PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Types

Gehanna
09-05-2008, 07:36 AM
There are the usual ghost types such as mists, orbs, and etc. but, I'd like to discuss the other types.

If ghosts really do exist then my home is infested with the pesky type. These are the kind of ghosts that try to make you think you've lost your mind by moving and/or hiding objects from you. It is important to note that the objects these pesky ghosts mess with are the ones you are currently using.

Example #1:
While watching TV, you get the munchies. You put the remote down on the coffee table or the couch and head to the kitchen. When you come back, the remote is gone! Normally, you might blame your children or your spouse except this time you are the only one at home.

Example #2:
This example is what happened to me at least 3 times today. While hanging pictures, the pesky ghosts took my nails and moved them into other areas of the house. They never messed with my hammer.

Example #3:
Here is an example that as writers, I imagine many of you can relate to. The unexplained disappearance of your pens and pencils. The ghosts that do this are known as baffles. As a sub type of the pesky ghosts, they seem to enjoy provoking a confused facial expression, inciting frantic searches and causing heated questions such as, "Where the hell did my pencil go!?!"

I have a suspicion that the pesky ghosts are also responsible for causing pets, especially cats, to have those sudden bursts of freaky energy. This is just a theory tho.

Gehanna

Mumut
09-05-2008, 01:45 PM
In the Isle of Man there is a ghostly creature that is just out of sight - the thing you thought you saw out of the corner of your eye.

The spirit in my house , as witnessed by me and my two daughters on a number of separate occasions is a young woman. Usually she is in a hurry but she always gives the witness a deep feeling of peace, happiness and wellbeing. I've never asked her to pull my finger, though.

Gehanna
09-05-2008, 02:42 PM
Last night I woke in a panic because of a loud crash in my bedroom. One of the pictures I hung fell off the wall. Either that was a ghost or I'm a lousy picture hanger. In this case, I prefer the ghost explanation.

Growing up, my mother had an experience where something pulled the sheets down at the end of the bed. When she got up to check things out, the sheets were twisted as if they had been twisted by hand. My mother also had a near death experience.

Do I believe in ghosts? Kind of. I believe there are spirits and that people do have paranormal experiences. This I believe because I've had a few experiences of my own. I do not believe the spirits are from people. In my opinion, they are either Messengers from God or fallen angels.

Gehanna

Edited to add this comment:

My signature is the result of having been recently agitated by fallen angels. My response, as opposed to backsliding into sin, was to tell the demons, "Here pull my finger and see what you get." *shrug* lol

Unique
09-05-2008, 03:16 PM
Ask your ghosts where they put my fiction notebook. I wanted to write in it yesterday and it was no where to be found.

It's around here somewhere ....

Gehanna
09-05-2008, 03:31 PM
Ack! heathen spirits messing with Unique! Return the notebook or I'm tellin' Almighty Daddy on ya! And while your at it, bring back my media center remote dang it!

:D
Gehanna

Ol' Fashioned Girl
09-05-2008, 04:22 PM
We used to call my mother 'Mrs. Tucker' because it seemed she was always losing things. We assumed she was 'tucking' them away and forgetting she'd done it. When Mom died, my sister was suddenly stricken with 'Mrs. Tucker Disease'.

Maybe it wasn't a disease... maybe it's these beings of which you speak. And in that case... I'm next! GAH!tm

Pagey's_Girl
09-05-2008, 05:17 PM
The building I work in was at one time a rather high-end department store called Wallace's. (My mom remembers shopping there, as well as at arch-rival Lucky Platt's, which was across the street. They're converting the old Lucky Platt building into storefronts and apartments, but it's been empty for about thirty years.) It's said our building is haunted by the ghost of Mr. Wallace. I know strange things have happened. One of the maintanance guys has more than once heard footsteps up on the second floor very late in the evening or first thing in the morning - when the building was empty except for him. There's a big glass window over my desk looking into the foyer and several times I've seen a shadow move in the glass as if there were someone behind me - when there's no one else in the lobby. And I've heard that the security cameras have more than once picked up a shadowy figure in the hallways at night....

If it is Mr. Wallace, I'd love to talk to him. Back in its heyday, this town was a rich little enclave that, from what I've heard, could have been right out of F. Scott Fitzgerald. I'd love to get his take on it...

CaroGirl
09-05-2008, 05:21 PM
I would like a ghost writer to finish my novel for me. That would rock.

