PDA

View Full Version : Please submit all AW Mod applications here

Fenika
08-28-2008, 06:09 AM
I got this idea from Ferret, but he gets no further credit :-p

We here at AW have over 200 mods (on paper anyways). To join the lofty ranks and be allowed to teleport threads on a whim, ban trolls, and be otherwise omnipotent, please post a brief essay on why you'd make a good mod.

Please include skills, the best thread you've started, and any relevant information.

Don't forget to explain away those little strikes against you, like the fact that you don't yet have 100 posts, or your super thread killing abilities, or the missed opportunities to glorify the mods.

I'd go first, but I just need a laugh. Ya'll can warm up the stage for me.

Cheers,
Christina

Seaclusion
08-28-2008, 06:17 AM
I should be a mod because not one of my posts have had any redeeming quality. I have insulted, cajoled, belittled, flirted with, and offended every poster here on AW. In addition I have actively tried to derail every thread I could get my hands on. I've even insulted, argued with and downright been nasty to almost every Mod that has had the unfortunate luck to come my way. If there was ever anyone who had the qualifications to be a Mod, that would be me. It would certainly be better than letting me run around free.

Richard

Shadow_Ferret
08-28-2008, 06:21 AM
I got this idea from Ferret, but he gets no further credit :-p

Sure. Make public my modship rejection embarrassment.

Well, I refuse to publicly humiliate myself in that regard any longer.

Although I do believe my current crusade to eliminate all LOLCatz from the boards should be taken into consideration.

No, no! I refuse to grovel any longer.

Although I am a supermod at a Packers forum and ran my own forum on ezboard, which is where I originally joined AW.

But, no! Dammit. I am not your whipping boy any longer.

And I did promise Mac a manicure.

Grr!

Seaclusion
08-28-2008, 06:23 AM
Damn, I forgot about the manicure.

Richard

Beach Bunny
08-28-2008, 06:31 AM
Ferret, If you didn't WANT to be a mod, they would have been begging you to become one about five thousand posts ago. :tongue

For my part: Been there. Done that. I'd rather be a pain in the neck. :D

Matera the Mad
08-28-2008, 06:44 AM
It is my ultimate and highest goal to serve my country as an AW mod.

As a mod, I will be alert and active (except when napping or writing or earning a living). I will assiduously scan my allotted forum for off-topic threads started by lost newbies, and scare their little asses off by moving their threads in mid-post.

I promise to be super-cool and diplomatic whenever I am not in a rotten mood (that's about 5 minutes per day).

Any and all misspelled thread subjects will be corrected IMfsckingMEDIATELY. Repeat offenders will have their avatars changed to naked mole rats.

All this and more. Mod me! YESH!

BenPanced
08-28-2008, 06:48 AM
You know, I'm not here about saving the world or befriending children or helping endanger the once-mighty CAMELEOPARD!, but I can guarantee this one thing: I make fantastic meatloaf and gravy.

Jo
08-28-2008, 06:54 AM
Aussies don't make good mods (Poet is a ring-in). We're too laid back and enjoy a bit too much fun. So, count me out. :tongue

Serenity
08-28-2008, 07:02 AM
Aussie's don't make good mods (Poet is a ring-in). We're too laid back and enjoy a bit too much fun. So, count me out. :tongue

That and you've got the creepy little bug-thingy crawling around wherever you go... :D

I'd be a mod, but I use too many ... and too many !!! for many around here. I'll let y'all drive my roommate crazy instead.

:wag:

Matera the Mad
08-28-2008, 07:23 AM
t-y, b :)

It's not the bug-thingy that gets me, it's the apostrophleas :tongue

C A Winters
08-28-2008, 07:24 AM
Count me out, I'm too new and not "snarky" enough. :popcorn:

kristie911
08-28-2008, 07:28 AM
I just want the jackboots without the awesome power that comes with them.

I would rock the jackboots. ;)

Rolling Thunder
08-28-2008, 07:29 AM
The fast track to becoming a Mod is to report all of Dawno's posts.

Fenika
08-28-2008, 07:30 AM
Sure. Make public my modship rejection embarrassment.

That was all you :tongue

Ya know, if I were made Mod, I'd do the board a valuable service by merging threads until no one knew what was going on where.

Fenika
08-28-2008, 07:32 AM

Dawno deleted one of my smart arse well thought out posts.

Now that that's outta the way, I can send in my Mod resume. :Sun:

Inky
08-28-2008, 07:32 AM
I would be the mod of crude, rude, and socially unacceptable.
I would NOT be laughing too hard to hit the red button.
Would not.
Would too.
Would not.
Would too.

Ignore secondary voice. She's a bitch.

Skank.
Tramp.
Word whore.
Blonde.
*gasp* .....s'cuse me while I go perform an exorcism...

Neurotic
08-28-2008, 07:42 AM
Seconding what Jo said, except about me this time. I'm not Australian by birth but I've been here long enough now that I've more or less assimilated. I'd make a terrible mod. If I did bother with moddish duties it'd only be for my own sick amusement. Count me well out.

Not that my super-high post count puts me in the running anyway. :)

maxmordon
08-28-2008, 08:01 AM
I would love to be one, but I don't feel I am prepared yet

Jersey Chick
08-28-2008, 08:15 AM
Why I would make a good mod -

I should be a mod because I can tell people to go to hell in a way that makes them look forward to the trip. :D

And when I tell them to go to hell, I do it in a way that has never earned me so much as a warning from any mod.

I have a steady supply of lighters, which I give out freely for any and all AWers who wish to set their hair on fire.

I have a gun in my avatar :D

Why I would NOT make a good mod -

The power might go to my head, resulting in my banning anyone and everyone - which would make AW a REAL boring place

I would sometimes let trolls go on and on - "give 'em enough rope and eventually they'll hang themselves" is my motto

I have a gun in my avatar

Jo
08-28-2008, 08:22 AM
That and you've got the creepy little bug-thingy crawling around wherever you go... :D

Bugger, on the other hand, would make a good mod. He's annoying and runs in circles, um, eights, all the time. He knows how to infiltrate the masses, and he eats apostrophleas for breakfast. Can you imagine the pitter patter pitter patter pitter patter pitter patter pitter patter pitter patter of teeny weeny jackboots chasing after Haggis?

