• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

beta reader needed for fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisenchantedDoc

Give me believable dialogue
Registered
Reaction score
Since I keep hitting a brick wall on where to go with my query letter, I've decided maybe I need some input from real beta-readers rather than the local geek squad. I'm more than willing to exchange beta for beta because right now, I don't think I could concentrate on my current WIP until I get this last one resolved.

Here's the skinny: The King of Elgeus is cleansing the land of all the non-humans. The non-humans form a group called the Resistance and decide the best chance they have of defeating him is to find these magical artifacts known as the Tears of Elios. Unfortunately for them, the only person who knows how to use these artifacts is a embittered shape-shifter who's less than eager to participate. Not only do they need to find the Tears of Elios before the king, but they also need to convince her to join them rather than thwart their efforts. The problem is, she knows how much they need her, and she's not going to share her secrets with just anyone.

The story is told from the POV of 4 characters: the shape-shifter, the leader of the Resistance, a young mage who recently joined the Resistance, and the one human the shape-shifter has learned to trust.

Yes, I know I'll need to do a better job of trying to sell it later, but right now, just getting a "thumbs up" or a "thumbs down" on a longer segment than what I can post in the SYW forum would be helpful. If interested, I'll send a few chapters.

The novel is complete at 97K, and even though I've revised 7+ times, there's always room for improvments.

Thanks in advance.

Madisonwrites

The Unicorn Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madisonlovestowrite.blogspot.com
Actually, your description doesn't sound too far off from what's put in a query. Try looking up successful queries. pubrants.blogspot.com is a literary agent's blog that has several. Study them and see if you really can write that query letter. You might be closer than you think.

chewysweet

Registered
Reaction score
I think your book sounds interesting. If I saw the summary on a book, I would be interested in picking up the book.

Status
Not open for further replies.