Fantasy Football...

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Is fun, addicting, generates all kinds of conflict of interest.

Just had our draft. I wanted to get Marion Barber because A) I'm a Dallas homer and B) he scores touchdowns. But a guy just ahead of me grabbed him instead. A guy I happen to be facing in week 1. So now I have to hope barber has like 12 carries for 30 yards, no catches & no TD's, but still root for Dallas to win.

I've played before but never really took it remotely seriously. This year I'm in a couple of different leagues and I'm actually doing research, checking for injuries, paying attention. Still all good fun, but man, you can really get caught up in this stuff...

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Is fun, addicting, generates all kinds of conflict of interest.

Just had our draft. I wanted to get Marion Barber because A) I'm a Dallas homer and B) he scores touchdowns. But a guy just ahead of me grabbed him instead. A guy I happen to be facing in week 1. So now I have to hope barber has like 12 carries for 30 yards, no catches & no TD's, but still root for Dallas to win.

I've played before but never really took it remotely seriously. This year I'm in a couple of different leagues and I'm actually doing research, checking for injuries, paying attention. Still all good fun, but man, you can really get caught up in this stuff...

which is precisely why I avoid it. I've got enough bad habits without getting involved in all that. Besides, it's like you said, you can't even root properly for your own team anymore.

Now, if you want me to buy a square in a pool....

jst5150

Vorpal Comics. Weekly Podcast. Twitch Artist. Vet
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
My draft was Sunday. We have a keeper league, one that's been around since 1999. I didn't do poorly, but I'm in a rebuilding stage. :)

crimsonlaw

Roll Tide Roll!!!
Registered
Reaction score
Oh man. I'm a recovering fantasy football junkie. Got caught up in it in college and finally had to get off the junk after about five years. It becomes more work than fun once you start getting into it too much. Sure as heck makes Sundays more exciting, however!