Pagey's_Girl
09-05-2008, 05:31 PM
I would like a ghost writer to finish my novel for me. That would rock.

That's not the same thing as when HP Lovecraft is your muse, is it? ;)

*Wondering if the black shape I keep thinking I saw might in fact be Yog-Soothoth instead of Old Man Wallace...*

NeuroFizz
09-05-2008, 06:23 PM
I know exactly what you mean, G. I've been noticing that things aren't in their usual places, and they are seldom where I swear I put them. This has only started happening recently, or maybe it's just that I notice them more now that I'm getting on in the years.
Oh, wait.
Crap. *runs off to the Old Farts' Thread*

cray
09-05-2008, 06:44 PM
I know exactly what you mean, G. I've been noticing that things aren't in their usual places, and they are seldom where I swear I put them. This has only started happening recently, or maybe it's just that I notice them more now that I'm getting on in the years.

at least you still have your awesome hair. :D

Gehanna
09-05-2008, 10:34 PM
Neuro, you look like a white, fro blown version of Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield in the movie Pulp Fiction. lol

Gehanna

DL Hegel
09-05-2008, 11:42 PM
There are the usual ghost types such as mists, orbs, and etc. but, I'd like to discuss the other types.

If ghosts really do exist then my home is infested with the pesky type. These are the kind of ghosts that try to make you think you've lost your mind by moving and/or hiding objects from you. It is important to note that the objects these pesky ghosts mess with are the ones you are currently using.

Example #1:
While watching TV, you get the munchies. You put the remote down on the coffee table or the couch and head to the kitchen. When you come back, the remote is gone! Normally, you might blame your children or your spouse except this time you are the only one at home.
you left the room and the ghosts wanted to watch the food network

Example #2:
This example is what happened to me at least 3 times today. While hanging pictures, the pesky ghosts took my nails and moved them into other areas of the house. They never messed with my hammer.
they were former interior designers and felt you made faulty decorating choices

Example #3:
Here is an example that as writers, I imagine many of you can relate to. The unexplained disappearance of your pens and pencils. The ghosts that do this are known as baffles. As a sub type of the pesky ghosts, they seem to enjoy provoking a confused facial expression, inciting frantic searches and causing heated questions such as, "Where the hell did my pencil go!?!"
maybe they had letters they needed to write--were there stamps missing?

I have a suspicion that the pesky ghosts are also responsible for causing pets, especially cats, to have those sudden bursts of freaky energy. This is just a theory tho.
ghosts like to play and pet kitties too

Gehannahttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_1_1v.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk762NUUS)

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb098&pp=ZNxmk762NUUS (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb098_ZNxmk762NUUS&utm_id=7926)

Unique
09-06-2008, 12:00 AM
Ack! heathen spirits messing with Unique! Return the notebook or I'm tellin' Almighty Daddy on ya! And while your at it, bring back my media center remote dang it!

:D
Gehanna

Thankx, Gehanna. I found it. :D
Is your remote in the frigidare or next to the fireplace? ;)

Gehanna
09-06-2008, 04:39 AM
I went to look around the fire place. I didn't find my remote but, I did find a DVD of the movie The Thin Red Line. Ironic that I would find an awesome DVD to watch but, NO Remote! That's like some kind of pesky ghost torture technique. How cruel. Keep that crap up you pesky ghosts and I'm callin' a priest! Either that or I'm going to enter the AW Conspiracy Theory contest and share the truth about organized hauntings! Yeah, that's right. NOW, who's scared? ... Uh huh, that's what I thought ya bunch a disembodied chumps. Gimme my *&%#$* remote back!

Gehanna

Ageless Stranger
09-06-2008, 04:43 AM

If ghosts really do exist then my home is infested with the pesky type.

KTC is in your house?

OT though, I used to know a girl who swore that her house was haunted, as did everyone who went round there. When it was my turn to experience the weirdness, I was a little disturbed; strange noises, etc. The usual stuff that gives you the creeps. Nothing that took me out of my comfort zone though or made me want to call the ghost busters.

Gehanna
09-06-2008, 04:49 AM
KTC's got my remote!?! Perhaps in the morning, after my shower, he'll write me a hauntingly beautiful poem in the condensation on my bathroom mirror. :D KTC, The Pesky Ghost. I like the sound of that better than Casper, The Friendly Ghost.

