PDA

View Full Version : You know I'm gonna ask you guys ...

Susie
08-30-2008, 07:08 PM
Whatcha gonna do for Labor Day weekend? Me and Mr. Susie will prolly just grill some burgers. Yum. :) Have a happy and safe holiday weekend. :Cake:

Kitrianna
08-30-2008, 07:09 PM
Absofreakinlutely nothing. Thank God! I need some of that :)

Don
08-30-2008, 07:34 PM
We'll mosey down to the other end of the campground later today, take the dog for a swim in the lake, maybe go for a boat ride, and visit our friends, who are weekenders. We'll cook breakfast for 10 around noon, then have some burgers around the campfire tonite. Rinse and repeat for the rest of the weekend.

We won't do any driving, since it gets crowded out there on the holidays. Monday we'll wave bye-bye as everybody goes back to the rat race, then take a nice walk in the woods to decompress from all the activity of the weekend.

ChaosTitan
08-30-2008, 07:36 PM
Working, mostly. Now that I'm back on the Eastern Shore, it's suicide to try and go anywhere. I'd be fighting with a bazillion tourists all vying for the same spot on the boardwalk.

JLCwrites
08-30-2008, 07:43 PM
Remodeling. More Remodeling... (sigh)

Tink
08-30-2008, 07:50 PM
I will prolly be posting and reading posts right here at the AW.

Serenity
08-30-2008, 08:00 PM
Well, now that I live 15 minutes from Ocean City....

I'm staying the hell off the roads. :D

Perks
08-30-2008, 08:12 PM
Blueberry picking, lots of Dr. Who, a block party, waterskiing, and probably some ibuprofen.

I will probably have a beer at some point.

regdog
08-30-2008, 09:07 PM
Not too much just do some Beta reading

stormie
08-30-2008, 09:48 PM
Beach, reading, beach, reading, beach, reading. Food and drink figure in somewhere. :Sun:

Ol' Fashioned Girl
08-30-2008, 10:04 PM
This evening, Ol' Boy and I are meeting and greeting some other AWers at a greasy spoon here in OKC. :) The rest of the weekend, he's got duty so we'll be keeping a low profile.

Woodsie
08-30-2008, 10:10 PM
I plan to clean up my garden, winterize my lawn, and deep clean my house. That's the plan, however, my past behavior indicates that I will do no such thing. I will most likely spend an embarrassing amount of time on the computer, write something that I will throw away and keep up with the dishes just to make myself feel better.

C A Winters
08-30-2008, 10:11 PM
Write. . .

Maryn
08-30-2008, 10:17 PM
We're doing some garage and basement cleaning (what fun, huh?) today, but tomorrow we're going to the New York State Fair, which is some of the greatest people-watching imaginable. The animals are also way cool.

Maryn, who's rarely around farm stock except at the fair and the meat counter

Disa
08-30-2008, 10:40 PM
I plan to clean up my garden, winterize my lawn, and deep clean my house. That's the plan, however, my past behavior indicates that I will do no such thing. I will most likely spend an embarrassing amount of time on the computer, write something that I will throw away and keep up with the dishes just to make myself feel better.

This is exactly what I've done! Plan and all! I did do a few loads of laundry, however :)

Grrarrgh
08-30-2008, 11:14 PM
Well, so far I've managed to put in an impressive (for me) amount of video game playing. Some Resident Evil 4 and some Lego Star Wars. Now I'm cruising the AW forum, later I'll write and read. I predict that tomorrow and Monday will look a lot like this. It's a perfect weekend.

Siddow
08-30-2008, 11:57 PM
I volunteered to work the booth for my writer's club at the Decatur Book Festival on Sunday. After my shift is over, I'll stroll around, attend some panel discussions, see what kind of free reading material I can score.

Today, I'm re-doing my master closet. New shelves, new rods, fresh paint, clothing purge...

Monday, I'm gonna snuggle with my honey as much as humanly possible.

Marian Perera
08-31-2008, 12:04 AM
When it comes to long holidays, I always have good intentions, viz. cleaning the apartment and cooking quantities of cheap nutritious food that I will freeze in little containers and eat throughout the next week.

I'm pretty sure I'll end up writing a lot, though.

maestrowork
08-31-2008, 12:41 AM
Take a really long nap.

