Registered
Reaction score
W00T!!! more Canadians!!!

Kitrianna

Official Bad Cat's Prez
Registered
Reaction score
In one of THOSE moods. Look out people, no one is
Amen, sister, amen. No VP canidates here...just 5, yes you heard me, 5 political parties to drive you insane at election time. Hey, just had to give them hope that maybe the VP canidates aren't so bad. Hush Kthrok...I know 10,000 comedians out of work and I'm cracking jokes...

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm American, but I promise not to mention vice-presidential candidates, presidential candidates, or politics in general. I also promise not to post any links back to websites of dubious integrity. I don't even have a soapbox! :-(

Can I join?

Leah J. Utas

Protecting Teddy with all my might.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just stopped by to say I'm Canadian. And the weather's good here in the fall. Or not.

Judg

DISENCHANTED coming soon
Registered
Reaction score
Website
janetursel.com
Oh good. This is then the thread of civil discourse?

Alleycat, I'm not in charge here, but I would think that any American who does not think it a patriotic duty to sneer at half the participants in an election would be welcome here.

Kitrianna, there are more than five. It's just that you need a magnifying glass to see the others.

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
Hey!
I can't help that I was dropped off in the wrong country--on the wrong side of the pond--simply because some drag stork decided to make a pit stop--no pun intended--in San Francisco. Bitch-bird was under the impression man in skirt was the same as man in kilt--pfff!

*plops butt down, clears throat, adopts a French accent*

Bonjourrrr!

*forgets not to roll 'R' with brogue*

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Alleycat, I'm not in charge here, but I would think that any American who does not think it a patriotic duty to sneer at half the participants in an election would be welcome here.
Did I mention we flew the Canadian flag (in place of the American flag) over the Tennessee State Capital for a month. I think it's the only country so honored in my lifetime. It was back during the hostage situation in Iran and our ways of saying "thanks" for the help provided by the Canadians there.

Last edited:

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Amen, sister, amen. No VP canidates here...just 5, yes you heard me, 5 political parties to drive you insane at election time.

But let me tell you, it's not easy being Green. :)

I can't help that I was dropped off in the wrong country--on the wrong side of the pond--simply because some drag stork decided to make a pit stop--no pun intended--in San Francisco. Bitch-bird was under the impression man in skirt was the same as man in kilt--pfff!

:ROFL:

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
I haven't watched hockey since I was at a Red Wings/Stars game and saw two players (at the far end of ice from the puck) look up at the big screen and wait until the cameras were on them to start their "heat of the action" fight.

qwerty

exiled Brit
Registered
Reaction score
The thread title made me curious enough to pop in. Are Brits allowed? My hubby's of Scot decendency if that adds to credentials.

Inky, we ran a hotel barge in France and passed other hotel barges with Americans on board. Their Bonjewer greetings gave rise to my BBC English response of: Good morning, I do so hope you are enjoying your trip.

nicolen

Registered
Reaction score
Second star to the right and straight on till morn
New Zealander here. Can I join in too?

At the moment here, all I'd like them to do is name the bloody election date and stop the fake electioneering. It has to be held by the 15th of November and we have no idea when the date will be. Except for the fact that it won't be September now and it won't be the fourth weekend of October since there's a public holiday that weekend.

Unless Aunty Helen plans on declaring that elections no longer need to be held...

And we don't have VPs either, but we have Winston instead to provide the "entertainment". Google Winston Peters and you'll see what I mean..

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
We used to have vicepresidents until one of them took advantage of the president being sick, left him in middle of the Austro-Hungarian Empire, declared himself president and ruled the country for 30 years with no vicepresidents except his son (who died of Spanish flu) and his brother (who died mysteriously of 20 stabs) from the until now we didn't had vicepresidents until the 1999 constitution, but there are mere glorified secretaries appointed by the president and can be changed by will (the president's will, that is)

Also, we started to elect state governors and mayors in mid 1980's, before that you just voted by the president and he picked up the governors and the governors picked up the reeve and yes, it was a tad outdated system...

Judg

DISENCHANTED coming soon
Registered
Reaction score
Website
janetursel.com
Did I mention we flew the Canadian flag (in place of the American flag) over the Tennessee State Capital for a month. I think it's the only country so honored in my lifetime. It was back during the hostage situation in Iraq and our ways of saying "thanks" for the help provided by the Canadians there.
That is very cool. :)

Timmies is good coffee :) and I can understand why you don't watch hockey. I wouldn't either if the local team was the Ottawa Senators...:D
LOL! Sorry, you're not going to get a rise. Just not a sports fan. And if I were forced to sit down in front of the TV, I'd prefer the CFL.

New Zealander here. Can I join in too?

At the moment here, all I'd like them to do is name the bloody election date and stop the fake electioneering. It has to be held by the 15th of November and we have no idea when the date will be. Except for the fact that it won't be September now and it won't be the fourth weekend of October since there's a public holiday that weekend.

Unless Aunty Helen plans on declaring that elections no longer need to be held...

And we don't have VPs either, but we have Winston instead to provide the "entertainment". Google Winston Peters and you'll see what I mean..
Elections for you too. Ours was officially called today for October 14. Thank goodness we don't have to go through the two-year three-ring circus that Americans endure. Maybe that's why they get so mean-spirited about their politics.

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
Mexican here :) Can I join too?? No VPs here, either, just 3 mayor parties and about 6 or 7 small, struggling ones

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Of course, Max and Dama and anyone else who wants to join. Even Americans can join. Just so long as the thread is kept VP free. :)

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
Excellent, I'm getting tired or hearing about american VPs. Thankfully I brought the perfect remedy to forget about them: bucketloads of tequila and pulque!