Week 2 RESULTS are in!

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
After our sudden death match (and a good voter turnout, I might add), we finally have results for week two.

I'm sorry to say that this week, we're losing...

rhymegirl

Congrats to...

Blue Texas
DJP
firehorse
jdkiggins
pepperlandgirl
Rhush
trumancoyote
and
William Haskins

who've made it through to round 3. See you in a few minutes on the finalists board with the next theme and deadline!

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
Condolences, Rhymegirl. You put up a good fight. Have some chocolate and join me in the tormenting-the-remaining-contestants section?

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Congrats to all the finalists who have made it through. And congrats to Rhyme as well! Yours was a great entry. Good luck next week!

As an aside, I was wondering when the rest of the finalists are going to start filming their Ford commercials?

KTC Out!

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
Congratulations to the Elite Eight!

Rhymegirl, huge hugs to you, as well as a box of virtual chocolate.

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
It's so hard to see anyone go at this stage. Everyone has done such an amazing job! I'm glad we had the opportunity to read your work, Kate! Well done!:Hug2: Oh and just to cheer you up if you need it.... Barry Banana, folks! :banana: (I don't think I've ever used this smilie!)

Congrats to everyone. :Clap:

mommie4a

Mother of All Addictions
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jillmillerzimon.com
Sooo hard!

Week 2 was tough. No way it gets easier.

Rhymegirl - I loved your premise, because it's happened to me. Congrats for making the finals. And post in the just for fun area! (Not sure why I'm cheerleading that - Poppy - how ya doin'??)

Yet again I had a conversation with my significant other who thinks I'm obsessed with getting further in my writing that I should be able to in the (short) time I want to get there. Fie on him I say (it helps if you kiss them while you're doing that).

Just keep writing and reading and having fun.

Ok - enough cheer for now.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Hugs to you, Kate. I truly enjoyed your entry. This competition is really tough. You did well, though. Cheers.

And congrats to the rest.

bjewel77

Arkie Dreamer & Gardener
Registered
Reaction score
Here's some frozen Bonkerita's for all of you...great stories, all of them!

Rhymegirl, I made yours a double...on the rocks! :Cheers: So sad that anyone has to go! All of you have much talent!

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A big hug to Rhymegirl, and congrats to the remaining eight. One thing is for sure, every round we've had to pick the cream out of a very good crop.

Good luck in the next round!

sharon

Registered
Reaction score
Hugs to Rhymegirl! Your writing is an inspiration! Congrats to the remaining idols and good luck in round three!

wurdwise

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think it's a bad reflection on rhymegirl. One of out three had to go, who know how close the revote might have been?

Speaking of which, Jenna, did we have a bigger voting turn out this time around, I mean, before the sudden death? I hope so.

Celeste

Banned
Reaction score
Congrats to you all! :Clap:

Rhymegirl, you done good, girl!!! :Thumbs:

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats to the finalists & Kate, you are the best!!! Your writing is super too and many congrats on your article in WD. Wonderful!!!

Many hugs, Susie:)

Last edited:

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you all for your kind words! Thank you to the people who voted for me and to those who sent me some very thoughtful, supportive notes.

This contest has been a very challenging and valuable experience. I wish the best of luck to the remaining finalists. I will be reading your work and trying to select the best of the best. I'm sure it will be very hard to choose. You're all very talented!

BlueTexas

Back from self-exile land.
Registered
Reaction score
Rhymegirl--I wish I could borrow your great attitude some mornings when all I want to do is grumble at the world. I hope we can all muster that great spirit when it's our turn, too.

Now...126 votes? Almost 400 entrants? Must be that new math stuff they're teaching...

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
I'm ashamed to admit I did not vote this week.

My excuse? I'm in grad school and this is the last week of regular classes. Last week I had a rewritten paper due. This week, I have two papers, one presentation, one short story, and some end-of-term projects due. Because of something else going on, too, I failed to finish reading the last few entries, which I would not have felt comfortable voting without doing, then slept through the deadline.

The contestants can feel free to throw rotten veggies at me now.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Birol said:
I'm ashamed to admit I did not vote this week.

I failed to finish reading the last few entries, which I would not have felt comfortable voting without doing, then slept through the deadline.

The contestants can feel free to throw rotten veggies at me now.

No rotten veggies from me. :thankyou: I admire your integrity in not voting without having read all the entries. :Thumbs: Kudos to you.

firehorse

Living the Dream
Registered
Reaction score
BlueTexas said:
Rhymegirl--I wish I could borrow your great attitude some mornings when all I want to do is grumble at the world. I hope we can all muster that great spirit when it's our turn, too.
Seriously, Kate, you are gracious and a great writer. I know I already sent one of these, but one can never have too many :Hug2:

DJP

pounding away at the piano..
Registered
Reaction score
This contest has been a very challenging and valuable experience. I wish the best of luck to the remaining finalists. I will be reading your work and trying to select the best of the best. I'm sure it will be very hard to choose. You're all very talented!

Thanks for the good luck wishes. Good luck to you in your writing career, your entries certainly show your talent. :Hug2:

Kim Gogo

Lady of the North
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations

I am afraid I wasn't able to vote this week. I've been incommunicato, tweaking and finalizing some material that I sent to a publisher--my very first official submission. I finally decided to get off the fence. Anyway, I have felt terrible for not coming on here for so long.

Congratulations to the finalists who've surpassed yet another milestone. Rhymegirl, congratulations to you for being a talented writer and for your kindness and tact right to the end.

You are all so creative and inspiring and I look forward to the next round!

kim

Kim Gogo

Lady of the North
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks!

JennaGlatzer said:
Way to go, Kim! :Clap:

I realize that 98% of ms get rejected, so I've got a couple other publishers in mind, just in case.

I don't know how long I can hold my breath, though. :Shrug:

kim