Hey guys

Eskimo1990

is here :)
Registered
Reaction score
I know there is a thread for this somewhere...but I don't feel like digging for it.

Since Tuesday night I've been feeling a sharp pain in my right side. At one point it got so bad I fell to the ground because of the pain.
I didn't go to school yesterday.
I went to the doctor's today. They aren't sure what it is. I had to go get a CT scan.
I am really scared that something might be wrong with me, or my appendix...or I dunno.

I won't know anything until tomorrow most likely, but I just need prayers...and hugs.

Thanks...

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Prayers and hugs hope it isn't anything serious

Eskimo1990

Registered
Reaction score
Oh thanks...
Hmm I dunno, my cycle is pretty regular.

I hope it's nothing really... :(

Adam Israel

Formerly known as StoneTable
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adamisrael.com
Hopefully it's minor and temporary, and not your appendix. If the doctor didn't immediately jump to that conclusion while examining you, you hopefully dodged that bullet.

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Here's the Wiki on Ovarian cysts.

My daughter had one removed a couple of years back. She was in so much pain that she had difficulty crawling up the stairs to go to bed, so we took her to the hospital, where they did the scan and the surgery.

Hugs and prayers, Eskimo, and hope you feel better soon.

KC Sunshine

Registered
Reaction score
If they thought it was your appendix they would have wheeled you straight into hospital- my money is on cyst too. I had ovarian cysts when I was a teenager and they were agonising. *Big hugs*

Eskimo1990

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks guys.
That's what everyone else is saying about the appendix thing too. Because I haven't had any fever.
But my friends step-dad didn't either...and they operated at the right time because it burst in the surgeon's hand....

Hopefully it's nothing too bad. I can't really afford to miss that much school so early in the year...

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
(((Hugs)))

I had a co-worker a few years back who had to have an ovarian cyst removed. She was back on her feet and back at work in about a week and a half.

It could also be a gallstone - they can hit anyone.

Another kind of weird thing - back when I was in college I came down with, of all things, a nasty little infection of the cartilage between two of my ribs. It felt like someone was putting a hot knife into my side - I couldn't even take a deep breath. The fever didn't kick in for a day or so. It took a few weeks' worth of antibiotics to get it all sorted out.

JLCwrites

Registered
Reaction score
Hope you get better soon! I am pretty sure it is something mentioned above, either a cyst or a stone. Either way... glad you got it checked out!

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
Have you tried reviewing some of the medical Web sites? There's a lot of real information on the .edu and hospital Web sites.

Sometimes they can be a bit spooky to read (I have THAT and I'm dying!), but by keeping focused on the symptoms and researching, you can find some comforting information and how to make yourself comfortable.

Good luck and take care of yourself.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Sending gentle hugs your way, skisy. Hope you're feeling better very soon and it's something the docs can fix w. medication.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

Yes, it is probably nothing, but you're smart to go and be seen by the doctor. I"m not going to try and diagnose you over the internet, I'm just adding my good thoughts. I hope the doctor gives you good news.

Eskimo1990

Registered
Reaction score
They never called. Now I have to wait until Monday. I really just want to know what is wrong with me.
I'm really scared because I've never dealt with anything like this before.

willfulone

I am a zebra...
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I know this is stressful. But, in a case like this, my doc always says "No news is good news" when waiting on a test result. If you have immediate and bad news coming your way with a medical test, they don't (typically) wait a weekend. It is likely that it is not horribly serious. But, sorry you are having pain. That is horrible. I hope you feel better.

Christine