery because it is too high in sodium). We try to make it less than 300 mg per meal.

Now my daughter has just decided to become a vegetarian. I'm a meat eater and have no idea what to make when it comes to veggie meals. But I want her to know that I'll support her.

So I need some really low sodium vegetarian meals that I can make for us, oh and did I mention I need them to be easy and quick to make and not too pricey to purchase the ingredients.

Too much to ask?

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, as a sirloin-loving carnivore I can't help you much.

One thing I do like for a summer "meal" is a chilled fruit salad. Chunks of watermelon, honeydew, cantaloupe, maybe a few strawberries and blueberries throw in, makes for nice treat on a hot summer day.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Post a list of what you cook on a normal basis. I think we can help you adjust your current recipes to make them vegetarian friendly.

You should think- BEANS, BEANS, BEANS.
Followed by GAS, GAS, GAS.

;-) Just kidding!

Woodsie

I have tendencies.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.graceisforsinner.com
I have a really great cookbook from Williams and Sonoma that is just for vegetarians and I love it! If you want I can give you one of my favorite recipes. Just PM me.

You can also PM me for no reason. I like them.

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
What Fraulein said (ok, not about the gas part.)

My wife's a vegetarian (not strict, she eats seafood), I'm a meatatarian.
I do most of the cooking. A number of meals start with a base of pasta or legumes and can go either way.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Ha, well, my son got out of his relapse (YAY!) and my daughter (already skinny) dropped weight without meat and decided she needed/wanted to eat meat. She still would like a few vegetarian meals a week, so if y'all would like to post a few, I wouldn't mind. :D