Just a small, pointless rant.

IReidandWrite

Registered
Reaction score
All I want is to drive to Blockbuster and rent Mario Super Sluggers.

Even though we have 2 cars and a motorcycle, my mom will NOT give up the car.

For fifteen minutes, IF THAT.

Here's why it ticks me off: I got my license on my birthday, which lost me about 3 hours with my boyfriend.

Jeez.

If you're not willing to give me the car for fifteen minutes, don't make me get my license. I don't care that my permit expires on the 31st......I just want to drive my car.

I'm REALLY cheesed off.

Beach Bunny

The Provocative One
Registered
Reaction score
Feel better now? ;)

New strategy: Ask your mother if there is an errand you can run for her. You can swing by Blockbuster on the way. :)

IReidandWrite

Registered
Reaction score
It's their car, their choice. Buy a car.

It is my car. I pay for half of it, and am still making payments directly to them. Mom is going to take the old car whenever we go and get it fixed.

My mom says she wants to give me more experience driving....I really don't think the state is in the business of giving out licenses to people who can't use them.

Also, I've driven on the friggin' highway, and she tells me I'm not experienced enough to park in a Blockbuster?!

Clair Dickson

A dark core to every cloud
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bofexler.blogspot.com
Um, while I understand your frustration (parents have that unique ability.) but if it's less than 15 minutes to drive, it can't take that long to walk...? Just an idea.

Or maybe it's not the car but the task? You could ask, then listen carefully to the answer and accept it. One of those facts of life is that other people will make decisions and edicts we don't like-- it take much maturity to hear their position and respect it. (Works in the work-world too.) You'd look very responsible and mature by calmly asking and calmly accepting.

IReidandWrite

Registered
Reaction score
Um, while I understand your frustration (parents have that unique ability.) but if it's less than 15 minutes to drive, it can't take that long to walk...? Just an idea.

Or maybe it's not the car but the task? You could ask, then listen carefully to the answer and accept it. One of those facts of life is that other people will make decisions and edicts we don't like-- it take much maturity to hear their position and respect it. (Works in the work-world too.) You'd look very responsible and mature by calmly asking and calmly accepting.

It's a loong walk around a busy street.

Beach Bunny

The Provocative One
Registered
Reaction score
It is my car. I pay for half of it, and am still making payments directly to them. Mom is going to take the old car whenever we go and get it fixed.

My mom says she wants to give me more experience driving....I really don't think the state is in the business of giving out licenses to people who can't use them.

Also, I've driven on the friggin' highway, and she tells me I'm not experienced enough to park in a Blockbuster?!
:Wha: ... You have every right to be pissed. I'm a mom and I think your mom is in the wrong on this one. However, there's not a damn thing you can do about it. We moms make mistakes and sometimes we make the wrong decisions. You just have to live with it. Them's the breaks. Sorry. :(

I will say that it will help your cause tremendously in the future, if you grit your teeth and bear it with a smile now.

:Hug2:

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It might not be you. It's a holiday weekend and there may be a**holes about. Out on the road... driving.

She wants a live nachonaco, not a smushed one. Maybe.

Karen Duvall

Chalice the Hatchet Knight
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.karenduvall.blogspot.com
What if you ask Mom to come with? That's her beef, right? That you don't have the experience to drive by yourself. So don't drive by yourself. Let her supervise.