Hello?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moi

Registered
Reaction score
Goodday, I am the AW newsletter contests editor and have been trying every which way to contact MacAllister for the last month or so. Emails & pm's either bounce or get gobbled up by the spam monsters, it seems. Any suggestions?

thanks
moi

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Odd, PMs are working OK... did you use the yahoo address listed on Mac's website?

-Derek

moi

Registered
Reaction score
yeah, the email addy bounced back like so

<
macallister.stone [at] yahoo.com>: host
c.mx.mail.yahoo.com[216.39.53.3] said: 554
delivery error: dd This user doesn't have a yahoo.com
account (
macallister.stone [at] yahoo.com) [0] -
mta160.mail.re4.yahoo.com (in reply to end of DATA
command)

and the two pm's I've sent in the last couple of weeks show in my outbox with little blue envelopes next to them - which means they've been read? I'm not sure, not familiar with all the icons on this board yet.

moi

Last edited by a moderator:

dpaterso

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Yep that's the email address...

I'm not sure what the blue folder icon means either, when I reply to a PM a little arrow appears over the blue folder. Sent you a test PM, just in case, and asked you to reply.

I'll raise this problem in the mod room just in case no one else has noticed it.

-Derek

moi

Registered
Reaction score
I got your pm ok, thanks. The arrows on the blue folder seem to mean either 'replied to' or 'forwarded' depending on which way the arrow points. A blue envelope sans arrows seems to mean the message has been read, but I'm not sure by whom. According to the icon my pm's to Mac have been read, but perhaps by me while I was writing them, and not by her :Shrug:

moi

dpaterso

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Don't ever read my mind again.

-Derek

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
If those email addresses are harvested by spambots the aluminum foil will come in handy. Mac can use it to cook your head in, Derek. :D

moi

Registered
Reaction score
yeah ... I wasn't thinking - since it seemed it was no longer an address. Looks like Derek has fixed my slip, thanks!

moi

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
Moi, the e-mail address you want is macallisterstone(at)yahoo(dot)com, not macallister(dot)stone(at)yahoo(dot)com. Take out the (dot) between macallister and stone.

Mac does have her spam traps set rather high. She'll double-check them this evening, when she's back online, to make certain you haven't been ending up in there by mistake.

moi

Registered
Reaction score
mmm ... the addy at the dotcom site is with the dot, but I did also try the yahoo addy without a dot and a gmail addy that worked for a long time. The latter 2 never bounced, so maybe there's one greedy spam monster out there :eek:

moi

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
shhhhh methinks you are getting too close to "the truth". It isn't that Mac isn't present. It is that she is omni-present. The dot placement doesn't matter. She sees all.

Oh wait, maybe this post belongs in the conspiracy and paranoia thread.

moi

Registered
Reaction score
you mean like, ... not only my emails, but ME(!) might get et by the spam monster :gone:... ?

AlexP

_______
Registered
Reaction score
Goodday, I am the AW newsletter contests editor and have been trying every which way to contact MacAllister for the last month or so. Emails & pm's either bounce or get gobbled up by the spam monsters, it seems. Any suggestions?

thanks
moi

Speaking of the AW newsletter...

The basic newsletter has not come out since April 22nd (according to Zinester). And the premium monthly newsletter has not come out since July.

Will we see more newsletters sometime soon? I really enjoy receiving them.

Deleted member 42

Speaking of the AW newsletter...

The basic newsletter has not come out since April 22nd (according to Zinester). And the premium monthly newsletter has not come out since July.

Will we see more newsletters sometime soon? I really enjoy receiving them.

The newsletters are no longer sent out through Zinester, who has not functioned correctly for months.

If you PM me with the email address your newsletters should go to, and which newsletters you subscribe to, I'll check on your subscriptions.

Deleted member 42

Zinester wasn't actually, you know, subscribing people. For months, in fact--despite charging for the service.

Again, if you want to have me check your subscriptions, pm me with the email address you subscribed with, and I'll take a look.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Moira! It took all that to get you to join us on the forums, huh? All part of Mac's big plan, of course. Glad you're here!

Status
Not open for further replies.