Medievalist
08-28-2008, 08:32 AM

Who the hell is Dawno?

I came here for Orlando Bloom . . . .

Beach Bunny
08-28-2008, 08:35 AM
Why I would make a good mod -

I should be a mod because I can tell people to go to hell in a way that makes them look forward to the trip. :D

And when I tell them to go to hell, I do it in a way that has never earned me so much as a warning from any mod.

Oh, you would make a good mod. :Thumbs: When I tell someone to go to hell, I get blood all over the thread and then someone has to come in and collect the body and clean up the mess. :D

Williebee
08-28-2008, 08:41 AM
Are you people stoned?
Why would anyone want to be a mod?

"Phenomenal cosmic power, itty bitty living space"
ring any bells?

Jersey Chick
08-28-2008, 09:10 AM
I'm small - I don't need a lot of living space ;)

Priene
08-28-2008, 10:12 AM
I should be a mod because:

I'm neurotic, dyspepsic, prone to self-pity, don't much care for adverbs, have a slow-burning loathing for kittehs, need other people's love to validate my existence and can swear in six languages.

I'm also a grizzled veteran of the '96-'98 Norwich/Ipswich flame wars. Psychiatrists are still taking bookings about that one.

Medievalist
08-28-2008, 10:33 AM
What does this word means? Submit ????

You do know that no one "applies," or "volunteers," right?

I mean one day, you're innocently posting, and then the next thing you know there's these new weird buttons, and they just appear, and no one asked or told you anything, and these buttons, they do stuff . . .

That blonde chick, the one with the boots and tassels, and all? MacCannister?

Don't mess with her dude, no, really.

She has a press gang.

EriRae
08-28-2008, 11:06 AM
Because Mac and co. want to make me suffer. :D

ETA: I haven't done anything to warrant that, you say? Well then it's something I'll do in the future.

Inky
08-28-2008, 11:55 AM
Seconding what Jo said, except about me this time. I'm not Australian by birth but I've been here long enough now that I've more or less assimilated. I'd make a terrible mod. If I did bother with moddish duties it'd only be for my own sick amusement. Count me well out.

Not that my super-high post count puts me in the running anyway. :)

This would simply make you Rolling Thunder Jr.

or

Haggis' sidekick...

Neurotic
08-28-2008, 12:18 PM
Oh really? I could use my powers for evil? In that case, where do I sign up?

Inky
08-28-2008, 02:52 PM
PM MacAllister. But, BUT, you MUST send her 12 PM's. Why?
1) Makes her feel special to receive so many
2) She has too much time on her hands
3) Shows sincerity
4) Shows determination
5) Qualifies you in the behind-the-scenes Butt Shark competition
6) Will give the rest of us a good laugh

After that, you should receive a PM from Rolling Thunder. He's always trolling for an evil sidekick.

*theme music from JAWS commences*

sheadakota
08-28-2008, 03:37 PM
Why should I be a mod?

Well- duh- I am a mother- I am used to keeping ill-mannered children in line. This would be a piece of cake:tongue

Ol' Fashioned Girl
08-28-2008, 03:41 PM
I have insulted, cajoled, belittled, flirted with, and offended every poster here on AW. In addition I have actively tried to derail every thread I could get my hands on. I've even insulted, argued with and downright been nasty to almost every Mod that has had the unfortunate luck to come my way.

You must've missed me... was I in the bathroom? On vacation? Not cute enough? Not mean enough? What? WHAT?!?

For my part: Been there. Done that. I'd rather be a pain in the neck. :D

Well... that is easier... :D But it's possible to be both.

It is my ultimate and highest goal to serve my country as an AW mod.

As a mod, I will be alert and active (except when napping or writing or earning a living). I will assiduously scan my allotted forum for off-topic threads started by lost newbies, and scare their little asses off by moving their threads in mid-post.

I promise to be super-cool and diplomatic whenever I am not in a rotten mood (that's about 5 minutes per day).

Any and all misspelled thread subjects will be corrected IMfsckingMEDIATELY. Repeat offenders will have their avatars changed to naked mole rats.

All this and more. Mod me! YESH!

Could we use this for the new Job Description Handbook?

You know, I'm not here about saving the world or befriending children or helping endanger the once-mighty CAMELEOPARD!, but I can guarantee this one thing: I make fantastic meatloaf and gravy.

Oooo! Gravy! I'll put in a good word for you with Mac...

I just want the jackboots without the awesome power that comes with them.

I would rock the jackboots. ;)

They pinch, you know. Occasionally. But they look reeeeealy cool... especially when Haggis gets through licking them.

Ya know, if I were made Mod, I'd do the board a valuable service by merging threads until no one knew what was going on where.

Somehow, that's been done without much merging.

I should be a mod because:

I'm neurotic, dyspepsic, prone to self-pity, don't much care for adverbs, have a slow-burning loathing for kittehs, need other people's love to validate my existence and can swear in six languages.

I'm also a grizzled veteran of the '96-'98 Norwich/Ipswich flame wars. Psychiatrists are still taking bookings about that one.

You have a for sure and certain disqualification in there. Can you pick out what it is?

What does this word means? Submit ????

You do know that no one "applies," or "volunteers," right?

I mean one day, you're innocently posting, and then the next thing you know there's these new weird buttons, and they just appear, and no one asked or told you anything, and these buttons, they do stuff . . .

That blonde chick, the one with the boots and tassels, and all? MacCannister?

Don't mess with her dude, no, really.

She has a press gang.

What she said. Yea and verily. Gospel.

Neurotic
08-28-2008, 03:57 PM
PM MacAllister. But, BUT, you MUST send her 12 PM's. Why?
1) Makes her feel special to receive so many
2) She has too much time on her hands
3) Shows sincerity
4) Shows determination
5) Qualifies you in the behind-the-scenes Butt Shark competition
6) Will give the rest of us a good laugh

After that, you should receive a PM from Rolling Thunder. He's always trolling for an evil sidekick.

*theme music from JAWS commences*

That's only half a list. If I have to send 12 PMs there should be 12 reasons. But I'll get to work on the first six on the assumption this list was just a down payment.

DeleyanLee
08-28-2008, 04:05 PM
I'm small - I don't need a lot of living space ;)

I think you need the bigger place for your gun, JC.

Shadow_Ferret
08-28-2008, 05:33 PM
Are you people stoned?
Why would anyone want to be a mod?

"Phenomenal cosmic power, itty bitty living space"
ring any bells?
Smaller than what I live in now?

http://www.rud.dk/ferrets/jpegs/howto/main-cage.jpg

Jersey Chick
08-28-2008, 06:02 PM
I think you need the bigger place for your gun, JC.

Hmm... maybe. Or I could get one of those rocket-launcher type guns that breaks down into about a zillion pieces! :D

Another reason I should be a mod - I think quick on my feet and have an answer for (almost) everything! ;)

Shadow_Ferret
08-28-2008, 06:04 PM
Another reason I should be a mod - I think quick on my feet and have an answer for (almost) everything! ;)You realize you don't need those qualities, right? They have a Handbook that lists standard responses to nearly every situation.

JoeEkaitis
08-28-2008, 07:23 PM
I make a killer Red Beans and Rice with Andouille-spiced chicken sausage from Trader Joe's.

Jersey Chick
08-28-2008, 07:55 PM
You realize you don't need those qualities, right? They have a Handbook that lists standard responses to nearly every situation.
But mine will make you stop and go, "hmmmm....." ;)

Ageless Stranger
08-28-2008, 08:29 PM
I should be a mod because I have no technological knowledge at all, and this could be the very first website to actually descend in actual burning flames. Think of the publicity!

Shadow_Ferret
08-28-2008, 08:30 PM
Ferret loved KTC until KTC called Ferret miserable. Now ferret not only does not love KTC, but he is plotting a heinous accident to befall KTC expecially because KTC has somehow made Ferret start posting in the 3rd person.

Mr Flibble
08-28-2008, 08:35 PM
Me, cos I'm sodding great ( and modest with it)

Plus, my avatar already has a ban stick. With nails in.

Tink
08-28-2008, 08:52 PM
AW Mod Application Form

Name:__________________________________(user name only)
Age:_______ (needed for maturity level ratings. Men- no need to list your age here as it will not help in rating your level of maturity. :D )
Birthdate:___-____-______ (just to see if your telling the truth about your age)
Current Occupation:_________________________(writer's need not apply)
Experience:_______________________________________ _________
__________________________________________________ _________
____________(please note- do not list any X-rated experiences here You may pm me with those details later..) :D
Personal References:_______________________________________ ___
__________________________________(note- this does not include yourself)

Priene
08-28-2008, 09:04 PM
KTC's not a mod?

Rolling Thunder
08-28-2008, 09:07 PM
KTC's not a mod?

No. Mac only accepts loosers to be Mods.

Um...wait a second...

Priene
08-28-2008, 09:09 PM
But Haggis is a mod. Haggis. Not KTC. Doesn't compute.

Pagey's_Girl
08-28-2008, 09:17 PM
I make a killer Red Beans and Rice with Andouille-spiced chicken sausage from Trader Joe's.

What time should we be over for dinner? I'll bring the wine...

Fenika
08-28-2008, 09:33 PM

Ah, the mods say that all cooking trials be held at my house. Please fly in by Tuesday and endure my judgment.

Pagey's_Girl
08-28-2008, 09:51 PM
AW Mod Application Form

Name: Pagey's Girl, aka Pagey
Birthdate: I am not at liberty to discuss this, as it would compromise the security of our agents working in the field.
Current Occupation: Office Goddess
Experience:
- Eleven years of training managers to do my bidding
- Herding IT Techs, which makes herding cats look like a walk in the park
- Makes a mean chocolate marble cheesecake
- Can tie a cherry stem in a knot*
Personal References:
Available upon request

*with my fingers. Why, what were you thinking?

Shadow_Ferret
08-28-2008, 10:02 PM
KTC's not a mod?
And let's thank all that's holy!

I nearly had an anuerism when I thought they'd made Spooky a mod.

KTC? That would put me right over the edge. I'd flounce faster than you could say, omgtheymadektcamod!

Fenika
08-28-2008, 10:20 PM
- Makes a mean chocolate marble cheesecake

Please fly in for taste trials. Only fresh samples are accepted, so no mailing your submission. ktnx

JLCwrites
08-28-2008, 10:25 PM
I should be a mod because nobody fills up this forum with useless posts faster than I do.

Susie
08-28-2008, 10:26 PM
I'm not well enough to be a mod, but I do luv it when they ply me with chocolate to keep a secret. :D

JLCwrites
08-28-2008, 10:32 PM
I'm not well enough to be a mod, but I do luv it when they ply me with chocolate to keep a secret. :DWhich reminds me Susie.... I just Fed-Ex'd you that chocolate statue of Orlando Bloom. Thanks for keeping my secret.. well, secret. :)

Inky
08-28-2008, 10:55 PM
No. Mac only accepts loosers to be Mods.

Um...wait a second...
Mmm'kay, and being that you're a SUPER mod...????

Ol' Fashioned Girl
08-28-2008, 11:08 PM
I'm not well enough to be a mod, but I do luv it when they ply me with chocolate to keep a secret. :D

Being 'not well' is one of the top five qualifiers, Susie. Being 'well' is the disqualifier... just sayin'. :)

BTW... this month's payment will be a day late due to the holiday. Sorry.

Williebee
08-28-2008, 11:09 PM
Near as I can tell, being a Mod is kind of like holding office. Wanting it, almost by definition, makes you unqualified.

Ken
08-28-2008, 11:22 PM
wouldn't mind being a Mod :-)
...though I don't think I'm quite qualified.
I have a hard enough time keepin' myself in check.
Just yesterday, for instance...err, never mind.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
08-28-2008, 11:24 PM
Near as I can tell, being a Mod is kind of like holding office. Wanting it, almost by definition, makes you unqualified.

By all that's holy... I think you've hit the nail persactly on the head.

Susie
08-28-2008, 11:26 PM
Which reminds me Susie.... I just Fed-Ex'd you that chocolate statue of Orlando Bloom. Thanks for keeping my secret.. well, secret. :)

Thx much, Turk, I can almost smell the aroma of chocolate, er Orlando now. :) ((((HUGS)))))

DL Hegel
08-28-2008, 11:30 PM
I guess i am a Mod but I am also a Rocker. Quadrophenia was my favorite Who movie. Where am I?

Jersey Chick
08-28-2008, 11:31 PM
Ah... and this is coming from someone who isn't quite sure what he is - an aribiter or a thingamabobby ;)

Susie
08-28-2008, 11:33 PM
"Being 'not well' is one of the top five qualifiers, Susie. Being 'well' is the disqualifier... just sayin'. "

Oh, good, Jen. Then I can reconsider sending in my application. I'd be perfect to head the chocolate forum. :D

Ken
08-28-2008, 11:36 PM
"not well" and yet so kind to others.
Earnin' that angel mdf :-)

DL Hegel
08-28-2008, 11:37 PM
"Being 'not well' is one of the top five qualifiers, Susie. Being 'well' is the disqualifier... just sayin'. "

Oh, good, Jen. Then I can reconsider sending in my application. I'd be perfect to head the chocolate forum. :D
Suse can be the queen of the chocolate forum--i want to be the royal chocolate taster:D

Stew21
08-28-2008, 11:41 PM
I'm pretty sure that when Jen and I got recruited we had both at some point explained why we DIDN'T want to or wouldn't be good mods.
You're going about it all wrong, people.

(and I'm pretty sure there aren't 200 mods)

Williebee
08-28-2008, 11:52 PM
and this is coming from someone who isn't quite sure what he is - an aribiter or a thingamabobby

Nope, I'm definitely a thingamabobby. Yesterday I was a thingamajoey.

Schizophrenia means never having to go home alone.

Fenika
08-28-2008, 11:55 PM
(and I'm pretty sure there aren't 200 mods)

I have it on good authority there are 206 :D

Ken
08-28-2008, 11:57 PM

:gone:

Shadow_Ferret
08-28-2008, 11:59 PM
That's 119 members per mod. If we were a school, we'd be closed down.

Stew21
08-29-2008, 12:03 AM
There are 53 mods - 14 of which are super mods
we have 6 arbiters for P&CE - not mods
10 absolute sages - 4 of those are mods already included in the 53

Ken
08-29-2008, 12:10 AM
There are 53 mods - 14 of which are super mods)
10 absolute sages - 4 of those are mods already included in the 53)

:gone :

Fenika
08-29-2008, 12:19 AM
Darn it, facts overrule hearsay once again

Stew21
08-29-2008, 12:22 AM
I counted soccermom twice. Make that 52.

Jersey Chick
08-29-2008, 12:23 AM
Nope, I'm definitely a thingamabobby. Yesterday I was a thingamajoey.

Schizophrenia means never having to go home alone.

Hmm.. so you've been promoted, then? ;)

Unique
08-29-2008, 12:27 AM
>''<
Math.
Now do it in words so
the kittehs
rest of us can understand.

I would make a terrible mod because I lurk.
Constantly.
And I'm prone to running amok just for the
hell of it.

And I will end sentences with prepositions if I feel like it.

Stew21
08-29-2008, 12:28 AM
Simple. We have 52 mods (including Mac and the supers).

Unique
08-29-2008, 12:29 AM
I thought the answer was 42.
Did I miss another memo?

Pagey's_Girl
08-29-2008, 12:30 AM
Please fly in for taste trials. Only fresh samples are accepted, so no mailing your submission. ktnx

*Lands in her superhero cape and outfit, bearing a piping hot cheesecake.*
Tah-Daah!

Shadow_Ferret
08-29-2008, 12:38 AM
What's the Time-Out on the very bottom?

Stew21
08-29-2008, 12:44 AM

Just what it says. it's the people in time out.

Shadow_Ferret
08-29-2008, 12:45 AM
I've never looked at that page before. If someone was banned would they also appear on there?

JUST CALL ME MOD53.Gah!

*flounces*

Stew21
08-29-2008, 12:47 AM
nope. just time outs.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
08-29-2008, 12:52 AM

:roll:

Y'all believed me! Bwahahahahaha!

Shadow_Ferret
08-29-2008, 12:59 AM
*rides into the thread on his Harley, smacks OFG, then exits the thread*

Born to be wiiii-iiii-ld!

Kitrianna
08-29-2008, 01:01 AM
I could fwap him with some indigenous Canadian animal if you like OFG :D

Ol' Fashioned Girl
08-29-2008, 01:04 AM
Did I miss another memo?

10 of us could quit, but it wouldn't do any good.

Susie
08-29-2008, 01:34 AM
Aww, many thx. anis and back atcha! (((((HUGS))))))

MsK
08-29-2008, 01:52 AM

Okay- I give up. Where's the page with time-out on the very bottom?
Just curious.

Jersey Chick
08-29-2008, 01:54 AM
I'll never teee-elll (that's supposed to be me all singsongy-like)

Ferret - totally kickass Harley, dude....

Beach Bunny
08-29-2008, 02:05 AM

By all that's holy... I think you've hit the nail persactly on the head.

I'm pretty sure that when Jen and I got recruited we had both at some point explained why we DIDN'T want to or wouldn't be good mods.
You're going about it all wrong, people.

Oh, me! :hooray: Pick Me! :hooray: I loves being a mod. :hooray: I want to be a mod! :hooray: Pick Me! Pick Me! :hooray: ... I'm absolutely 100% mentally healthy. :)

*dusts off hands.* That ought to keep the PTBs from even thinking about me. :tongue

Ol' Fashioned Girl
08-29-2008, 02:09 AM
BB, you're safe as a babe in its mother's arms. Safer even. Good work!

JLCwrites
08-29-2008, 02:09 AM
Did I miss another memo? That is the answer to the meaning of life. I believe there is a different answer when a mod asks about the meaning of life.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
08-29-2008, 02:11 AM
I could fwap him with some indigenous Canadian animal if you like OFG :D

Please, do. It'll earn you an 'OFG owes me one.' card.

For what it's worth.

But you have to hit him reeeeeeeeeally hard.

Jersey Chick
08-29-2008, 02:14 AM
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:a2ZnkVu-0aSH7M:http://www.gscm.org/cookies/attachments/CookiesPlate.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.gscm.org/cookies/attachments/CookiesPlate.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.gscm.org/cookies/PRResources.htm&h=3224&w=4147&sz=4416&hl=en&start=1&um=1&usg=__o5G1Kfl3umzt9NzrXFFoAkL5Wls=&tbnid=a2ZnkVu-0aSH7M:&tbnh=117&tbnw=150&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dplate%2Bof%2Bcookies%26um%3D1%26hl%3D en%26sa%3DN)

Would some sort of bribe work?

Must.... resist....

(would a mod take a bribe???)

Ol' Fashioned Girl
08-29-2008, 02:23 AM
Must.... resist....

(would a mod take a bribe???)

You bet your sweet a.....

I mean...

Of course. Silly.

Ageless Stranger
08-29-2008, 02:24 AM
You bet your sweet a.....

I mean...

Of course. Silly.

Ha! I knew my investigative journalism skills would pay off! I'll expose this corruption for all it's worth! I always knew you moderators were a seedy bunch. . .

Ol' Fashioned Girl
08-29-2008, 02:38 AM
Oh, honey! You've got no idea! We're ALL on the take! We're lower than the lowest!

But we're cute. And we're cuddly. And we're armed.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Ageless Stranger
08-29-2008, 02:39 AM
Oh, honey! You've got no idea! We're ALL on the take! We're lower than the lowest!

But we're cute. And we're cuddly. And we're armed.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

You don't scare me! The truth is my shield!

Ol' Fashioned Girl
08-29-2008, 02:42 AM

We love your bravado.

Ageless Stranger
08-29-2008, 02:44 AM

We love your bravado.

I'm rather unnerved by your continual usage of the word "We" when you are one person. I think.

Oh no. I've just worked it out! All you moderators are united by a collective consciousness! I'm going now, but I'll be back with the full force of the Federation Star Fleet.

(I know, I'm a nerd.)

Jersey Chick
08-29-2008, 02:52 AM
Big Brother is watching you....

Ageless Stranger
08-29-2008, 02:54 AM
C'mon Jersey Chick, we can take em!

Pwetty pwease help me fight insurmountable odds against a relentless and all powerful elite group of moderators?

Rolling Thunder
08-29-2008, 03:03 AM
Big Brother is watching you....

Did somebody rattle my cage?

Ageless Stranger
08-29-2008, 03:04 AM
Oh dear god. . .a super moderator.

*Bravely waves sword in the air*

You don't scare me big evil smiley head!

Rolling Thunder
08-29-2008, 03:06 AM
Oh dear god. . .a super moderator.

*Bravely waves sword in the air*

You don't scare me big evil smiley head!

*leafs through catalog of Jigglypuff avatars*

Hmmm...I think I have one with a sword...

Ageless Stranger
08-29-2008, 03:08 AM
What is this talk of Jigglypuffs?

Charzard, I choose you!

Fenika
08-29-2008, 03:26 AM
Pwetty pwease help me fight insurmountable odds against a relentless and all powerful elite group of moderators?

Hey, get outta the Mod Applicant pool! Don't make me get my light saber from the Unnamed Bar

Ageless Stranger
08-29-2008, 03:32 AM
I shall leave for now, but beware, I shall lurk in every shadow, crouch behind every car and hide behind every half open door.

Away!

Ageless Stranger
08-29-2008, 03:37 AM
KTC for supermod!

Jersey Chick
08-29-2008, 03:41 AM
Pfft.... I remember when RT was just a harmless cartoon character... Ren? Stimpy? Dangnabbit - which one was the dog? Ren, right? Stimpy was the idiot, wasn't he?? Steeempy, you eeeeediot - right?

right?

I sure hope i have the right mod - the memory's not quite what it used to be :D

Rolling Thunder
08-29-2008, 03:44 AM
I sense a Shmoo in Jersey Chick's future...

Jersey Chick
08-29-2008, 03:47 AM
ACK! Not a Schmoo! almost anything but a Schmoo!

Nice big, scary, yellow, fangy face-guy, heh heh (said as you would say, "Nice doggy" to Cujo as he stalked you)

mscelina
08-29-2008, 03:47 AM
You know, I'd second that too. KTC would be a great supermod. :)

...okay, I cracked up a little. I can't imagine KTC buying into the supermod cult. But, just in case he DID get the nod I wanted to get on his good side.

What? Oh, gimme a break--you all were planning your suck up moves too! You're just pissed 'cause I got there first.

Ageless Stranger
08-29-2008, 03:48 AM
If I second the motion, does it make it so?

I'm not quite sure. If not we can always mob the mods with our barbarian hordes.

By the way, if you should happen to become a mod, any talk along the lines of "I am the Senate!", will not be looked upon favourably.

Jersey Chick
08-29-2008, 03:48 AM
I'm too busy trying to keep from being turned into a schmoo :D

Rolling Thunder
08-29-2008, 03:55 AM
I'm too busy trying to keep from being turned into a schmoo :D

I'm sensing your impending disappointment if you don't get Shmooed.

Kevin seems to like Shmoo, too. And Ageless...well, the more the merrier. Right? :)

Ageless Stranger
08-29-2008, 03:58 AM
Everybody knows I am not the senate. Pffft. I am the I am.

Sir, your cunning philosophical rhetoric only endears you to me further.

KTC for Emperor!

. . . Or is that going a little too far?

Jersey Chick
08-29-2008, 04:02 AM
I'm dead, aren't I?

Or at least soon to be schmoo-ed.

me and my big mouth.... <sigh>

Ageless Stranger
08-29-2008, 04:04 AM
Not far enough, in my mind...but my mind is a vacuous thing. Yes...I have a HIGHLY vacuous intelligence and I am asunder at the thought of being Emperor...asunder I tell you. Oh, it is wonderful to have such vacuous intelligence...me thinks LORD KING GOD would do wonderfully.

May I humbly suggest, His Highness, the Lord Emperor God King of AW and all of its domains?

(Oh yeah, I'm a shoe in for right hand man.)

JLCwrites
08-29-2008, 04:18 AM
The Messiah (AKA SEBBY) cannot become Mod. It would destroy the universe. Seriously.... the world as we know it would be thrown into a spiral of pandemonium. (And AW members would be forced to eat eggplant parmesan.)

Jersey Chick
08-29-2008, 04:20 AM
But what if you happen to like eggplant parm?? **whistles all innocent-like**

Ageless Stranger
08-29-2008, 04:21 AM
But what if you happen to like eggplant parm?? **whistles all innocent-like**

My thoughts exactly.

