• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Content site] TravelByCity.net

Nefertiti Baker

~*Hot Zen Kitty*~
Registered
Reaction score
TBC is a website looking for people to write travel review content articles. They pay $5 an article (they're pretty short, so I didn't have a problem with this). Payment is once a month, supposedly on the last day of the cycle. Notice I say supposedly. Yeah.

Now, the first time I do stuff for them, they check my two articles, pay out just fine, and things are hunky-dory.

The next month? They check all but two articles. OK...I'd like the $10, but I won't quibble. I bring the missing articles to their attention. They say that sometimes, they get too busy to check all of the articles, and that they promise to get them next go-around. But the best part? They pay out TWO WEEKS LATE. It seems that their payment person has gone on vacation, and that no one is filling in for them! I was appalled. I used this money for bills (of course. I mean, it's SALARY), which were now going to be late. Fab. They pay me out, and promise that "that never happens". Sigh.

That brings me to this month.

I do waaaay more guides than usual, because I'd actually sat down and figured out my schedule and budgetary needs so that I could really pinpoint my workload. I did a bunch in the beginning of the month; they check them on the 19th. I do more, thinking I'd get them checked on the 28 or 28th or so.

Nothing.

I write to them, saying, "Hi...it's getting close to the end of the month. Are you going to check the articles that are in my queue?"

Nothing.

Today, instead of getting a PP deposit for $150, I get one for $45. They had only checked the articles once that month. In the middle. They never answered my email, at all. Plus, they paid late again. Last time I checked, Canadians don't celebrate Labor Day, though I could be wrong on this. I should have gotten paid on the 29th or something.

I just fired off a succinct little note to them. I must say, I think they're shutting down or something. It's a Priceline member site, and their conduct is surprising. I mean, the guy that I had contact with had a Priceline e-card in his earliest emails to me. Now, the cards no longer there. I'm sure that their incompetence got them dropped from the affilliate network. I don't care, though. I did good work, and no one screws with my money. I WILL get paid.

I just wanted the rest of you to know...DON'T WORK FOR THESE CLOWNS. You'll be sorry.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
The domain's for sale now, so it's a safe bet they indeed shut down.