Not open for further replies.

awatkins

Not harboring illegal parrot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Hey everybody,

I ran across this the other day and thought it might be of interest. It's a new one to me, so I'm afraid I don't know anything about it. There's a lot of info on the site, though, and any questions could be directed to the editors. Here's a link to the guidelines:

http://www.godsize.com/storyguidelines.html

Hope this helps someone. :)

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
Just scrolling through and saw your post. I looked at the site and it seems on the up-and-up. I bookmarked it to go over it again tomorrow. Might have something to submit to them.

Thanks!
2.gif
(Please excuse me--I'm having fun with these smilie things. Just found the page yesterday.)

Dancre

Just have fun.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kimkouski.com
tread carefully

Warning, Will Rogers, Warning!!! Did you see this: We offer a $25 "finder's fee" for the person submitting the story if it is selected for publication. My spidey sense is tingling. i'd have veronica or Dave check these folks out before proceeeding. anyone who says, you pay us to print your stuff, isn't legit. As Uncle Jim says, the money flows to the writer, not the other way around. be careful, grasshopper.

On a side note, i'm always amazed by those who wave the christian flag with one hand, and pull your wallet out of your pocket with the other hand.

kim

wurdwise

Banned
Reaction score
That means they pay the person, not that they charge a fee.

Betty W01

Empress of Cyberworld
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dancre said:
Warning, Will Rogers, Warning!!! Did you see this: We offer a $25 "finder's fee" for the person submitting the story if it is selected for publication. My spidey sense is tingling. i'd have veronica or Dave check these folks out before proceeeding. anyone who says, you pay us to print your stuff, isn't legit. As Uncle Jim says, the money flows to the writer, not the other way around. be careful, grasshopper.

On a side note, i'm always amazed by those who wave the christian flag with one hand, and pull your wallet out of your pocket with the other hand.

kim

Kim, I think you misunderstood what you read. The Godsize people pay you $25 to bring an appropriate story (one you did not write) to their attention, not the other way around, as well as paying authors of original work.

In fact, their website says, "If the story you wrote is published, you will be notified upon publication of the story. Authors are paid $50 to $200 per story after publication. Plus, each author will have a brief bio and we will share your story with thousands."

So, the money is flowing to the writer and not away.

I must say I agree with the flag-waving comment, though. Too many so-called Christians give the Lord a bad name.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Anne, & all,

I just sent a true story to Godsize and I'll keep my fingers crossed. Thanks much for the market, Anne. Sounds very good! Much good luck, everyone.

Hugs, Susie:)

Status
Not open for further replies.