Three in one day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ymmatrysk

Registered
Reaction score
Semi-lurker here, but I just had to vent...three rejections in one day! One postcard, one pink insert into my very own query letter, and one hand-written 'no thanks' on my query as well, with a stamp to tell me who exactly had just told me no. I've been trying to handle all the expected rejection with grace and aplomb, but JEEEZZZ...its like they called each other the night before or something! I think I need to back off for a little while, not surrender (never surrender!) but just give myself some breathing space. Only one other agent has a partial right now, so if she says no too, that's it for a little while. I've got some wound-licking to do. Whine. Whine.

Thanks for a place to vent!

Jen

zeprosnepsid

Registered
Reaction score
I hate getting them all together. I should pay someone at the post office to hold the rejections so I get exactly one a week so it's easier to deal with it.

I also hate when they hand write. How hard is to send you the pre-printed rejection?

Sorry dude, that's some tough stuff. But just eat some ice cream and send out some more. Good luck!

awatkins

Not harboring illegal parrot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Aw, I'm sorry, Jen. That's tough. :Hug2:

Take a little time for that breathing space you mentioned. Then get those manuscripts back in circulation! :)

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
Ick.

Jen, I'm really sorry to hear about that. It sometimes feels like a giant conspiracy, no?

Personally, I'm of the mindset that we're allowed one chocolate bar per rejection. So, in your case, grab yourself a king-size Snickers and go to town! Remember: calories, carbs and fat don't count!

If it helps offset anything, today I got two rejections -- one a personalized rejection from an agent on a partial, the other a form rejection on a short story -- form letter, complete with the "I may have rejected you for one of the following reasons" list -- not even 12 hours after I subbed.

Today's just a poopy day, I guess. So tomorrow will be better. :D

Celeste

Banned
Reaction score
Ooooh! Dontcha' hate that!

That happened to me last summer. Three in one friggin' day! Two letters and one e-mail. Argh! Sorry to hear you had a bad one. ;)

Originally posted by ymmatrysk
I think I need to back off for a little while, not surrender (never surrender!) but just give myself some breathing space.

No! NEVER SURRENDER! Not even for a minute! You send them back out there and go get 'em, girl! You gotta' stay stubborn. Don't let 'em get the best of ya', or get you discouraged. No wound licking! Start licking some stamps/envelopes and get it back out there!

It is heartbreaking, I know, but you just have to stay strong and go get it, not give up! :guns:

celeste

stace001

Look into my eyes
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, yuck!

I'm with dragonjax....bring on the chocolate. Once for each rejection sounds like a fair deal. As for three in one day...want me to make you feel better? I've had five.:cry: But I swallowed my disappointment, (and a large amount of chocolate) and soldiered on. (me and an ass the size of china;) )

ymmatrysk

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks!

Ah thanks, for letting me vent and the chocolate (and I find popcorn does the job too!), and really just to everyone here. I know its been said all over the place but thank goodness for this forum. Good wishes all around!
Jen

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
Send on the chocolate! One for each rejection. I like to think what goes around, comes around, so...there will be a day when you get three acceptances. Keep on sending them out!
3.gif

thistle

Hipster Doofus
Registered
Reaction score
Have you checked out Julie's thread about sending herself acceptance letters? The theory is that these letters will act as a magnet for other positive letters.

Out of all the things that will do no good, that's one of the best. The other one is a nice glass of wine... :Thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.