PDA

View Full Version : Would love a blog review

Madisonwrites
08-26-2008, 05:59 AM
My blog http://madisonlovestowrite.blogspot.com. You can read some of what I've written in my stories, learn my troubles with making the 50K mark, and even find out about my manga that I'm working on. I'm looking to increase traffic, but I don't know if my blog makes the cut. Does it?

Oh, you can post your review here or on my blog. I don't care which.

Hope you enjoy!:TheWave:

veinglory
08-26-2008, 06:05 AM
Hi there. I like your writing :) You have two elements int he left colum that are not working for me --the upcoming fantasy books (page not found) and the quote (requiring scroll right).

I like that template but it is a popular one, perhaps a banner would make it more your own?

Madisonwrites
08-26-2008, 06:32 AM
Thanks, Veinglory. I appreciate your suggestions. Thanks bunches! :D

nighttimer
09-07-2008, 10:40 AM
Hi Madison.

I think you're a little light on content. When I click on your titles I thought I was going to be redirected to a more in-depth commentary.

For example, what I know about Manga would fit into a thimble. Maybe an illustration of what Manga is or some kind of definition followed by your contribution might be helpful.

I'm a great believer that a visual aid helps get and keep the reader's attention.

Good luck.

Pink Ink
09-07-2008, 06:27 PM
I really like your layout and avatar. Very pretty. The little updates are a quick read for someone who is checking in on your progress. I love how you personalize the "about me" section. Shows your personality.

Fenika
09-07-2008, 06:38 PM
I like it. Lots of enthusiasm and some nice features.

You might tighten some of the info at the top. Short and sweet helps to keep people's attention when they first reach your page.

Also, the links a little ways down could use titles so I have a better idea what they are :)

Good luck!
Christina

Madisonwrites
09-08-2008, 02:24 AM
Thanks so much, guys! I'm so new to this blogging thing that at times I'm not really sure what I'm doing, but it sounds like I'm on the right track. Thanks for all your suggestions!

veinglory
09-08-2008, 04:29 AM
I agree about tightening up the top description. A picture banner can also really help with the look of a blog.

Woodsie
09-08-2008, 04:51 AM
I left you a little comment. :)

Madisonwrites
09-08-2008, 05:20 AM
Veinglory, I don't know how to create a banner. Can you tell me how?

Pink Ink
09-08-2008, 08:56 AM
Yeah, I'd be interested to know how, too. Other times I've tried, the banner nearly takes up the entire screen...

veinglory
09-09-2008, 02:30 AM
I generally throw together a banner in MSPublisher. Blogger will resize it for you, but otherwise I just limit it to about 500 wide and centre it. I am not webdesigner though--I just put together something simple.

If you only need something basic like I have (see below) I can probably throw something together for you on the weekend if you give me an idea of a color scheme, words and object. Just send a PM.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/veinglory/EREC.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/veinglory/Fleam2500.jpg

If you already have a banner I can tell you how to post it if you are using blogger, just let me know if it is layout or template.