Take a Child Outside Week

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
From a recent email I got:

In North Carolina Sept. 24-30 is Take a Child Outside Week.

[FONT=&quot]Organizations and the public are invited to participate in Take a Child Outside Week, an international internet-facilitated program that encourages all citizens (particularly children) to participate in outdoor activities. The site encourages organizations to promote programming and activities that get children out into nature. [/FONT]

I think it is important to note that it isn't followed by a "Take the Kid Back Inside" Week.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Pffft. I practically have to drag mine inside after dark.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Is this during Offer Candy to Children Week?

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
Does this imply that children are kept locked up for the other 51 weeks?
n1qshok.gif

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
Like Soccermom, my kids have to be dragged in to eat dinner, and get scrubbed down before bed.

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
Some children should be locked up for the other 51 weeks. My mom had the philosophy that children should be kept in locked closets, with a little door to slide food and water through. The closet should face the front door and, on the child's 18th birthday, both doors should be opened at the same time.

Yep - she's a pisser, eh?**

**disclaimer - neither I nor my brother was ever locked in a closet for more than a few days, and when we were, we had plenty of bread and water**

***disclaimer disclaimer -okay I made that up. i also do no advocate locking children in closets. unless they really, really deserve it

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Does this imply that children are kept locked up for the other 51 weeks?
n1qshok.gif

Not locked up, precisely, but far too many kids are driven to school and back, and come home to watch TV or play computer games, and never go outside. In one city that's close-by to me, apparently kids aren't allowed to play street hockey.

I got news for the legislators: This is CANADA! Kids play road hockey. They should play road hockey.

Adults are far too fearful of imaginary dangers like kids being abducted by strangers, and don't see the very real dangers of kids growing up to have heart problems in their mid-twenties because they didn't get enough exercise as kids.

I think it is important to note that it isn't followed by a "Take the Kid Back Inside" Week.

Right on!

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Some children should be locked up for the other 51 weeks. My mom had the philosophy that children should be kept in locked closets, with a little door to slide food and water through. The closet should face the front door and, on the child's 18th birthday, both doors should be opened at the same time.

Yep - she's a pisser, eh?**

**disclaimer - neither I nor my brother was ever locked in a closet for more than a few days, and when we were, we had plenty of bread and water**

***disclaimer disclaimer -okay I made that up. i also do no advocate locking children in closets. unless they really, really deserve it

Your mom and my dad must be related... :D