JLCwrites
08-29-2008, 04:23 AM
Eggplant Parm is fine once in a while.. but every day? (shudders)

Ageless Stranger
08-29-2008, 04:25 AM
Eggplant Parm is fine once in a while.. but every day? (shudders)

Nonsense, good for the digestion.

mscelina
08-29-2008, 04:28 AM
Pfffft. I sensed condescension in the 'I cracked up a little' part. I may not be as dumb as I look, but I'm a hell of a lot smarter than I feel. I've got my eye on you.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwww! Get it off me! It's slimy!

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! Kevin's being gross again!

Ageless Stranger
08-29-2008, 04:29 AM
Ewwwwwwwwwwwww! Get it off me! It's slimy!

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! Kevin's being gross again!

*Taps mscelina on the shoulder*

That's His Highness, the Lord Emperor God King of AW and all of its domains you're talking to.

mscelina
08-29-2008, 04:31 AM
What the poof ever. I'm an anarchist. I don't believe in all of this lord-emperor-god-king crap.

We all know KTC is a poet. Poets don't qualify for ANY of that.

Ageless Stranger
08-29-2008, 04:33 AM
What the poof ever. I'm an anarchist. I don't believe in all of this lord-emperor-god-king crap.

We all know KTC is a poet. Poets don't qualify for ANY of that.

Fine, I declare myself ruler of AW. Yeah that's right, I'm pulling a Caesar.

Just thought I'd check before I went mad with power but, there isn't anyone called Brutus here, is there?

Jersey Chick
08-29-2008, 04:56 AM
I think Brutus got banned a while back. Something about trying to wrestle power from a supermod....

Or maybe that was a dream I had

damn eggplant parm!

Ageless Stranger
08-29-2008, 04:59 AM
Well that's good news.

My guards should be along shortly to subdue the people maintain order and protect the citizens of AW. My first act as ruler, is to enforce compulsory eggplant parm, for all AWers!

Muhahaha!

Neurotic
08-29-2008, 05:07 AM
It's been quite some time and I see no Schmoos. I'm getting the feeling Schmooing is an empty threat.

Ageless Stranger
08-29-2008, 05:08 AM
It's been quite some time and I see no Schmoos. I'm getting the feeling Schmooing is an empty threat.

It is just Mod propaganda.

Neurotic
08-29-2008, 05:12 AM
It is just Mod propaganda.

Yes, lies told in the hope the gullible among us will believe and stay in line. We're on to you, Mods.

Rolling Thunder
08-29-2008, 05:12 AM

Patience. Rome wasn't pillaged in one day.

Ageless Stranger
08-29-2008, 05:14 AM
More propaganda! Shield your ears!

Neurotic
08-29-2008, 05:18 AM
Patience. Rome wasn't pillaged in one day.

But the pillaging had to start somewhere.

No? Come on, just a little pillaging. A taste of things to come. I think Jersey Girl would look lovely in Schmoo. It's the new black this season, you know. Or is it the new purple? I never can keep track of these things. And Ageless Stranger is practically begging for it.

You know you want to.

Ageless Stranger
08-29-2008, 05:19 AM
I have ordered the needle point signs for the forum walls. I think it has a lovely ring to it.

KTC, Esquire.

Of course your highness.

*begins to sweat profusely*

Just in case you read them, my attempts at usurping your throne were all in good fun. *Ahem*

Neurotic
08-29-2008, 05:23 AM
Balls. Should have seen that coming.

Ageless Stranger
08-29-2008, 05:23 AM
Okay, who's the smart ass messing with my avatar???

EDIT: Aha! That was easily fixed! But I still demand the culprit identify themself!

Ageless Stranger
08-29-2008, 05:25 AM
Though I have never myself partaken of it, I have been known to recognize fun in the past.

You say fun as if it were infectious.

Ageless Stranger
08-29-2008, 05:26 AM
Ooh...what a smooky avi you got thar, Ageless one. It suits. Right down to the divine green sash. Or is that a ribbon?

Your mockery is shortlived! I have already changed mine! Haha!

Rolling Thunder
08-29-2008, 05:26 AM
Okay, who's the smart ass messing with my avatar???

EDIT: Aha! That was easily fixed! But I still demand the culprit identify themself!

I have no idea. :rolleyes:

Ageless Stranger
08-29-2008, 05:28 AM
I have no idea. :rolleyes:

You are so fricken evil. . .

Rolling Thunder
08-29-2008, 05:30 AM
You are so fricken evil. . .

Kevin taught me.

Ageless Stranger
08-29-2008, 05:31 AM
Kevin taught me.

So now I have to rebel again?

That sucks.

Seaclusion
08-29-2008, 05:32 AM
Who is that long haired bearded stranger. Is he truely ageless?

Richard

Neurotic
08-29-2008, 05:35 AM
So this is what a Schmoo is. I had wondered.

Matera the Mad
08-29-2008, 05:53 AM
schmoos are good to eat

Neurotic
08-29-2008, 05:55 AM
Really? They look like amorous bowling pins.

Jersey Chick
08-29-2008, 06:05 AM
WTF?????!!!????

I repent! I repent!

revenge will be sweet once i get my %$%@ gun and biceps back. oh yes. revenge will be sweet

Neurotic
08-29-2008, 06:05 AM
I didn't goad him into it, Jersey Girl, honest.

Jersey Chick
08-29-2008, 06:07 AM
Someone's gonna pay

once i stop laughing. i look ridiculous and where's the pink bow??

I look like a deranged bowling pin....

Fenika
08-29-2008, 06:07 AM
Omg, I'm cross eyed now.

Pagey, what was in that food sample??????

Neurotic
08-29-2008, 06:09 AM
once i stop laughing. i look ridiculous and where's the pink bow??.

You don't want to know...

Jersey Chick
08-29-2008, 06:11 AM
How did I go from T2 chick to this...this...this... thing??

it's really too funny -

no - it's not

aw hell.... yes it is.

See? I'm arguing with myself now!

Neurotic
08-29-2008, 06:15 AM
Being this thing will do that to a person.

Fenika
08-29-2008, 06:15 AM
For all those viewing this thread tomorrow, they are talking about this:

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/customavatars/avatar13894_25.gif

If this atrocity fails to show up later, consider yourself blessed. Then imagine a bowling pin mated with a teletubbie.

