Prolific, if nuthin' else

bluntforcetrauma

Esquire
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've been very busy writing lately. Filling spiral bound notebooks (college rule, three subject, red if I can get 'em) one after the other. I work hard at the novels, but the short stories are such a joy to write.

I'd written a couple shorts last night before bedtime, when one, like an unexpected gift, wafted down into my #2 pencil from the heavenlies and it was off to the races. Took ten-fifteen minutes to lay down the approx 500 words and I feel it's the best thing I've ever written so far.

I love those moments when the story writes itself.

Judg

DISENCHANTED coming soon
Registered
Reaction score
Website
janetursel.com
What's fun is going back to revise those babies. I'm working through my novel revisions, and there are entire chapters that are really fun to read. I was on a roll when I wrote those. Little revision required. Then there are the others...

Glad to know you've been hitting the sweet spot.

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
3 shorts in one night?! Booyah! And when you have all that wealth to work from, it's so much easier to keep the gremlins at bay. If one gets rejected, who cares? You've got lots more!

good feeling.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

bluntforcetrauma

Esquire
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thank ye all. Them dang shorts just keep on flying from the pencible. And, yes, I know about the rewrite process...aye yi yi...the first novel nearly kilt me (said the Scotsman). It was a breeze in it's first draft, and breezes and kilts are not a good combination, I must say (I shoulda saved some of dem shorts that flew from the pencible I mentioned earlier in the case of a gale force episode of flatulence). After that, I wanted to bludgeon the darn thing (the novel, not the kilt). The second novel was much easier (I learned a few t'ings here).

Later,
Rick McBluntforcetrauma

Last edited: