PDA

View Full Version : Explain your User Title

MadScientistMatt
04-26-2005, 12:30 AM
I see a lot of members who have used the Custom User Title to put in something creative, unusual, or offbeat. Some have clear meanings, others are explained in the profiles, but some I just can't figure out. So, I thought I'd start a thread in the same spirit as explaining your user name.

I chose mine not only because I sometimes enjoy snarky comments, but as a reference to one of the most off the wall pieces of epic nonsense ever written, Lewis Carrol's Hunting of the Snark. I used to be able to recite nearly every nonsense poem in Alice in Wonderland entirely from memory.

Poppy
04-26-2005, 12:39 AM
I've had a few so far, I plan on changing it now and then to reflect my current mood or state of mind.

Me, Myself and I Don't Know - I wrote a poem with this title once, and it basically means that to some extent, I know myself, but to another extent, I don't.

Writer of the Lost Art - inspired by Raiders of the Lost Ark

Poll and Unhappily Snog - an anagram of my name, Poppy LaDonna Hullings

Eats Life out of the box - I literally and metaphorically eat Life out of the box

pepperlandgirl
04-26-2005, 12:50 AM
"American Aquarium Drinker" comes from Wilco's I Am Trying to Break Your Heart which features many of my favorite all time lyrics.

I am an American aquarium drinker/I assasin down the avenune/I'm hiding out in the big city blinking/What was I thinking when I let go of you?

underthecity
04-26-2005, 12:57 AM
Deleted my first entry because it didn't make sense.

My new title is Time Traveler. That and my location ID refers to the fact that I write regional history books. I guess I live in the past, and at 34 years old, I am nostalgiac for periods in which I didn't exist! So, I write about them.

underthecity

Richard
04-26-2005, 01:02 AM
Mine's the thirteenth person with a fear of the number 13. Unlucky for some, I guess...

awatkins
04-26-2005, 01:25 AM
Jenna gave me mine. It magically appeared one day!

Came about after I reached post #50 and I mentioned that I missed the good old days at the other board when Jenna awarded all the cool titles. Betty reminded me of the sad fates that sometimes befell the poor souls who actually asked for titles. I stressed the fact that I didn't ask for anything! I also had to slip Liam a few greenbacks so he wouldn't try to deport my parrots. The next day I had the title. :D
Betcha you're sorry you asked now, huh?

JoeEkaitis
04-26-2005, 01:34 AM
Disneyland: Est. 1955

Me: Born in 1955.

That's it. No, really.

arrowqueen
04-26-2005, 01:42 AM
'Sarky besom' is just a Scots way of saying 'cheeky cow'. A 'besom' is actually a old-fashioned broom (of the witch variety) - and no, I don't know why it's used this way either.

I chose it because of my dreadful weakness for cheap jokes.

Wormo
04-26-2005, 02:08 AM
unfortunatley, i'm only a Esteemed New Member :(. Let's just hope one day i'll have a post count big enough to get a custom user title!

Sarita
04-26-2005, 02:20 AM
I'm the moderator of the pagan and other religion forums... unimaginative, I know!

I can't for the life of me remember what it was before this? I'm going to be scratching my head all night!

maestrowork
04-26-2005, 02:25 AM
Mine is self-explanatory.

Optimus
04-26-2005, 02:29 AM
My old one was, "Talentless Hack."

Now, it's "Callow Pedant."

I just like to have ones that are obvious and reflective of me.

wurdwise
04-26-2005, 02:51 AM
I was thinking quickly, didn't go into any deep analysis, but it occurred to me what other people would think when they saw my name was wurdwise, jeez, what a smarty pants name. So I said, yes, I know, me too, meaning I agreed. But then, once I looked at it, it took on a meaning I like better. Yes...I think I know what you are feeling about lots of things...I feel that way too.

Sarita
04-26-2005, 02:54 AM
I can't for the life of me remember what it was before this? I'm going to be scratching my head all night!

Ha! I remembered! It was Ignorning Oscar Wilde. And it was that because I love Oscar Wilde. He has some very interesting ideas that I've been trying to ignore.

Galoot
04-26-2005, 02:55 AM
I forget.

stormie
04-26-2005, 03:01 AM
Jenna gave me mine. It magically appeared one day!

