Publisher Response

JasonA

Registered
Reaction score
Last week I sent out a query letter regarding my non-fiction military book proposal. Quickly, Osprey Publishing asked for my proposal, chapter synopsis and introduction which I quickly sent. Today, the commissioning editor emailed me with the following:

E**()y passed your proposal on to me as I am handling the general commissioning for Osprey at present. What I'd like to do is to discuss yourproposal with colleagues at our next list meeting in late September.However, I note that your introduction includes a lot of verbatim speech andI wonder if you have sources for this, or whether it is simply your memoryof what went on. If a book were to be published by Osprey we would need you to provide sources for quotes and other specific pieces of information in the book, so that readers know that the information is reliable. Could you let me know how things stand in this respect.

So I emailed her back and told her my conversations used in the intro were from memory and they've been double checked by other key participants. She replied that that was ok but I should maintain keeping records of all interviews and etc.

qwerty

exiled Brit
Registered
Reaction score
That's an encouraging response. Fingers crossed for that meet late September.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck hope it works out

JasonA

Registered
Reaction score
I just got another response from Naval Institute Press. Very positive.

Bluestone

It's never too late to dream big
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! Sounds very promising.

We won't break out the party guys just yet, but it definitely deserves a :Clap:

Keep us posted.

JasonA

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! Sounds very promising.

We won't break out the party guys just yet, but it definitely deserves a :Clap:

Keep us posted.

Yeah good call. When I got a request for my proposal from Scott Miller at Trident I was celebrating big time. Of course he burst my bubble a week later. Lesson learned.