View Full Version : What is the thing called? (video theft protection)

09-01-2008, 12:33 AM
Any video store employees out there?

You know when you go in Blockbuster how there's the plastic thing that prevents you from opening the movie case until the cashier removes it with his special little tool? (and how it's a major PITA if they forget and you get home only to find you can't get to your movie) What is that thing called? I haven't been able to be specific enough for google to give me an answer!

Oh, and if you know the name of the tool they use to remove it, that'd be helpful too!

09-01-2008, 12:44 AM
Probably "sensor tag" and "detacher". Here's (http://www.bestsecurityindustries.com/) a business that sells these things, which are generally known as "loss prevention products."

Robert Toy
09-01-2008, 12:49 AM
Technically speaking they are called Radio-frequency identification (RFID) tags. You can google RFID and gets loads of info.

09-01-2008, 01:05 AM
You guys rock. That will give my scene much more punch than the phrase "annoying plastic thingamabob."