Came about after I reached post #50 and I mentioned that I missed the good old days at the other board when Jenna awarded all the cool titles. Betty reminded me of the sad fates that sometimes befell the poor souls who actually asked for titles. I stressed the fact that I didn't ask for anything! I also had to slip Liam a few greenbacks so he wouldn't try to deport my parrots. The next day I had the title. :D
Betcha you're sorry you asked now, huh?

I think I remember that discussion. I wanted a cool title, too. Didn't get it.

As for mine, I really am a calm sort of person. Sort of. "Stormie" comes from being born on a stormy night, and when I was a baby and toddler (and preschooler and...) my personality was far from calm. My father always said they should've named me stormie. Now, though, I am a calm person. I AM!!!

CaoPaux
04-26-2005, 03:03 AM
Mine's a summation of life, the universe, and everything. :D

maestrowork
04-26-2005, 04:36 AM
My previous one was "Resident Bug Chef" -- again, self-explanatory. Jenna gave that to me.

rhymegirl
04-26-2005, 04:39 AM
Okay, Mad Scientist. I will tell you what my title means.

It means I am a little bit bananas.

mudflat_marsh_hawk
04-26-2005, 04:50 AM
I got so tickled by the anagram of my real name --- I put in in my title line.
Soon, I'll be shopping for another obscure title.

maestrowork
04-26-2005, 04:52 AM
Okay, Mad Scientist. I will tell you what my title means.

It means I am a little bit bananas.

:banana:

zizban
04-26-2005, 05:04 AM
I am always plotting to crush those that oppose me. So far, I'm only lord of the computer den but next week it could be the world mwuhahahahahaha!!

Brainerd T.
04-26-2005, 05:05 AM
Mine says super member. I didn't say that. I'm just mighty humble. Nobody has ever been as humble as I am. I never, ever, brag. But Super?............

Yeah. I guess I am at that. In all modesty, that is.

Brainerd T. is just an alias. Don't tell anyone. I'm incognito. It's a Nom de plum (I haven't grown my feathers yet - when I do, I'll be a full fledged nom de plume). I have several alter egos, but Brainerd T. is not one of them. I had to change my handle because I wanted to be indiscreet.

Confused? So am I. (But I am the 23rd generational flea, who completely by-passed evolution. Those of us who didn't undergo this process became smarter and lived longer. Tell the rest later. I think I'm being spied upon. It better not be Floo.)

WVWriterGirl
04-26-2005, 05:20 AM
I have several tattoos, and I'm a mom. There ya go.

WVWG

Alphabet
04-26-2005, 06:10 AM
My unpublished door-stop is an inspirational volume of thought and I am aspiring to publish it that it might inspire others. Voila! Aspiring Inspirer.

I also hope that whatever I write might inspire someone, so I guess it equally applies to each post, as well as my unpublished door-stop.

sgtsdaughter
04-26-2005, 06:25 AM
Writes for beer and smokes . . . as play on that fact that often a writer's pay is low, and well . . . You can figure out the rest.

Not to mention that a few articles I wrote for a local yokel rag paid in dinner and beer. Sad, I know, and I can say that now I get paid considerably better--although I the pay is still for beer and smokes. ;)

Elincoln
04-26-2005, 06:27 AM
Sleepless in Dreamland

I'm a fantasy writer and spend most of my time daydreaming about the worlds and characters I invent. Sometimes I spend whole nights just laying in bed and going through complete scenes and events (one night I went through half a novel) while trying to go to sleep. I wake up in the morning tired, but inspired. It's the same in the daytime. I've had times when I'm working around the house and so immersed in my own fantasy world that...well it gets embarrassing.

-Elaine

brokenfingers
04-26-2005, 06:31 AM
I liken my learning of the writing craft to a journey and so it relates to the road I am walking to learn the craft and become published.

But my life has also been a series of adventures, ups and downs, accidents, mishaps, boons and blessings that all conspired to lead me right here - at this exact moment - writing this post.

So I often consider myself just a guy walking the road of life, happy and content as he makes his way, enjoying the pitstops along the way.

But of course - with all that sunshine must come rain, and with laughter must come pain, and the warm sunlight and the balmy breeze must sometimes give way to storms and darkness and cold.

