PDA

View Full Version : Uploading an avatar from computer....

Celeste
04-26-2005, 06:11 AM
I've spent the last half hour trying to change my avatar and I'm having a helluva' time. The pixal requirements are right, etc.. but I can't get it to
upload. What am I doing wrong? Lol...

I keep getting a window that pops up saying...

''POST requests from foreign hosts are not allowed.''

Help! :Headbang:

celeste

amidsummerswrite
04-26-2005, 06:16 AM
Are you going through a proxy server?

Celeste
04-26-2005, 06:45 AM
I'm using msn. I tried uploading the pic from my computer, that wouldn't work. So, then I uploaded the pic to photobucket.com to get an url for the pic and that wouldn't work either. I don't know why it won't work. I've put up the avatar I have now the same way. I dunno' why it won't work now...:Shrug:

amidsummerswrite
04-26-2005, 08:17 AM
I think the boards went completely funky there for a bit. I couldn't get at them for about an hour. Now that I'm back, there's a lot less people here.

Celeste
04-26-2005, 08:44 AM
Yeah, I noticed that. Maybe that was the problem. I'll try again. :)

Celeste
04-26-2005, 06:40 PM
Okay, I give up on that damn thing! :Headbang:

I do exactly what it says -- exact pixals, KB, etc.. and it still keeps giving me that same friggin' message -''POST requests from foreign hosts are not allowed.''

If anyone cares to let me know if they may have any idea why this is happening, I'd be so happy to hear it. :)

Brainerd T.
04-26-2005, 08:29 PM
now...
now...
now...
now...
now...
now...
I'm having the same problem. I was going to paste the guy you had shrugging his shoulders. Maybe you are an alien.

Celeste
04-26-2005, 08:30 PM
Okay...Now something's really screwy! I tried to just delete my avatar that I'm using now and the same message popped up. Arrrrgh! :Headbang:

Brainerd T.
04-26-2005, 08:41 PM
?
Don't ask me, I'm just the janitor. (As I sit here with my feet on the dest) [emphasis given for elucidation only]

Celeste
04-26-2005, 08:46 PM
Aren't you s'posed to be at school today, Brainerd? ;)

Brainerd T.
04-27-2005, 02:50 AM
Oh, no. Got caught. Don't tell the principle.

Notice the ever so slight deft humore attempt. (the word principal)

Celeste, you know I love you. Need I say more?

Celeste
04-27-2005, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by Brainerd T
Celeste, you know I love you. Need I say more?

You know I love you too, BT! :heart:

I still can't get the avatar thing to work right. I even tried deleting the one I have and just go without, but it wouldn't even delete it. So, I dunno'...

For Blake, I put my avatar next to his bonk. See my eyes sparkling after being bonked by Blake? Lol....;)

Birol
05-10-2005, 08:15 AM
I'm having the exact some trouble.

It won't let me

Change it to one of the standards
Change it to something new
Delete and go without
Looks like I'm stuck with the one I have now forever and ever and ever....

Birol
05-10-2005, 08:21 AM
I've posted a note in Mod. Hopefully one of my fellow moderators will have the answer or know who to ask to get it.

Celeste
05-10-2005, 03:00 PM
I'm having the exact some trouble.

It won't let me

Change it to one of the standards
Change it to something new
Delete and go without
Looks like I'm stuck with the one I have now forever and ever and ever....

Hmm...I thought I had it figured out. The other night, after trying for weeks, I was finally able to get it to work. I thought the problem might've been because I was logged in as 'invisible' because it went through when I disabled that 'invisible option. But last night, I tried to put a different avatar and it wouldn't let me, again! I must've just got lucky the other night because now it's a no go. Weird.

I'm having all the same problems again.

veinglory
05-11-2005, 03:01 PM
Hmm. Mine chnaged okay -- must be some weird interaction of settings?

gogoshire
05-11-2005, 11:58 PM
I want to upload one, but I'm not sure how. Do I have to have a certain amount of posts or something until I can upload my own avatar (and not use one of the pre-fabs)?

I'm sure this has been covered somewhere on the board, but I haven't been able to locate it.

--Maureen

awatkins
05-12-2005, 12:43 AM
I believe you have to reach 50 posts, Maureen. Then you can upload a purty picture. :)

gogoshire
05-12-2005, 01:06 AM
50, huh? I can handle that. Stay tuned for my fab avatar -- some time next week I should hit 50, I think.

Cheers

awatkins
05-12-2005, 02:45 AM
I bet you hit 50 before then! I'll be watching for your avatar. :)

gogoshire
05-13-2005, 07:14 PM
I hit 50! Hooray. I'm a supermember, whatever that means.

But I still can't upload my own avatar. Can anyone help? Do I need more rep points or something?

ashlee111
05-13-2005, 07:48 PM
Do not feel bad Celeste,I am having the same problem trying to down load an avatar. And when I did finally download it, it was about two inches. I wanted to add it to my desktop, but it was too small.:Hammer:

ashlee111

I've spent the last half hour trying to change my avatar and I'm having a helluva' time. The pixal requirements are right, etc.. but I can't get it to
upload. What am I doing wrong? Lol...

I keep getting a window that pops up saying...

''POST requests from foreign hosts are not allowed.''

Help! :Headbang:

celeste

Celeste
05-13-2005, 11:37 PM
Hmmm...Weird.

There's quite a few of us that are having problems, while others aren't. I wonder what's up with that.

I did manage to finally get mine uploaded. I think I might've just gotten lucky, though, because I tried to change it and now I'm having the same problem again. :Headbang:

Celeste
05-13-2005, 11:40 PM
ashlee,

I think you have to hit 50 posts before using your own personal avatar. I may be wrong, but I think that's how it works.

gogoshire
05-13-2005, 11:50 PM
Hooray! :Jump: I have an avatar now. This is a pic of one of my super-cute Alaskan sled dogs, Seamus.