HeronW
08-31-2008, 12:43 AM
yeah, what Kit said :}

Seaclusion
08-31-2008, 12:58 AM
Go to the parents place and BBQ something.

Richard

Ken
08-31-2008, 01:04 AM
relative gathering. Will be seeing new nephews :-)

joyce
08-31-2008, 01:04 AM
Today I worked around the house all day. Tomorrow I hope to relax and BBQ some ribs. Monday I've got to work.

Susie
08-31-2008, 01:34 AM
Sounds like good times & good eats. :D Have fun and stay safe, y'all.

MoonWriter
08-31-2008, 03:28 AM
We'll be loading up our 2 dogs and 4 cats for a ten-hour drive to my brother's house in Corpus Christi - far away from New Orleans and Gustav. It doesn't get any better than that.

rhymegirl
08-31-2008, 03:30 AM
I have no plans.

Susie
08-31-2008, 03:56 AM
Be well and stay safe, Moon.

Pat~
08-31-2008, 04:01 AM
Cleaning up the place, baking some goodies, and then having family and friends over here Monday for a swim-and-sweets-fest. And thoroughly enjoying the few remaining days we have left visiting with our son (home from college).

Matera the Mad
08-31-2008, 05:08 AM
sleep
wash dishes (done!!!!!!)
sleep
sleep
process and freeze some veg
sleep
sleep
water the garden at JAK's Place (http://www.jaks-place.com/) (where I work)
sleep
sleep
do some laundry
sleep
sleep
sleep
sleep
sleep
sleep

and in between eat anything that gets in my way

maybe read some, write some, edit some, play with Excel a bit...

sleep
sleep
sleep
sleep
sleep

and work on a godawrful big website project

TerzaRima
08-31-2008, 06:04 AM
Reading. Going to a birthday party at (groan) Chuck E. Cheese. Walking dogs at the animal shelter. Turning 30 pounds of farmer's market tomatoes into pasta sauce.

Gravity
08-31-2008, 06:50 AM
8AM Have breakfast with Signourney Weaver (just because)

10AM Shoot some hoops with Brad Pitt (he's not as good at it as he thinks)

Noonish Lunch with Neil Gaiman (the guy's been after me for weeks to vet his latest work; maybe this'll shut him up)

3 PM Mid-afternoon snack with Peter Frampton (I think I've finally convinced him to knock off that "talking guitar" stuff; enough already)

6 PM Light supper with Elvis (fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches, natch; plus he wants some help on hiding him again)

10 PM Meet the contingent from the first-contact mothership in the field behind my house (they've been studying us, and I understand have a real jones for Dove bars; I'll need to pack plenty)

Yeah, it'll be a full day.

Susie
08-31-2008, 07:15 AM
Gravity, mind if me and Mr. Susie drop by for a taste of the Dove bars? :) Luv your itinerary. :)

Lyra Jean
08-31-2008, 08:00 AM
work and homework. Boundball.

Boundball = volleyball played on a tennis court using a kickball. Team has three hits to get ball back over the net and one bounce is allowed between each hit for a total of three bounces.

ZannaPerry
08-31-2008, 11:32 AM
Hi Susie!

My family and I are going to cook out for the holiday. EXCITING! I love being with my family.

WildScribe
08-31-2008, 12:33 PM
Roleplaying game until... uh... so far it's 1:30 AM here, but we're still going strong. And then family time.

nighttimer
08-31-2008, 02:07 PM
I'll be getting off work so the morning will be spent catching some sleep.

By the afternoon I'll probably update my my blog, review how well or poorly I did in my league's fantasy football draft held Sunday afternoon, then I'll probably slap my wife on the butt, insult my kids and just generally be a jerk for about 15 minutes or so.

Then, I'll just improvise. I don't like to micromanage my holidays.

:gone:

GeorgieB
08-31-2008, 03:06 PM
My wife and I are now sitting in our cottage on the Maine coast, watching the sunrise. I'm supposed to be working on my WIP (yeah, right!) while she updates her blog and website.

We'll drive north to Camden and look at the schooners (sp?) and other sail boats, eat lunch there, return to the cottage where I'll whip up some oyster stew ... and then?

Life is tough when you're retired and still taking vacations.