Gehanna

wrinkles
09-06-2008, 04:53 AM
I attend lots of meetings and trainings that have complimentary cheap ballpoint pens and pads on the tables at each seat. I consistently gather up all the pens at the seats that don't get occupied and all those that others don't take with them. I bring them home and put them in the cabinet drawer beneath the phone in the kitchen. I gather dozens per year, hundreds since I started doing this. Literally hundreds, literally. I just put six in that drawer. There were none in it. Where do they go? Yes, indeed, where dio they go?

Gehanna
09-06-2008, 05:05 AM
If it ain't ghosts then it's that darn 17 mile long magnet making mini holes in the universe. You know, nothing has been the same since scientists declared Pluto was no longer a planet. It's all a conspiracy I tell ya. As bad as the recent Sa... erm, I don't know how to spell Sasquatch. .. As bad as the recent Big Foot hoax.

Gehanna

Susie
09-06-2008, 05:33 AM
We constantly have that with things missing and then turning up as soon as we've given up looking for it. A picture fell off the wall recently and we weren't near it at all. Then yesterday we heard what sounded like an icecream truck song. The phone hadn't rung and it wasn't the tv. Also, when my mom goes into her guest bathroom, before she has a chance to sit on the pot, the toilet flushes! lol. She thinks it's the ghost of toilets past. :) doo-doo-doo-doo.

Gehanna
09-06-2008, 06:01 AM
Susie, has your mom been in any airport bathrooms lately? I think a pesky airport ghost may have followed her home. :D Although, God forbid, it may be a Walmart toilet invader type. If it is, have her start taking a plastic spoon in the bathroom each time she goes. Why a plastic spoon? .. I don't know. It's the first thing that came to mind. lol

Gehanna

Susie
09-06-2008, 06:09 AM
:roll: She hasn't been to the airport in about 6 years and hasn't bought a Walmart toilet either, so can't figure it out. hehe.

Devil Ledbetter
09-06-2008, 06:38 AM
I don't believe in anything supernatural, but in my early 20s I lived in a bungalow with a "ghost" we called The Whistler. We frequently heard human whistling, sometimes quiet and distant, other times nearby and so loud it'd make your hair stand on end.

Other things would happen: doors slamming on their own; footfalls in the attic; often if you tossed a pack of cigarettes on the table, or a ring of keys, they'd land standing up. Freaky weird. When I'd go to bed at night, I'd hear stuff moving around atop the dresser. That dresser still has scratches in it from my jewelry boxes sliding around at night.

It was kind of a joke to say "Go away. You're dead."

It was scary to me, but not half as scary as the crack addict freak who lived across the street, so I adjusted.

The Whistler also used to break Christmas ornaments. They'd explode right on the tree. This was back in the late '80s, and I'd kind of put it out of my mind. A few months ago my sister brought him up. She said one night when she'd come over to that house she felt that he followed her home. She was not the first person to say such a thing and I REALLY don't believe in ghosts, so I just mentally dismissed it. Then she said after it followed her home, some of her Christmas ornaments spontaneously broke.

I'd never even told her about that.

Mandy-Jane
09-06-2008, 06:45 AM
I had a coffee plunger once that I used to love using. It sat on the kitchen windowsill. One day I was in another room and I heard a small crash. The coffee plunger was smashed on the sink. It had fallen from the windowsill, but there was no draft coming from anywhere and the window was not open.

Never found out what caused that.

Bartholomew
09-06-2008, 09:54 AM
I ain't afraid of no ghosts. (http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&client=firefox-a&channel=s&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=3uq&resnum=0&q=ghostbusters+site:youtube.com&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv&oi=property_suggestions&resnum=0&ct=property-revision&cd=1#q=ghostbusters%20theme%20song%20youtube&hl=en&emb=0)

Ol' 61
09-06-2008, 04:31 PM
I love stuff like this. I totally believe in ghosts!

In our last apartment, I was in my bedroom reading to my youngest son, when something fell from the closet shelf. We looked at each other and I said, "What was that?" He said, "It was Laughing Guy."

Now, a word about my son--he is autistic. So for him to say something like this, it was kind of...wierd. I asked him if he could draw me a picture of Laughing Guy, but he said, "No."

For every unexplained noise or strange occurrence, we always blamed Laughing Guy. Poor guy--he probably didn't appreciate it! Now we have bought a house, and I have to say, sometimes, I miss him.