PDA

View Full Version : Let us collaborate........

malberque@comcast.ne
08-28-2008, 02:32 AM
It works like this:
I'll write a handful of lines. You pick up where I (or the previous poster) left off.

Rules?
There must be, at least three posts, between yours. Make an honest effort to write no MORE than 4 or 5 lines. And, that's it. POOF, a collaboration!

Ready?
Ok, I'll wait.............................................. .............................................
.................................................. .come on, come on already............
.................................................. ..............................................
.................................................. .................................................. .
................................Ok? WHEW!
Here we go.

Inappropriate, is what they called it. Watching form behind the woodshed, it was clear that something was about to happen. Squinting in an attempt to cut the brightness, tributaries formed, carrying stinging liquid into his eye.

Dale Emery
08-28-2008, 03:59 AM
The door of the main house opened a few inches. Something moved at the foot of the door.

Garrish held his breath.

The thing at the foot of the door crawled a few feet onto the porch and stopped.

Garrish blinked hard, sqeezing the tears out of his eyes.

The thing on the porch was a baby.

emeraldcite
08-28-2008, 04:09 AM
I'm going to move this down to games. :)

smoothseas
08-28-2008, 04:22 AM
Boy? Girl? Garrish couldn’t tell. And its ill-fitting diaper and stained t-shirt weren’t giving any helpful clues.

Garrish blinked again. Another hallucination? But a loud, demanding wail told Garrish that this was the real deal.

Reaching down, he picked the kid up, and protectively hugged it to his chest. Obviously the kid hadn’t gotten here under its own steam. But who could have dropped it here? And why?

Garrish scanned the darkening street, his eyes trying to penetrate the deep shadows. But the only movement he saw was Old Man McDonald’s dog taking a dump on Mrs. Nelson’s front lawn.