The Mad Mover Strikes Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bayou Bill

AW Ne'er-Do-Well
Registered
Reaction score
Down so low in Austin, bottom looks like up.
Website
billsbilge.blogspot.com
Forum Mod, Silver King, aka The Mad Mover, has moved another sports discussion thread from the OFFICE PARTY (Anything not related to writing belongs here.) to that little-used AW backwater titled: SPORTSWRITING AND FITNESS WRITING.

First it was the College Football thread. Then yesterday, the Olympic thread suffered the same fate.

What next? Does the Old Farts thread face the possibility of being moved to HISTORICAL WRITING? Could Ferret's, LOLcatz, or Bahamutchild's, I Rode A Horse, threads wind up on the WRITING ABOUT ANIMALS/NATURE forum?

Either the title (and mission) of the sportsWRITING forum should be changed or it shouldn't be filled with sports DISCUSSION threads.

Bayou Bill :cool:

Last edited:

Bayou Bill

AW Ne'er-Do-Well
Registered
Reaction score
Down so low in Austin, bottom looks like up.
Website
billsbilge.blogspot.com
Since I'm usually laid-back to the point of lassitude, the idea of my first O/P thread being a diatribe does seem odd. And there's no way I'd want SK's job. Been there, done that, found it a pain.

Maybe it's because I wrote print and online sports for twenty years. I'm not sure. However, to paraphrase old Abe, "The world will little note nor long remember what I write here."

Bayou Bill :cool:

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
It's not so bad... sharing SK's job as I do, I find it incredibly rewarding to be able to help folks. It's a challenge some days, yes, but on the whole, y'all are sweethearts compared to some of the charming people I deal with in meatspace.

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
*Looks at purple objects scattered everywhere*

Y'all need to warn people before you move threads so they can put lids back on stuff. Look at this mess! Eggplants everywhere!

Kitrianna

Official Bad Cat's Prez
Registered
Reaction score
In one of THOSE moods. Look out people, no one is
:roll: Please don't make me laugh. Further oxygen deprivation could cause me to pass from hallucinations and dizziness to just plain passing out cold. Then they would take me to emergency and let doctors poke at me...

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
WTF? Where did the "Mod's Gone Wild" thread go? I was participating in it in Poetry, it got moved to the Roundtable, and now it's moved again to some board I don't have permissions to.

Double WTF?

It's in Office Party. Look up, silly ferret.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Next time just confuse Silver by asking to see one of his fish pictures.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Looks like I've struck a powerful nerve in Bill's sense of where threads belong around here. And he's right: the Sports and Fitness area was created mostly as a writing related forum; but that doesn't mean we can't talk about sports there, or cheer for our favorite teams or whatever.

One of the reasons that forum gets little activity is because threads are started here in Office Party that are better suited for the Sports forum. And I've aggravated the situation by not moving threads there sooner or often enough.

The main reason threads are moved is to help discussions by placing them in appropriate forums. Office Party is a fast moving place, where the majority of threads sink out of sight swiftly. If I feel a topic is better suited elsewhere, I'll move it before it has a chance to become buried here. If that appears to make me The Mad Mover, well so be it. I've been called a lot worse, and for much better reasons; so I'll just keep going along with my work here while using my best judgment the way I've always done, even if it means it's not entirely agreeable to some people.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Don't make Silver King mad or he'll slap you with a fish.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Shouldn't this thread be in FAQ? Can someone move it.

Just kidding! I'm go away . . .

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Shouldn't alleycat be on the Animals board?

Status
Not open for further replies.