Those low self-esteem days.

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
Do you ever have those days where everything you put on looks awful, your hair seems a mess beyond repair, you feel like you've gained 40 extra pounds and you wish you could just go back to bed?

I am having one of those days today. It really sucks but, I refuse to drag my husband into my misery. I promise not to ask him any loaded questions such as, "Honey, do I look fat to you?"

Argh, I don't want to feel lousy today. Last night, I could tell this was coming on. I could tell because my sense of motivation began to diminish and I began asking myself, "What's the point?" My answer to that question was, "There is no point. It's pointless." That question was not about living life. It was about my profession.

I give myself now and until 8AM to change my mindset. No one in my home is awake yet so that gives me some time. Emotions can be a real drag.

I will set a standard for myself on this day. That standard is that I will feel this because I can not force the feeling to go away but, I refuse to allow it to ruin my day!

Thanks for allowing me to make this post. If any of you are having a lousy day and you want to set a similar standard for yourself on this day, please do. Make it known in this thread and remember that there is power in numbers. You won't have to go it alone. We will have a great day!

Sincerely,
Gehanna

Last edited:

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
I began asking myself, "What's the point?" My answer to that question was, "There is no point. It's pointless."

This is pretty much how I get when I 'crash and burn' after a manic phase. I'm useless, every word I type is crap, everyone would be better off if I weren't here.....yada yada

The best way to get through it ( for me) is tell myself it won't last long as my depressive phases normally only last a few days. I will feel better - I have to be very stern with myself. Then ask the Old Man for a big old hug.

Here you can have a free hug on me too
pophugbyzappe1ak.gif

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
I'm over it. I went to Walmart. Watching how people behave there is very therapeutic for me. The other thing I did was to purchase this toilet cleaner called KABOOM Bowl Blaster. The #1 Foaming Toilet Cleaner. Yeah ok, this could be interesting, I thought. For use without a scrubbing brush, the directions say to use 1 capful. *evil grin*

Oh! my bad! I thought it said 1 cupful. *smirk* That was fun. :D It's all good. Got my floor cleaned to. That's being efficient, isn't it?

Sincerely,
Gehanna

czjaba

dreaming of the day...
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I think we all get bad days. Mine come around the same time as the bills. Then get worse on the actual bill paying day. Most of my friends and my Hubby generally try not to talk to me too much on those days. But the thing I keep asking myself is, "what has changed from yesterday until today?" Usually, I find that nothing has changed except my attitude. So, I've tried to change it around in my mind. I try to look at it like this: Well, I don't have much, but what I have is mine and I don't 'owe' anything either (at least not for another 30 days.)
Every month, I go through this same scenario, giving myself these pep talks. And gradually, it is getting better. :D

Clair Dickson

A dark core to every cloud
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bofexler.blogspot.com
We all get down-- you found one great answer-- do something that you enjoy. Laughter truly is a great medicine. Even forcing it, faking it can help. Seriously. When I'm down, I'll go look for something fun to do. Even if I don't "feel" like it (because I feel like moping in my self-misery) I know that I'll enjoy it.

Have fun. Laugh. Do something you enjoy.

(Of course, I'm also known to tying the hair into a couple braids and hopping on the treadmill for a while. Hair, fine. Calories/ weight burned. Problem: solved. =)