PDA

View Full Version : Ever Cancel a Party?

Bravo
08-27-2008, 09:36 PM
i feel like i might have to take drastic action and cancel this party i was throwing this weekend because too many of my friends will be out town.

i dunno though.

maaaybe i should i push ahead and throw it and see what happens, but if this flops it could really be damaging to everything i hold dear.

this was supposed to be a good weekend for a party. labor day, everyone's off, gas prices are up, why on earth are people going out of town?

annoying.

life is hard for me these days.

Shadow_Ferret
08-27-2008, 09:38 PM
Yes, I've canceled them. usually when someone I don't like, who I invited just to be nice thinking they wouldn't accept, accepts. :)

Actually, because of things coming up this summer, we canceled a party twice that we're finally having this weekend.

Again, the people we invited to be nice said they were having a garage sale this weekend.

alleycat
08-27-2008, 09:38 PM
Have it anyway. Tell the ones who are coming to bring a friend.

MattW
08-27-2008, 11:50 PM
Open invite to the interwebs, then you'll see a real interesting party.

You won't have any stuff afterwards, but think of the stories!

WendyNYC
08-27-2008, 11:52 PM
Just call it a barbeque instead of a party. And buy plenty of booze.

robeiae
08-27-2008, 11:54 PM
Just call it a barbeque instead of a party. And buy plenty of booze.
Sounds like my wedding reception...

cray
08-28-2008, 12:01 AM
let deviled eggs be your guide, bravo.
if you have them already, well then, you better have the party.

if not, cancel.

Perks
08-28-2008, 12:05 AM
Deviled eggs are awesome. Have your party. I liked the idea above of telling everyone whose left to bring a cool friend.

sassandgroove
08-28-2008, 12:52 AM
HAve a cool party then tell everyone who wasn't in town what a great party they missed, then they'll be sure to come to your next one. :D

Bravo
08-28-2008, 01:11 AM
i postponed/potentially cancelled it.

i feel like i have a rep at stake.

even though this was perhaps a minor embarrassment the potential catastrophe was averted.

thank you though