PDA

View Full Version : I have discovered

Perks
08-29-2008, 07:41 PM
that the only sensory thing comparable to the ache of love gone tepid, is the disappointment of a mediocre peach.

I had such high hopes.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
08-29-2008, 07:46 PM
I'll go one better, Perks... the ache of longing when one sees a firm, red, ripe, beautiful, picture-perfect tomato...

... and it tastes like cardboard. Or worse.

BLECH!

Perks
08-29-2008, 07:47 PM
I love that you people understand me.

Perks
08-29-2008, 07:53 PM
And blueberries that give you that come-hither indigo glow and then taste of mildew.

maestrowork
08-29-2008, 07:56 PM
Peaches? Ack.

Give me a nice, firm, juicy guava.

Priene
08-29-2008, 07:59 PM
Life's a peach and then you cry.

Pagey's_Girl
08-29-2008, 08:06 PM
I'll go one better, Perks... the ache of longing when one sees a firm, red, ripe, beautiful, picture-perfect tomato...

BLECH!

That pretty much sums up my adventures in gardening this year.

Stew21
08-29-2008, 08:21 PM

BLECH!

Have you been sneaking around my garden?

The last tomato I picked had a worm in it. :cry:

JLCwrites
08-29-2008, 08:23 PM
I feel your pain Perks. We can commiserate with this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19McuaPKjI8).

regdog
08-29-2008, 08:27 PM
Or a plum that looks perfect has that nice plum smell and then you bite it and it's so bitter your whole face puckers

P.H.Delarran
08-29-2008, 08:40 PM
... or steaming a big fat lovely artichoke and then discovering a fat bug secretly hibernating deep inside.

regdog
08-29-2008, 08:44 PM
... or steaming a big fat lovely artichoke and then discovering a fat bug secretly hibernating deep inside.

Or baking a big fat potato, cutting it open and seeing what looks like a slug baked into your nice big potato. Eeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

jst5150
08-29-2008, 08:49 PM
Or believing you're about to munch down on a strawberry Pop Tart ...

... only to discover it's a freaking CHERRY Pop Tart.

Gehanna
08-29-2008, 09:18 PM
This thread is depressing. Eat more meat. :tongue

Love,
Gehanna

CaroGirl
08-29-2008, 09:21 PM
Peaches and cream?

How about discovering you're allergic to a nice fresh peach and can never eat one again, mealy or otherwise? Now that's true sadness.

Kitrianna
08-29-2008, 09:25 PM
Or a strawberry that looks so beautiful, smells so exquist...and tastes of nothing! Or worse, tastes bitter. Oh I long for the days of the freshly plucked strawberry- sweet, juicy and delicious. Alone or covered in whipped cream (freshly whipped of course)

Soccer Mom
08-29-2008, 09:26 PM
Sadness is unwrapping the chocolate to discover that it is a beige reconstruction of previously melted goodness. :e2cry:

Ol' Fashioned Girl
08-29-2008, 09:29 PM
Or that someone's checked it already to see if it's 'nut' or 'cream' filled. :(

Pagey's_Girl
08-29-2008, 09:31 PM
Or that scrumptious-looking chcoclate-chip cookie - is in fact a raisin cookie. :(

Gehanna
08-29-2008, 09:32 PM
I have wild blackberries galore on my property but, my heart longs for gooseberries. I feel so shallow.

Gehanna

shakeysix
08-29-2008, 09:35 PM
those icky brown fibrous spots inside an avocado--what the eff are they?---s6

regdog
08-29-2008, 09:54 PM
Peaches and cream?

How about discovering you're allergic to a nice fresh peach and can never eat one again, mealy or otherwise? Now that's true sadness.

I feel your pain. I was the biggest pasta and bread fiend that ever walked. I would eat paste for at least one meal sometimes two meals a day and breads with every meal. Loved french or italian bread, english muffins, croisants etc.

Would cook linguine with clam sauce, garlic bread stuffed mushrooms and bowties with mozerella and garlic bread and stuffed mushrooms every week.

Always had tummy troubles. Turns out I have celiac disease no more wheat of any kind.