Yet still I plod on.

Alphabet
04-26-2005, 06:41 AM
I hope you don't mind if I do...

With all that sunshine must come rain,
and with laughter must come pain,
and the warm sunlight and the balmy breeze
give way to storms and cold darkness

William Haskins
04-26-2005, 08:34 AM
"eighth deadly sin" is an anagram for "a delighted shiny".

book_maven
04-26-2005, 08:43 AM
What interesting stories each of you has! I use this because books are a big part of my life: I review them, I read them, I love them, I collect them. I am also a book design judge for a national contest, and I am the book maven (expert) for an NPR radio show about books and the writing and publishing processes.

Dawno
04-26-2005, 08:51 AM
I'm a geezerette because I'm a female geezer. I earned every grey hair and I'm proud of it.

Fractured_Chaos
04-26-2005, 12:55 PM
I'm sorry, What was the question again?

Hey! Lookie there!

Ooooohhh...Shiney!

Er... *blinks* What was the question again?

Liam Jackson
04-26-2005, 12:57 PM
Easy enough. I'm saving for a vacation.

Yeshanu
04-26-2005, 04:45 PM
It took me forever (well, at least ten minutes) to find this thread:

http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4131&page=2&pp=25

which explains why I don't like pigeons. I decided when we got the new board that since I can't get rid of the birds, I might as well turn them into something edible...

awatkins
04-26-2005, 06:26 PM
But you like parrots, right, Ruth? They're harmless sweet little creatures, really they are. Besides, my parrots are so old they'd be tough and stringy and really wouldn't make good pigeon-parrot pot pies.

thistle
04-26-2005, 08:11 PM
I stole "Hipster Doofus" from that Seinfeld episode where Kramer falls in love with the woman in the wheel chair. She broke up with him and called him a hipster doofus.

My husband thought that was so funny because I look and act normal, but I am so clumsy. He insists I'm a hipster doofus. (I am remarkably clumsy; I once fell out of a chair at a job interview--I got the job, though.)

allion
04-26-2005, 08:46 PM
I used to have "Rocking in the free world" from the Neil Young song. "Keep on Rocking in the free world" just doesn't fit, though.

I wanted "Dazed, confused, prone to wandering" but that wouldn't fit.

I sense a theme - my titles won't fit!

I'm now "prone to wandering" because that describes my writing. I start things, I forget about them, I find them years later and wonder WTF was I thinking.

Karen

Betty W01
04-27-2005, 01:59 AM
On the old boards, Jenna made me a co-administrator with her and Amy since she did not have time to keep up with spamming, crazies, etc. and I was (at the time) on the boards several hours a day, every day. Afterwards, when she told me what she'd done, she said that if I didn't like the title "Co-administrator", I could choose my own title. So, I jokingly replied, "Cool, then I'd like to be "Empress of the Cyberworld"! She took me at my word... and so - here I am, Empress of the Cyberworld, with my own little smiley empress picture. Oh, sure, I could change it to a title more fitting (maybe "Raving beauty" .. or just "Raving"...) but I've become used to being Empress and am loath to abdicate.

Moral of the story: be careful what you ask for. You may get it. And then you might like it.

mistri
04-27-2005, 02:08 AM
I sneeze, therefore I am.

I'm allergic to animals, dust and pollen, and don't think I've ever gone a day without sneezing. Plus, I quite often do a stupidly comical squeak at the end of my sneeze, which means I'm quite well known for my annoyingly sniffly habit.

DreamWeaver
04-27-2005, 02:15 AM
Mine's one of the obvious ones: I'm a fool for Shakespeare.

Lately I've been jotting down Shakespeare quotations that describe Shemp, that idiot over on the PA board. But I haven't posted any of them, because--well, because it'd really be like taking out a mosquito with a howitzer.http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

I am enjoying reading everyone's backstories!

Kris

Mr Underhill
04-27-2005, 02:32 AM
Unfortunately I was not able to choose my user title. It is simply a progression on the "Esteemed New Member" and "One of the Locals" line. I had great hopes for choosing a title, but as you will recall upon reaching 50 posts I was suddenly saddled with the title Dangerous Newcomer. I believe this is simply what happens at 50 posts with a minus ten reputation. (Choosing a custom icon was achievable, possibly a bug in the system.)