Neurotic
08-29-2008, 06:17 AM
I think I might just keep it. See how well our friendly avatar changer likes having the boards all Schmooed up.

Fenika
08-29-2008, 06:17 AM
Aw, crud, I'm derailing my own thread.

I thought we were finding the next mod here ppl! We have a lot of work to do if we want to bring the numbers up from 42 53 52 to 206!

Bayou Bill
08-29-2008, 06:26 AM
SHMOOS IS GOOD.

http://www.newciv.org/pic/nl/artpic/10/1221/Shmoo_Final.gif

Bayou Bill :cool:

Neurotic
08-29-2008, 06:29 AM
Well if we're going to be on-topic, I nominate me and Jersey Chick because who wouldn't respect our authority?

Seaclusion
08-29-2008, 06:34 AM
Someone's gonna pay

once i stop laughing. i look ridiculous and where's the pink bow??

I look like a deranged bowling pin....

But without an ak-47

Richard

JLCwrites
08-29-2008, 06:46 AM
A Shmoo tastes good between two graham crackers and a hunk of chocolate.

http://www.unofficialguidnetwork.com/images/smore.jpg

Fenika
08-29-2008, 06:52 AM
OMG, YOU KILLED NEUROTIC! You bastard!

Oh, wait, its just Jersey. Nvm.

Neurotic
08-29-2008, 06:55 AM
It'll take more than a pile of brownies and some crackers to crush me.

Fenika
08-29-2008, 06:57 AM
It'll take more than a pile of brownies and some crackers to crush me.

What then? A pile of brownies, some crackers and a truckload of ACME anvils?

We found our Mod. Lock thread!

Ol' Fashioned Girl
08-29-2008, 06:57 AM
Just so we don't lose any valuable history here....

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q172/liadano/Posterity-1.jpg

and here....

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q172/liadano/Posterity2.jpg

Neurotic
08-29-2008, 06:58 AM
What then? A pile of brownies, some crackers and a truckload of ACME anvils?

I'm not as dumb as I look, I'm not telling you how to crush me.

Matera the Mad
08-29-2008, 07:01 AM
A Shmoo tastes good between two graham crackers and a hunk of chocolate.

http://www.unofficialguidnetwork.com/images/smore.jpg

Is that why they call those "shmoores"?

Neurotic
08-29-2008, 07:03 AM
Since you look pretty dumb, I'm gonna go with my gut instincts here and say the anvils will do the trick. You look simultaneously spongy and capable of utter flatness. Anything lighter than an anvil would probably bounce off of you...Yes. I'm going with the anvils. Hold still.

Go right ahead. I shall spring back and be more powerful than you could possibly imagine.

Jersey Chick
08-29-2008, 07:05 AM
Being a schmoo sucks.

Really.

<----- who can take this seriously?

Neurotic
08-29-2008, 07:06 AM
Oh God. I missed this post. I don't like it when people make me pee. Stop it, now.

Believe me, I didn't like making you pee either.

Jersey Chick
08-29-2008, 07:09 AM
Okay - RT's had his fun... I can't take this anymore - I look...

too freakin funny

Jersey Chick
08-29-2008, 07:13 AM
Oh.

My.

God.

Neurotic
08-29-2008, 07:14 AM
Problem?

Jersey Chick
08-29-2008, 07:16 AM
A new kiddie show! I could be famous!

And MY show wouldn't suck! :D

Ol' Fashioned Girl
08-29-2008, 07:17 AM
For gods' sake, RT... put a mustache on one or the other of 'em... I can't tell 'em apart!

Jersey Chick
08-29-2008, 07:18 AM
Tell me I'm the I and not the heart.

And don't give RT any more ideas, 'kay?

Neurotic
08-29-2008, 07:18 AM
Twins. Twice the fun. You guys remind me of something. Can't quite put my finger on it? If I could just flatten you, I might be able to figure it out...

But you can't, thanks to all that super-springy goodness. Such a shame.

Rolling Thunder
08-29-2008, 07:23 AM
Tell me I'm the I and not the heart.

And don't give RT any more ideas, 'kay?

Too late. The 'Kids shows you hate' thread is a bonanza. :D

Neurotic
08-29-2008, 07:29 AM
I'm kind of used to this avatar now. I think I might keep it. Embrace my inner blob.

Jersey Chick
08-29-2008, 08:01 AM
I'm me again!

Fenika
08-29-2008, 08:05 AM
Blob traitor

Neurotic
08-29-2008, 08:08 AM
That's kind of a relief. I kept looking at your posts and thinking I don't remember writing that.

Jersey Chick
08-29-2008, 08:09 AM
I kept doing the same as well! I confuse easily enough, you know. ;)

Neurotic
08-29-2008, 08:11 AM
(Resisting the urge to hunt down a matching Linda Hamilton - T2 avatar.)

Fenika
08-29-2008, 08:12 AM
I only now noticed the 'good natured chew toy'

:ROFL:

Fenika
08-29-2008, 08:13 AM
(Resisting the urge to hunt down a matching Linda Hamilton - T2 avatar.)

That would make the chew toy bit all the funnier :)

Psst, just go to her profile and copy it from there

Neurotic
08-29-2008, 08:16 AM
Do I really want to lose my marshmallow mojo though?

Fenika
08-29-2008, 08:19 AM
If by mojo you mean poo smell... nah

Jersey Chick
08-29-2008, 08:19 AM
HEY! What did I do to anyone? Jeez.... :(

Fenika
08-29-2008, 08:21 AM
Increased the poo smell around here for starters.

Neurotic
08-29-2008, 08:22 AM
Poor Jersey Chick. You were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Jersey Chick
08-29-2008, 08:22 AM
I didn't choose to be schmooed.... one never chooses to be schmooed (for the most part) - it was thrust upon me.

And i wasn't poo scented. I was vanilla... **sigh**

Neurotic
08-29-2008, 08:23 AM
I didn't choose to be schmooed, I'm just choosing to stay this way.

Jersey Chick
08-29-2008, 08:29 AM
I'm sure there's someone out there who would stand up and ask to be schmooed.

Fenika
08-29-2008, 08:29 AM
-

Neurotic
08-29-2008, 08:31 AM
You're probably right about that, Jersey Schmoo.

