Uploading an avatar from computer....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celeste

Banned
Reaction score
I've spent the last half hour trying to change my avatar and I'm having a helluva' time. The pixal requirements are right, etc.. but I can't get it to
upload. What am I doing wrong? Lol...

I keep getting a window that pops up saying...

''POST requests from foreign hosts are not allowed.''

Help! :Headbang:

celeste

Celeste

Banned
Reaction score
I'm using msn. I tried uploading the pic from my computer, that wouldn't work. So, then I uploaded the pic to photobucket.com to get an url for the pic and that wouldn't work either. I don't know why it won't work. I've put up the avatar I have now the same way. I dunno' why it won't work now...:Shrug:

Reaction score
I think the boards went completely funky there for a bit. I couldn't get at them for about an hour. Now that I'm back, there's a lot less people here.

Celeste

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, I noticed that. Maybe that was the problem. I'll try again. :)

Celeste

Banned
Reaction score
Okay, I give up on that damn thing! :Headbang:

I do exactly what it says -- exact pixals, KB, etc.. and it still keeps giving me that same friggin' message -''POST requests from foreign hosts are not allowed.''

If anyone cares to let me know if they may have any idea why this is happening, I'd be so happy to hear it. :)

Celeste

Banned
Reaction score
Okay...Now something's really screwy! I tried to just delete my avatar that I'm using now and the same message popped up. Arrrrgh! :Headbang:

Celeste

Banned
Reaction score
Aren't you s'posed to be at school today, Brainerd? ;)

Celeste

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brainerd T
Celeste, you know I love you. Need I say more?

You know I love you too, BT! :heart:

I still can't get the avatar thing to work right. I even tried deleting the one I have and just go without, but it wouldn't even delete it. So, I dunno'...

For Blake, I put my avatar next to his bonk. See my eyes sparkling after being bonked by Blake? Lol....;)

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
I'm having the exact some trouble.

It won't let me
  • Change it to one of the standards
  • Change it to something new
  • Delete and go without
Looks like I'm stuck with the one I have now forever and ever and ever....

Celeste

Banned
Reaction score
Birol said:
I'm having the exact some trouble.

It won't let me
  • Change it to one of the standards
  • Change it to something new
  • Delete and go without
Looks like I'm stuck with the one I have now forever and ever and ever....

Hmm...I thought I had it figured out. The other night, after trying for weeks, I was finally able to get it to work. I thought the problem might've been because I was logged in as 'invisible' because it went through when I disabled that 'invisible option. But last night, I tried to put a different avatar and it wouldn't let me, again! I must've just got lucky the other night because now it's a no go. Weird.

I'm having all the same problems again.

gogoshire

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I want to upload one, but I'm not sure how. Do I have to have a certain amount of posts or something until I can upload my own avatar (and not use one of the pre-fabs)?

I'm sure this has been covered somewhere on the board, but I haven't been able to locate it.

--Maureen

gogoshire

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I hit 50! Hooray. I'm a supermember, whatever that means.

But I still can't upload my own avatar. Can anyone help? Do I need more rep points or something?

ashlee111

Registered
Reaction score
Do not feel bad....

Do not feel bad Celeste,I am having the same problem trying to down load an avatar. And when I did finally download it, it was about two inches. I wanted to add it to my desktop, but it was too small.:Hammer:

ashlee111

Celeste said:
I've spent the last half hour trying to change my avatar and I'm having a helluva' time. The pixal requirements are right, etc.. but I can't get it to
upload. What am I doing wrong? Lol...

I keep getting a window that pops up saying...

''POST requests from foreign hosts are not allowed.''

Help! :Headbang:

celeste

Celeste

Banned
Reaction score
Hmmm...Weird.

There's quite a few of us that are having problems, while others aren't. I wonder what's up with that.

I did manage to finally get mine uploaded. I think I might've just gotten lucky, though, because I tried to change it and now I'm having the same problem again. :Headbang:

Celeste

Banned
Reaction score
ashlee,

I think you have to hit 50 posts before using your own personal avatar. I may be wrong, but I think that's how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.