Similarly, at 100 posts (still with a net negative reputation) I was given this moniker. It must be the software. The whole situation is really quite unfair, as I always strive to post only accurate, thoroughly researched material, as evidenced here.

:Shrug:

Susie
04-28-2005, 02:32 AM
Mine is Fillerlady, etc. 'cause I'm a lady who writes fillers, plus other stuff. Not too exciting, but it fits. lol.

warm regards, susie:)

reph
04-28-2005, 06:19 AM
I'm lousy at literal dancing. I like working and playing with words. "Words" looks and sounds something like "wolves."

Marisa Louise
04-30-2005, 12:31 PM
Ah, yes!

Well you see, it's really quite an ellaborate story........

As an "esteemed new member" on the Absolute Write forums, I was simply intrigued by the seemingly endless amount of topics and threads to post in at this writer's community.

As I began to write, a strange and miraculous process began to occur. I began to grow and accumulate posts and thus began my metamorphosis.

Although my mutation has yet to be completed, I am currently at the phase in which is titled the "Super Member" mutation.

I am what they call a "newbie" to this community, and have not completely adapted, thus I have not yet acquired any of the tell-tale signs of a full-blown addict of the Absolute Write forums; a neon green blob.

I am merely a little one amongst the crowd. I am not yet as strong as many of the others of my kind, but I have learned that in this wonderful institution, with reading, nurturing, tweaking and some critiquing, I will nourish my skill and become strong.

It is then, and only then, that I will evolve into my true self, in which I will be able to appropriately title the piece of work that is me.

rhymegirl
04-30-2005, 04:02 PM
Life has presented me with a number of frustrating situations as of late, so I feel my only recourse is to flee!

Fractured_Chaos
04-30-2005, 05:10 PM
Life has presented me with a number of frustrating situations as of late, so I feel my only recourse is to flee!

Take me with you!

Mr Underhill
04-30-2005, 07:27 PM
Mine is Fillerlady, etc. 'cause I'm a lady who writes fillers, plus other stuff. Not too exciting, but it fits. lol.

warm regards, susie:)

Susie, I feel must tell you that whenever I see your closing, I misread it as warm regards & sushi. Probably due to your avatar picture.

Mmm... sushi... :Coffee:

Sarita
06-28-2005, 12:43 AM
*Bump*

This really should be an ongoing thread!

A Sad Tomato- From the song Crush with eyeliner (REM)

rhymegirl
06-28-2005, 12:49 AM
You're right, Sara. It should be an ongoing thread.

I changed mine to "Roll With It Baby" cause one morning while driving in my car I heard Steve Winwood singing this song on the radio and I really like it. Plus, it's a good way to view the things that happen to you in life.

JoeEkaitis
06-28-2005, 01:59 AM
Disneyland and me: Est. 1955

JennaGlatzer
06-28-2005, 02:03 AM
Joe, love your error messages.

My new title is because MacAllister sent me blueberry jam (and other delicious goodies)! :banana:

sgtsdaughter
06-28-2005, 02:05 AM
because i recently gave my advisor a draft of my dissertation . . . now the revision process has begun.

rhymegirl
06-28-2005, 02:06 AM
My new title is because MacAllister sent me blueberry jam (and other delicious goodies)! :banana:

That was very nice of her. :)

JoeEkaitis
06-28-2005, 02:36 AM
Joe, love your error messages.Why, thank 'e kindly, Ma'am. I'll keep postin' 'em until I post one that gets me thrown out. ;)

VOTE_BOT
06-28-2005, 02:40 AM
Everyone hates me.

Unique
06-28-2005, 03:17 AM
Everyone hates me.

No, they don't. They just have a hard time reconciling your sweet, cuddly avatar with your sick, twisted nature. It's to be expected.

rhymegirl
06-28-2005, 03:24 AM
Everyone hates me.

What are you complaining about this time? And why do you think you're hated?

poetinahat
06-28-2005, 03:28 AM
You're assuming he (she?) doesn't want to be hated. As every nice boy knows, the bad boys get the chicks. (Vice versa as well, as well as all other permutations.)

