PDA

View Full Version : Hello?

moi
09-06-2008, 02:05 PM
Goodday, I am the AW newsletter contests editor and have been trying every which way to contact MacAllister for the last month or so. Emails & pm's either bounce or get gobbled up by the spam monsters, it seems. Any suggestions?

thanks
moi

dpaterso
09-06-2008, 02:37 PM
Odd, PMs are working OK... did you use the yahoo address listed on Mac's website?

-Derek

moi
09-06-2008, 03:56 PM
yeah, the email addy bounced back like so

<macallister.stone [at] yahoo.com>: host
c.mx.mail.yahoo.com[216.39.53.3] said: 554
delivery error: dd This user doesn't have a yahoo.com
account (macallister.stone [at] yahoo.com) [0] -
mta160.mail.re4.yahoo.com (in reply to end of DATA
command)

and the two pm's I've sent in the last couple of weeks show in my outbox with little blue envelopes next to them - which means they've been read? I'm not sure, not familiar with all the icons on this board yet.

moi

dpaterso
09-06-2008, 05:22 PM
Yep that's the email address...

I'm not sure what the blue folder icon means either, when I reply to a PM a little arrow appears over the blue folder. Sent you a test PM, just in case, and asked you to reply.

I'll raise this problem in the mod room just in case no one else has noticed it.

-Derek

moi
09-06-2008, 05:49 PM
I got your pm ok, thanks. The arrows on the blue folder seem to mean either 'replied to' or 'forwarded' depending on which way the arrow points. A blue envelope sans arrows seems to mean the message has been read, but I'm not sure by whom. According to the icon my pm's to Mac have been read, but perhaps by me while I was writing them, and not by her :Shrug:

moi

Judg
09-06-2008, 05:55 PM
Should you guys be posting email addresses out in public for the spambots to harvest?

dpaterso
09-06-2008, 05:57 PM
Don't ever read my mind again.

-Derek

Judg
09-06-2008, 06:01 PM
You know where the tinfoil is.

Rolling Thunder
09-06-2008, 06:08 PM
If those email addresses are harvested by spambots the aluminum foil will come in handy. Mac can use it to cook your head in, Derek. :D

moi
09-06-2008, 06:08 PM
yeah ... I wasn't thinking - since it seemed it was no longer an address. Looks like Derek has fixed my slip, thanks!

moi

Birol
09-06-2008, 08:30 PM
Moi, the e-mail address you want is macallisterstone(at)yahoo(dot)com, not macallister(dot)stone(at)yahoo(dot)com. Take out the (dot) between macallister and stone.

Mac does have her spam traps set rather high. She'll double-check them this evening, when she's back online, to make certain you haven't been ending up in there by mistake.

Medievalist
09-06-2008, 08:53 PM
That's the wrong address.

:D

moi
09-06-2008, 09:06 PM
mmm ... the addy at the dotcom site is with the dot, but I did also try the yahoo addy without a dot and a gmail addy that worked for a long time. The latter 2 never bounced, so maybe there's one greedy spam monster out there :eek:

moi

Williebee
09-06-2008, 09:09 PM
shhhhh methinks you are getting too close to "the truth". It isn't that Mac isn't present. It is that she is omni-present. The dot placement doesn't matter. She sees all.

Oh wait, maybe this post belongs in the conspiracy and paranoia thread.

moi
09-06-2008, 09:22 PM
you mean like, ... not only my emails, but ME(!) might get et by the spam monster :gone:... ?

Birol
09-06-2008, 09:31 PM
Mac swears that her spam guardian is 'cute,' but no one else can quite see it. ;)

Ken
09-06-2008, 09:39 PM
if Mac isn't about we might have a free-for-all, after bribing the Mods and Ombs.

Birol
09-06-2008, 09:43 PM
I don't think so. :D

Ken
09-06-2008, 09:46 PM
hmmm, so much for that strategy.
Guess I'd best be devising another...

Ken
09-06-2008, 09:55 PM
being prodded by the horned one I am :e2seesaw:
So time for a breather ;-) Later folks :-)

AlexP
09-06-2008, 11:50 PM
Goodday, I am the AW newsletter contests editor and have been trying every which way to contact MacAllister for the last month or so. Emails & pm's either bounce or get gobbled up by the spam monsters, it seems. Any suggestions?

thanks
moi

Speaking of the AW newsletter...

The basic newsletter has not come out since April 22nd (according to Zinester). And the premium monthly newsletter has not come out since July.

Will we see more newsletters sometime soon? I really enjoy receiving them.

Medievalist
09-07-2008, 12:06 AM
Speaking of the AW newsletter...

The basic newsletter has not come out since April 22nd (according to Zinester). And the premium monthly newsletter has not come out since July.

Will we see more newsletters sometime soon? I really enjoy receiving them.

The newsletters are no longer sent out through Zinester, who has not functioned correctly for months.

If you PM me with the email address your newsletters should go to, and which newsletters you subscribe to, I'll check on your subscriptions.

Judg
09-07-2008, 01:20 AM
Hmm. Has the sign-up site been changed? I signed up a while back, got the confirmation stuff from Zinester, and have never received anything.

Medievalist
09-07-2008, 09:22 AM
Zinester wasn't actually, you know, subscribing people. For months, in fact--despite charging for the service.

Again, if you want to have me check your subscriptions, pm me with the email address you subscribed with, and I'll take a look.

JennaGlatzer
09-07-2008, 09:32 AM
Moira! It took all that to get you to join us on the forums, huh? All part of Mac's big plan, of course. Glad you're here!

moi
09-07-2008, 11:05 AM
Hey Jenna! - your daughter is gorgeous! I think I might have been here a while back when the Stories of Strength anthology was in the making. Can't believe that was all 3 years ago and another evacuation of NO just recently, and on practically the anniversary ...

xx, moi

Judg
09-07-2008, 11:29 PM
Zinester wasn't actually, you know, subscribing people. For months, in fact--despite charging for the service.
Bet they won't give your money back, either.

Medievalist
09-07-2008, 11:39 PM
No, they won't.

And honestly, I have no idea how many people in good faith tried to subscribe via them.

I know I tried subscribing with four different email addresses, not one of which ever worked.

Clifton Hill
09-09-2008, 02:59 AM
Reading the above makes me feel better when I was having problems registering on the website I sent some e-mails to Macallister and never heard back. Now I realize that I must have gotten caught in the spam traps. :-)

Medievalist
09-09-2008, 03:04 AM
Seriously, folks, do just come to me with Newsletter problems.

Remember I need the email address you subscribed with, or at the very least, the address you want to subscribe with.