Is interesting and intriguing the new form of rejection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiverMask

Registered
Reaction score
I keep receiving countless of rejections telling me my story is intriguing or interesting but not for them. Is that like the form rejections nowadays?

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
It's a polite NO.

But it's still a NO.

Move on.

Mumut

Well begun is half done...
Registered
Reaction score
Are you sending your work to people who publish your genre. I sent a letter to one publisher and was politely rejected so I rang the editor. I said that on their internet site they say they publish my genre but she told me to look on the bookshop shelves. I wouldn't see my genre published by them. When asked she said they *say* they look at anything, just in case an absolute gem of a story pops up which they would not usually touch. But otherwise they quickly reject the ones out of genre for them.

So you might look for your genre published, then send some of your work to that publisher.

Last edited:

Karen Duvall

Chalice the Hatchet Knight
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.karenduvall.blogspot.com
I keep receiving countless of rejections telling me my story is intriguing or interesting but not for them. Is that like the form rejections nowadays?

No, it's an old form rejection, but a nice one. You didn't say if this was an agent or editor who rejected your work, but as a rule, agents don't like delivering bad news. Couching it with compliments makes them feel better, and it hopefully makes you feel better, too. Don't let the rejections stop you from sending out more queries! Hang in there.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
As someone upthread asked, are you sending it to the right agents for your particular piece? I got a few of those, but didn't realize I was sending it to the wrong ones until someone was a little more specific in why it was intriguing but not for them. Then I tailored my query in that direction, targeted it to an agent in that speciality, and got a nibble.

Status
Not open for further replies.