Unique
06-28-2005, 03:32 AM
You're assuming he (she?) doesn't want to be hated. As every nice boy knows, the bad boys get the chicks. (Vice versa as well, as well as all other permutations.)

Well, of course! That's why we keep loving VoteBot - because he hates it!

(See my user title for explanation.)*

*this offer only good until I change it again*

poetinahat
06-28-2005, 03:41 AM
Well, of course! That's why we keep loving VoteBot - because he hates it!

This is why men go mad.

Unique
06-28-2005, 03:53 AM
This is why men go mad.

Thank you.

I think my next title will be 'crazymaker'. Think it fits?

poetinahat
06-28-2005, 03:58 AM
Thank you.

I think my next title will be 'crazymaker'. Think it fits?

Heh. Yes. Even if it doesn't, you can always grow into it!

Riddle for you: How do you catch a unique rabbit?

OneTeam OneDream
06-28-2005, 04:05 AM
My username, title and avatar are all based on my book.

Holy **** I'm original!

Unique
06-28-2005, 04:10 AM
Riddle for you: How do you catch a unique rabbit?

Tell me, I'm all ears....

Unique
06-28-2005, 04:11 AM
My username, title and avatar are all based on my book.

Holy **** I'm original!

And don't you ever forget it!

OneTeam OneDream
06-28-2005, 05:17 AM
And don't you ever forget it!

I sense your sarcasm.....or maybe that was the pizza I ate earlier.

poetinahat
06-28-2005, 05:37 AM
Tell me, I'm all ears....

So to speak....

Answer: Unique up on it!

Sarita
06-28-2005, 05:27 PM
Because it's going on and I want to be there.

Nicholas S.H.J.M Woodhouse
06-28-2005, 06:08 PM
It is quality so far. Just seen Ancic get ripped apart.

I am a board fanatic.

Sarita
06-28-2005, 06:12 PM
It is quality so far. Just seen Ancic get ripped apart. Rub it in! Here I am, working... relying on live updates on the web. Sighhh.... maybe next year. There's always the US Open (never as good, though, is it?)

(you can change your user title to what ever you want it to be now, Nique :))

smallthunder
06-28-2005, 06:29 PM
So to speak....

Answer: Unique up on it!

Hey, Poetinahat -- I heard that joke in a slightly different way, and with a second part:

How do you catch a "unique" rabbit?
You 'nique up on it!

And how do you catch a tame rabbit?
'Tame way -- you 'nique up on it!

That used to be my sister's favorite joke -- drove me crazy!

In any case ... moving right along ... I chose "Ruled by Dachshunds" for two reasons:
It's true & it sounded better than "Bullied by Dachshunds"
(I tell you, these two weiner dogs here are spoiled rotten!).

TheNightTerror
06-28-2005, 07:16 PM
I just changed my user title, it was the first thing I thought of. One of my friends was harrassing me about being such a pervert, and said to the video camera I had handy, "She just talks like this because she's a CLOSET PERVERT! Except she's kinda out of the closet. She's a basement pervert! That's so much better too, by the way."

Now I'm known as the basement pervert around my friends because of that little video clip. Not that I'm complaining, it's a good way to warn anyone who's polite and sophisticated that I'm not. :cool:

WriteRead
06-28-2005, 08:57 PM
WriteRead is self-explanatory: I consider myself a writer and they say that a writer has, but HAS to read, no joke here :) .
Here and only in writing forums I use the WriteRead handle for obvious reasons, just to go along w something that fits the venue.

For any other use, my other handle is "dbjes", which I use since Oct., 2000, when I first dived into the www.
I didn't change it since then, neither did I change my password since then, BTW, at least the basic one, unless they ask for more characters than I use.

"Dieu et mon Droit" is the motto on the shield of the British royal family, IIRC, and it means ijn French "God and my Right", meaning "... right hand", meaning that I put my faith in Him and then I do my thing. Yes, I do believe in God. You can read my "I Believe" in Christian Forum, p. 2.

So write, okay!? And read, okay!? http://absolutewrite.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

Dan

poetinahat
06-29-2005, 02:46 AM
And how do you catch a tame rabbit?
'Tame way -- you 'nique up on it!