Jersey Chick
08-29-2008, 08:32 AM
Jersey Schmoo...

Well, it could be worse. :D

Fenika
I just checked. There are only two mods online atm. Time to start the revolution.

Neurotic
You could be a good-natured Schmoo toy?

Jersey Chick
08-29-2008, 08:35 AM
Hee hee... I may be good natured at times but toy? I just don't see it...

do I dare ask what revolution we're holding this time?

Neurotic
08-29-2008, 08:36 AM
Does it matter? Viva la revolution!

Jersey Chick
08-29-2008, 08:36 AM
**takes a deep breath** Well... when in Rome....

:popcorn:

Fenika
08-29-2008, 08:37 AM
Exactly! But first, I sleep. Night night schmoos.

Neurotic
08-29-2008, 08:38 AM
Night, non-Schmoo.

Project nachonaco
08-29-2008, 08:41 AM
I feel that I provide insightful discussions and am a mature, intelligent candidate. I am also very devoted to this site, and would consider it an honor to be made a moderator. If I were to be a moderator, I would exercise good judgement, great discretion, and I would also have an unbiased, unwavering approach. I have experience moderating other boards as well, granted on a smaller scale, but I can provide references.

I am very devoted to Absolute Write and spend many hours a day surfing and participating in threads. I do not have any preference over which board to monitor, if given, any would be fine with me. Thank you for this opportunity.

Jersey Chick
08-29-2008, 08:45 AM
Make nachonaco a schmoo! :D

btw - I'm just kind of kidding about changing her into a schmoo... honest :D

whoa - did you know there's a "lemon chiffon" font color? cool.

Neurotic
08-29-2008, 08:47 AM
You can't be a mod until you've been a Schmoo. New house rule.

Matera the Mad
08-29-2008, 08:54 AM
The shmoo the merrier -- but I'll pass. I've been a mod, I'd rather be odd.

Project nachonaco
08-29-2008, 08:56 AM
You can't be a mod until you've been a Schmoo. New house rule.

Oh, and if I'm made a mod, FREE MILKSHAKES AND FRIES FOR EVERYONE!

Jo
08-29-2008, 08:58 AM
I'm not cruising for a Shmoosing, but have you checked out the cool Mod toys? (Bottom left of each post quoted below.) Perdy buttons! :heart:

Just so we don't lose any valuable history here....

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q172/liadano/Posterity-1.jpg

and here....

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q172/liadano/Posterity2.jpg

BenPanced
08-29-2008, 09:12 AM
If I'm made a Mod, I promise an eggplant in every pot, an Orlando Bloomtm (Test drive the 2009 Bloom at your local Orlando Motors showroom today!) in every driveway, and on their birthday everybody gets the pony or bicycle they wanted for Christmas that one year but never got.

JennaGlatzer
08-29-2008, 09:44 AM
Clicking randomly on pages on this thread, out of order, out of context, was the most fun I've had in several minutes. (I did eat a lot of cookies several minutes ago, which was awfully fun.)

Thank you all for being slightly insane, very smart, and quite amusing.

Bmwhtly
08-29-2008, 12:50 PM
I'm sure there's someone out there who would stand up and ask to be schmooed.:hi:

I feel that I provide insightful discussions and am a mature, intelligent candidate.
Therefore you'll never make Mod.

Rolling Thunder only got in because he struck a chord with the comittee by promising not to go on a banning spree.
Of course, like everyone who runs for office, he promised more than he could deliver.

Project nachonaco
08-29-2008, 03:26 PM
All right, I admit it.

In the seventh grade I ran full-on into a sliding glass door.

Rolling Thunder
08-29-2008, 03:32 PM
*moves Ben to the bottom of 2Bbanned list*

Bmwhtly
08-29-2008, 03:33 PM
Bless you, kind sir

Rolling Thunder
08-29-2008, 03:43 PM
Bless you, kind sir

How easily they forget:

Of course, like everyone who runs for office, he promised more than he could deliver.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
08-29-2008, 03:58 PM
I'm not cruising for a Shmoosing, but have you checked out the cool Mod toys? (Bottom left of each post quoted below.) Perdy buttons! :heart:

It's one of the few perks (not to be confused with Perks) we have.

Besides the jackboots, shock collars, and open bar, rec room, spa, and catered meals in the Mod Room, that is.

But I'm not supposed to talk about those.

Fenika
08-29-2008, 05:45 PM
Is there ANY way to compile yesterdays multi-thread hijinks, complete with changing Avs, and post it somewhere??? Preferably w/o removing them from there original local. Just a copy.

Please, please.

Ageless Stranger
08-29-2008, 05:54 PM
Is there ANY way to compile yesterdays multi-thread hijinks, complete with changing Avs, and post it somewhere??? Preferably w/o removing them from there original local. Just a copy.

Please, please.

Oh come on! Reading through this thread in all its glory is like being on drugs. It's quite fun.

Fenika
08-29-2008, 05:56 PM
Yes, but what about the mod thread, the CHAOS thread, the celina thread, and prolly others, which all saw twin shmoo action last night?

Roger J Carlson
08-29-2008, 05:58 PM
You are so fricken evil. . .You don't know evil. Ask Cray.

Ageless Stranger
08-29-2008, 05:58 PM
Yes, but what about the mod thread, the CHAOS thread, the celina thread, and prolly others, which all saw twin shmoo action last night?

Consider it a page in the saga of AW. When all this is documented in the far off future, this age shall be known as;

The Age Of The Shmoos!

Pagey's_Girl
08-29-2008, 05:59 PM
....twin shmoo action last night?

Yikes. Thanks for putting that image in my head....

Yeah, I have a dirty mind.

Unique
08-29-2008, 06:08 PM
All right, I admit it.

In the seventh grade I ran full-on into a sliding glass door.

But did you go through the glass?

Even better - did you go through the glass without breaking it? You'd be a shoe in for sure.

Jersey Chick
08-29-2008, 06:23 PM
Nah - better's when it makes a loud noise and the person just kind of bounces off...

less blood that way, too. :D

Fenika
08-30-2008, 02:23 AM
Unless they bust a sinus. Nose bleeders are not kewl.

But I agree to the satisfying bounce-thud