Every eat rice pasta or rice bread??????? Here's a word; vomitrocous.:e2cry::e2bummed:

Kitrianna
08-29-2008, 09:57 PM
Both your pain. Ever try to avoid anything adn I stress everything that contains eggs? I did for a year and a half. It seems to be a recurring problem. I eat the little buggers when I can and when they make me sick I stop again.

C.bronco
08-30-2008, 05:20 AM
that the only sensory thing comparable to the ache of love gone tepid, is the disappointment of a mediocre peach.

I had such high hopes.
I thought it was filing taxes, followed by faculty meetings.

Perks
08-30-2008, 06:05 AM
I thought it was filing taxes, followed by faculty meetings.
No, those things just suck. No poingnancy, just soul-crushing despair.

rhymegirl
08-30-2008, 06:20 AM
I used to draw faces on banana peels for my kids. Good way to get them to eat fruit.

Susie
08-30-2008, 09:55 AM
Dang, Perks. I feel your fruited pain, too. Here's :Cake: (((((HUGS)))))

Ciera_
08-30-2008, 10:15 AM
Or that scrumptious-looking chcoclate-chip cookie - is in fact a raisin cookie. :(

this, I could relate to PERFECTLY

Just today, I bit into a beautiful, firm, red apple (which was just perfectly lopsided so as to make it look even more delicious) and inside it was a light brownish colour! all over! It tastes fine, though. So I said 'screw it' and continued to eat it for several more bites, until the wrongness of colour made me give up and go get a new apple. it was sour >.<

My grandpa has Celiac disease =( it's just a horrible, horrible thing. I'm currently amid deliberations over whether to add it to my list of things that are pure evil (It's a VERY prestigious list. Not just any irksome thing ends up on it, only the real banes-of-my-weeks.)

Anyway, interesting thread topic! I'd give this some sort of award for most original topic I've seen...at least in the last 24 hours.
^^Ciera

RLB
08-30-2008, 10:55 AM
From today's lunch: crumbling soft goat cheese onto your salad, only to discover it'd curdled in your fridge. Blech.

I have been having good luck with plums lately though.

robeiae
08-30-2008, 03:43 PM
I love that you people understand me.
Without a doubt, that's the most disturbing aspect of this discussion.

I don't like kiwis that cheat on me. When there's a fruit salad with a sliced up kiwi and I have a piece, I want the rest. But invariably, the kiwi pleasures someone else.

Angelinity
08-30-2008, 04:01 PM
Peaches? Ack.

Give me a nice, firm, juicy guava.

guava is a fruit i just don't get. i think it's an alien.

Dawnstorm
08-30-2008, 04:06 PM
Sadness is unwrapping the chocolate to discover that it is a beige reconstruction of previously melted goodness. :e2cry:

Ah, but you should be able to feel that before unwrapping. If the chocolate yields easily, squeeze and push to your hearts content. Then put it in the fridge and wait. Voila. Abstract chocolate art. Nothing tastes better. :D

NeuroFizz
08-30-2008, 05:15 PM
...or that beautiful, fuzzy peach, oozing of ripeness and flavor, giving you the come hither blush of lusty yielding sweetness, then have it rush off to someone else's mouth, dripping its juices onto someone else'e chin...

gotta run.

i spy
08-30-2008, 10:36 PM
i can't believe no one's mentioned grapes.

Yeshanu
08-31-2008, 03:34 AM
Or a strawberry that looks so beautiful, smells so exquist...and tastes of nothing! Or worse, tastes bitter. Oh I long for the days of the freshly plucked strawberry- sweet, juicy and delicious. Alone or covered in whipped cream (freshly whipped of course)

Of course, Kit and I are talking Ontario strawberries here. The ones we get from California are so big and beautiful, and they taste like cardboard. Best is when they go straight from plant to mouth!

Yeshanu
08-31-2008, 03:35 AM
i can't believe no one's mentioned grapes.

Oooh! The fresh Concord grapes should be in the markets soon! Can't wait! :D

Unique
08-31-2008, 02:09 PM
I have discovered - nay, noticed, that once again Perks is channeling Haskins.

No Tea for the Tillerman. :(