What is Your Favorite Kiss Scene?

dgiharris

Disgruntled Scientist
Registered
Reaction score
As we love to do favorites here, I was watching a Re-Run of Friends the other day and it was the pivotal scene when Ross and Rachael kissed for the first time.

THey had just finished fighting, Ross storms off, Rachael curses herself and locks the cafe doors, a few moments later, Ross returns with that puppy dog look, Rachael tries to open the door, but it is locked, the tension builds, she unlocks it, and they kiss...
RossRachelKiss-704960.jpg

I remember watching that in College, in the dorms, and when it happened, the entire place went nuts, like it was the super bowl. Our dorm had various 'TV rooms' sprinkled about campus and it was pandemonium.

THe build up, the longing of all the viewers for these two to finally connect and when it happened. WOW.

So in TV or Movies, I ask you? What is a favorite or memorable "Kiss Scene". First kiss, last kiss, doesn't matter.

Mel...

Last edited:

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
The kiss that comes to mind when I think of on-screen kisses is that from Deep Space Nine between Jadzia Dax and the female host of the symbiont that she was married to, when a male host, in a previous life. I remember thinking at the time how well done it was, and how it felt completely natural to the characters. It was an example of very good writing.

jgold

Grinning
Registered
Reaction score
I can think of two--both from Buffy the Vampire Slayer...

End of the second season. Angel releases the big bad right before his soul returns. Buffy knows it's too late, and she has to make a choice. They kiss, tears are running down her face, and she tells him "Close your eyes."

And then she runs him through with a sword.

Second one, can't remember which season or episode. Spike's in love with Buffy, but Buffy despises him. She picks a fight, and Spike fights back. They're ripping through walls and beating the shit out of each other. Then suddenly they're not fighting, they're kissing, and then they're doing something else...

Best show ever. Hottest scene ever.

maggieuc

Registered
Reaction score
Ned and Chuck on Pushing Daisies, when she quickly pulls up the plastic wrap and kisses him. It's so sweet and sad b/c they can't touch.

ALG71

Defanged Hellraiser
Registered
Reaction score
In a place, at a time, where I sometimes ask mysel
IMHO, a better Ross and Rachel kiss is the episode where they're watching the video of Monica and Rachel's Prom night. And at the end, Rachel gets up and goes over to Ross and starts kissing him. So hot that scene. She looked great that year and especially that episode.

Also, Han and Leia just before he's frozen.

A dozen others...I'll come back lol.

Darklite

Registered
Reaction score
The 1st season of Torchwood, episode 12. Jack travels back to WW2 and kisses the real Captain Jack. *fans self* Oh, my.

Oh yes, put me down for that kiss too. I must've watched it about a hundred times. Who cares about realism, it was damn HOT! And season two's Jack and Captain Spike John's kiss wasn't bad either :)

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
Ooooh, and Buffy & Spike's kiss, at the end of "Once More, With Feeling." I remember gasping when I saw that one!

I can think of two--both from Buffy the Vampire Slayer...

End of the second season. Angel releases the big bad right before his soul returns. Buffy knows it's too late, and she has to make a choice. They kiss, tears are running down her face, and she tells him "Close your eyes."

And then she runs him through with a sword.

Second one, can't remember which season or episode. Spike's in love with Buffy, but Buffy despises him. She picks a fight, and Spike fights back. They're ripping through walls and beating the shit out of each other. Then suddenly they're not fighting, they're kissing, and then they're doing something else...

Best show ever. Hottest scene ever.

dgiharris

Disgruntled Scientist
Registered
Reaction score
Another one that comes to mind is in Braveheart.

When the princess is helping William Wallace and he says, "Why do you help me"
and she says, "Because of the way you are looking at me right now"

She has her back to him, he spins her around and kisses her and something about the way she just fell into him made me say "Wow!"

And if you are an anime fan

Ninja Scroll

At the end of Ninja Scroll, when the poison-girl is stabbed and is dying and the hero is holding her, telling her that he loves her and kisses her and she says, "I am happy" and dies. Then he goes on a killing rampage. That always makes my heart go pitter patter. Very romantic scene believe it or not.

Mel...

Mandy-Jane

venturing ever further into the unknown
Registered
Reaction score
I will complete a play this year! I will!
The kiss from The Notebook where they've been in the boat and it starts raining and then they start arguing before they have a big passionate kiss. That's nice.

But being a Jane Austen fan, I have to say my all time favourite kiss is Lizzy and Darcy in the closing seconds of the BBC mini-series Pride and Prejudice. We waited something like eight episodes for it and it was the best!

Seaclusion

Absolute Parsley
Registered
Reaction score
The original Thomas Crown Affair with Seve McQueen and Faye Dunaway after the chess match. Must have gone on for five minutes.

Richard

maggieuc

Registered
Reaction score
Here's another one: At the train station when Mr. Thornton leans in and slowly kisses Margaret in BBC's North and South. I've watched that a million times. I also LOVE the almost kiss in Mansfield Park (the one with Johnny Lee Miller). Fanny sees Mr. Crawford with Maria, and Edmund is comforting her. He pushes her hair back and almost kisses her but stops himself and apologizes....

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
Website
www.marianperera.com
I watched this a long time ago and so I can't remember it clearly but I think there was a scene in DeMille's The Ten Commandments where Moses (a young, hot Moses) is chained up in Pharaoh's dungeon, and Nefertiti enters. She's in love with him, and she's just been told he's actually a Hebrew, is responsible for killing an Egyptian and is sentenced to be exiled into the desert where he's likely to die. Believing it's the last time she'll see him alive, she kisses him.

Moses's hands were chained on either side of him and he couldn't touch her, but he seemed to be kissing her back just fine. I was a kid then, and what an impression it seems to have made on impressionable me. :)

Red-Green

KoalaKoalaKoala!
Registered
Reaction score
At the publishing party, whacking the piñata
Website
www.bryngreenwood.com
An odd one, but one that really struck me at the time. In 28 Days Later, when Jim has just fought his way past soldiers and zombies to rescue Selena. They're both so relieved and more than a little hysterical. Great kiss. Plus, the utter indignation with which he says, "I was kissing her," after Hannah clocks him with the bottle.

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
The first X-Files movie. That pesky black-oil-carrying bee stops it before it comes to fruition, but oh! such a tease that scene!

Of course, the rest of the "kiss" is on YouTube ;)

Southern_girl29

Registered
Reaction score
I also love the Rachel and Ross kiss when they are watching the Prom video. It was just perfectly done.

JLCwrites

Registered
Reaction score
Last of the Mohicans - When Hawkeye leads Cora away to a secluded spot within Fort William Henry. Mmm... Daniel Day-Lewis was HAWT in that movie! Of course I think he is pretty hot anyway. :)

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
On Angel, at the end of the episode "Smile Time." Fred is trying to be all flirty and obvious with Wes, who just isn't getting it, so she says, "Screw it," and plants one on him.