Explain your User Title

MadScientistMatt

Empirical Storm Trooper
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madscientistmatt.blogspot.com
I see a lot of members who have used the Custom User Title to put in something creative, unusual, or offbeat. Some have clear meanings, others are explained in the profiles, but some I just can't figure out. So, I thought I'd start a thread in the same spirit as explaining your user name.

I chose mine not only because I sometimes enjoy snarky comments, but as a reference to one of the most off the wall pieces of epic nonsense ever written, Lewis Carrol's Hunting of the Snark. I used to be able to recite nearly every nonsense poem in Alice in Wonderland entirely from memory.

Poppy

Me, myself and I don't know
Registered
Reaction score
I've had a few so far, I plan on changing it now and then to reflect my current mood or state of mind.

Me, Myself and I Don't Know - I wrote a poem with this title once, and it basically means that to some extent, I know myself, but to another extent, I don't.

Writer of the Lost Art - inspired by Raiders of the Lost Ark

Poll and Unhappily Snog - an anagram of my name, Poppy LaDonna Hullings

Eats Life out of the box - I literally and metaphorically eat Life out of the box

pepperlandgirl

American Aquarium Drinker
Registered
Reaction score
"American Aquarium Drinker" comes from Wilco's I Am Trying to Break Your Heart which features many of my favorite all time lyrics.

I am an American aquarium drinker/I assasin down the avenune/I'm hiding out in the big city blinking/What was I thinking when I let go of you?

underthecity

Finestkind
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allensedge.com
Deleted my first entry because it didn't make sense.

My new title is Time Traveler. That and my location ID refers to the fact that I write regional history books. I guess I live in the past, and at 34 years old, I am nostalgiac for periods in which I didn't exist! So, I write about them.

underthecity

awatkins

Not harboring illegal parrot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Jenna gave me mine. It magically appeared one day!

Came about after I reached post #50 and I mentioned that I missed the good old days at the other board when Jenna awarded all the cool titles. Betty reminded me of the sad fates that sometimes befell the poor souls who actually asked for titles. I stressed the fact that I didn't ask for anything! I also had to slip Liam a few greenbacks so he wouldn't try to deport my parrots. The next day I had the title. :D
Betcha you're sorry you asked now, huh?

arrowqueen

RIP, our sarky besom
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
'Sarky besom' is just a Scots way of saying 'cheeky cow'. A 'besom' is actually a old-fashioned broom (of the witch variety) - and no, I don't know why it's used this way either.

I chose it because of my dreadful weakness for cheap jokes.

Wormo

Getting By
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.livejournal.com
unfortunatley, i'm only a Esteemed New Member :(. Let's just hope one day i'll have a post count big enough to get a custom user title!

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
I'm the moderator of the pagan and other religion forums... unimaginative, I know!

I can't for the life of me remember what it was before this? I'm going to be scratching my head all night!

Optimus

Banned
Reaction score
My old one was, "Talentless Hack."

Now, it's "Callow Pedant."

I just like to have ones that are obvious and reflective of me.

wurdwise

Banned
Reaction score
I was thinking quickly, didn't go into any deep analysis, but it occurred to me what other people would think when they saw my name was wurdwise, jeez, what a smarty pants name. So I said, yes, I know, me too, meaning I agreed. But then, once I looked at it, it took on a meaning I like better. Yes...I think I know what you are feeling about lots of things...I feel that way too.

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
Saritams8 said:
I can't for the life of me remember what it was before this? I'm going to be scratching my head all night!

Ha! I remembered! It was Ignorning Oscar Wilde. And it was that because I love Oscar Wilde. He has some very interesting ideas that I've been trying to ignore.

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
awatkins said:
Jenna gave me mine. It magically appeared one day!

Came about after I reached post #50 and I mentioned that I missed the good old days at the other board when Jenna awarded all the cool titles. Betty reminded me of the sad fates that sometimes befell the poor souls who actually asked for titles. I stressed the fact that I didn't ask for anything! I also had to slip Liam a few greenbacks so he wouldn't try to deport my parrots. The next day I had the title. :D
Betcha you're sorry you asked now, huh?

I think I remember that discussion. I wanted a cool title, too. Didn't get it.

As for mine, I really am a calm sort of person. Sort of. "Stormie" comes from being born on a stormy night, and when I was a baby and toddler (and preschooler and...) my personality was far from calm. My father always said they should've named me stormie. Now, though, I am a calm person. I AM!!!

Last edited:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Mine's a summation of life, the universe, and everything. :D

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, Mad Scientist. I will tell you what my title means.

It means I am a little bit bananas.

mudflat_marsh_hawk

Registered
Reaction score
I got so tickled by the anagram of my real name --- I put in in my title line.
Soon, I'll be shopping for another obscure title.

Brainerd T.

---the wordmaster ---
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.donthaveone.com
Mine says super member. I didn't say that. I'm just mighty humble. Nobody has ever been as humble as I am. I never, ever, brag. But Super?............

Yeah. I guess I am at that. In all modesty, that is.

Brainerd T. is just an alias. Don't tell anyone. I'm incognito. It's a Nom de plum (I haven't grown my feathers yet - when I do, I'll be a full fledged nom de plume). I have several alter egos, but Brainerd T. is not one of them. I had to change my handle because I wanted to be indiscreet.

Confused? So am I. (But I am the 23rd generational flea, who completely by-passed evolution. Those of us who didn't undergo this process became smarter and lived longer. Tell the rest later. I think I'm being spied upon. It better not be Floo.)

Alphabet

Aspiring Inspirer
Registered
Reaction score
My unpublished door-stop is an inspirational volume of thought and I am aspiring to publish it that it might inspire others. Voila! Aspiring Inspirer.

I also hope that whatever I write might inspire someone, so I guess it equally applies to each post, as well as my unpublished door-stop.