PDA

View Full Version : Panic attack time!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mela
09-05-2008, 08:33 PM
Lunch is late and my hypoglycemic system has to eat by noon and so right now I'm munching down on peanuts and WASA bread to keep the blood sugar jitters at bay ... but I still don't feel right ...
and I'm at my desk at work ...
HELP! Make me calm until lunch arrives ...

Shadow_Ferret
09-05-2008, 08:36 PM
I hate when that happens.

Do you get the shakes? I do.

alleycat
09-05-2008, 08:36 PM
I could sing to you! Wait, you said you wanted to be calmed, not tortured.

Hmmm, what are you writing this days?

Mela
09-05-2008, 08:39 PM
Oh, Shadow, uncrontrollable jitters. It's horrible.
The peanuts have helped to stabilize me a bit but I'm still light headed.

Shadow_Ferret
09-05-2008, 08:41 PM
Yes, I get that way too on occasion when I don't eat. I'll often be at the dinner table shaking and dizzy until I get some food in my stomach.

My family thinks its funny to serve me peas and watch them all roll off the fork before I get it to my mouth.

alleycat
09-05-2008, 08:46 PM
Do either of you eat pickles? Some of my friends with this problem swear by them; I think it's the vinegar that suppose to help. I'm just going by hearsay; I'm no expert.

Mela
09-05-2008, 08:46 PM
Your family should be fed nothing but peas for the rest of their lives!!!!!!
Yes, shaking and dizzy and I've been told in the past that I've said things that I don't remember saying through the blood sugar fog ...

Mela
09-05-2008, 08:48 PM
Hmmm ... I don't know about vinegar. I've heard that apple cider vinegar is some sort of blood sugar stabilizer

Mela
09-05-2008, 08:49 PM
LUNCH IS HERE!!
Out of my way, you regularly functioning humans, damn you and your systems that can wait nonchalantly for food to arrive ... let me eat!!

alleycat
09-05-2008, 08:52 PM
Hey, don't be too hard on us. We were asking you questions to keep your mind off of what you were going through as much as possible.

;-)

Mela
09-05-2008, 08:57 PM
sorry, alleycat, but I would just like to ONCE eat because I'm hungry and not because I have to to keep my blood sugar level.

alleycat
09-05-2008, 08:58 PM
I was just teasing you.

;-)

Bayou Bill
09-05-2008, 09:03 PM
Lunch is late and my hypoglycemic system has to eat by noon and so right now I'm munching down on peanuts and WASA bread to keep the blood sugar jitters at bay ... but I still don't feel right ...
and I'm at my desk at work ...
HELP! Make me calm until lunch arrives ...

http://www.stickergiant.com/imgs/250/y8526.gif

Just a modest proposal from:

Bayou Bill :cool:

Mela
09-05-2008, 09:17 PM
Ok, we're cool now, we're good. We're definitely good.
So ...............

anyone know who posted that they were having a panic attack under my name?
;)

alleycat
09-05-2008, 09:19 PM
Ok, we're cool now, we're good. We're definitely good.
So ...............

anyone know who posted that they were having a panic attack under my name?
;)
Carly Simon?

I had a panic attack one time when I was flying a plane and almost flew into another aircraft. ;-)

Mela
09-05-2008, 09:41 PM
Carly Simon?

I had a panic attack one time when I was flying a plane and almost flew into another aircraft. ;-)

I'm confused ...
You mean Carly Simon had the attack or you did?
does Carly Simon fly planes too?

I flew a plane once. I was on a story assignment, reporting on a local airport that wanted to expand - always a foundation for neighborhood angst - and we were up in the air in a student plane and the airport owner asked me if I wanted to fly and I said sure and I flew it for about five minutes until we hit turbulence. That was it for my flying days.

alleycat
09-05-2008, 09:49 PM
I meant that as two separate comments.

Carly Simon was once well-known for having panic attacks. I'm not sure whether she still does or not.

When you're learning to fly, one of the things you practice is stalls. A stall is basically when the wings of a plane stop producing lift. Anyway, most of the time when a pilot gets into a stall he's pointing the plane upward at too sharp of an angle; hence the airflow over the wing breaks up and they stop producing lift. The solution is simple (at any reasonable attitude), you just bring the nose of the plane down. So, my instructor wants me to practice correcting a stall. This is my first time. I knew exactly what I was suppose to do . . . get the nose of the plane down. The instructor told me to put the plane in a stall. I did. The plane stalls. I get the nose of the plane down . . . almost straight down. The instructor looks over at me like I'm an idiot (I was) and tells me, "Uh, not that far down." Hey, we weren't in a stall any more, were we?

Mela
09-05-2008, 10:53 PM
Oh, yeah? Carly Simon? I hadn't heard that.

On the airplane thing: That would be enough to send my spiraling into panic attack hell!

Pagey's_Girl
09-05-2008, 11:23 PM
.... I get the nose of the plane down . . . almost straight down. The instructor looks over at me like I'm an idiot (I was) and tells me, "Uh, not that far down." Hey, we weren't in a stall any more, were we?

Like I always say: Hey, it WORKED, didn't it?