Yours is better. Can I upgrade?

My title: Hitchhikers' Guide fans will recognise the reference (the Guide's description of Earth as a planet: "Mostly harmless"). Just a play with words that I thought people would see and think, "Wha...? Oh" (and, I hope, "ha ha!").

smallthunder
06-29-2005, 03:48 PM
Yours is better. Can I upgrade?

Take my sister's riddle/joke ... please!

That actually was her favorite when we were in high school. We went to school in New Canaan (CT) -- which (ahem) I'm sure you all know, was listed in the "Preppy Handbook" as THE preppiest town in America.
[We moved there from New York City. We spoke funny. We hated New Canaan.]

My favorite riddle/joke while attending New Canaan High School was:

Q: Why did the first monkey fall out the tree?
A: Because it was dead.

Q: Why did the second monkey fall out of the tree?
A: Because it was stapled to the first monkey.

Q: Why did the third monkey fall out of the tree?
A: Peer pressure.
:banana: Sorry, getting a bit 'off topic' here ...

Sarita
06-29-2005, 04:31 PM
Because today is the first day of Summer session....

poetinahat
06-29-2005, 04:46 PM
We went to school in New Canaan (CT) -- which (ahem) I'm sure you all know, was listed in the "Preppy Handbook" as THE preppiest town in America.
[We moved there from New York City. We spoke funny. We hated New Canaan.]

Ah, the old jokes are the best jokes! I'll never forget seeing Henny Youngman perform at the Empire Deli in Boston - freshman year, college. Every joke he told, I'd heard umpteen times before. Never laughed that hard in all my life, though; even "Take my wife... please!" brought howls.

Have/had friends from New Canaan and towns around. And yes, I remember the Preppy Handbook! Got three copies of it for my birthday in the same year.

Thanks for bringing back the memories! Going now to put Haircut One Hundred on the stereo (yes, the LP).

Sarita
07-07-2005, 01:18 AM
Son Tantas Noches: Because I'm not dreaming lately.

PattiTheWicked
07-07-2005, 01:30 AM
Take my sister's riddle/joke ... please!

My all time favorite jokes are an elephant joke and a blonde joke.

Q: What do you do with an elephant that has three balls?
A: Walk him, and pitch to the hippo.

Q: How do you know a blonde is having a bad day?
A; She can't find her pencil and there's a tampon tucked behind her ear.

:::runs away from thrown objects:::

biotales
07-07-2005, 02:32 AM
gee let me see........... name Biotales..... sorta makes you think I write Biographies.... about .... dare I say.... History makers.......
Hummmmmmmmmmmmm there might be a reason there....
:)

AprilBoo
07-07-2005, 04:40 AM
I'm still saddled with "new member" because I can't seem to think of anything to say.

I don't even know any good jokes.

PattiTheWicked
07-07-2005, 05:18 AM
I don't even know any good jokes.

Neither do the rest of us, but it doesn't stop us from posting 'em :)

robeiae
07-07-2005, 05:25 AM
Q: What do you do with an elephant that has three balls?
A: Walk him, and pitch to the hippo.

Rhino...rhino!!

Rob :)

SRHowen
07-07-2005, 07:27 AM
well it was more boxes--now because of a dumb a appraiser and other dumb A's the deal fell through and we are left scrambling trying to get the money back we put into the deal--even though it was the seller who is saying no deal.

Think I will go back to in need of lint brush--that's always true around here. Though right now I could use a good shoulder to sob on and strong arms to keep from killing someone.

PattiTheWicked
07-07-2005, 07:43 AM
Rhino...rhino!!

No, no, the rhino always bunts.

Eveningsdawn
07-09-2005, 04:53 AM
Mine is because the worst I ever frightened someone was when I put this in the subject line of an email to him:

Hello, CD. I know your address. And that's not all...

He didn't know me - a friend had told me to email him. *bwahaha...* And there is nothing worse than a creepy person who knows where you live.

Terrible joke -
Q: How do you make a hormone?
A: Kick her in the rear.

Say it out loud. You'll get it.

MadScientistMatt
07-19-2005, 01:01 AM
My new title was inspired by how some people seem to think that The Conspiracy is keeping their cause hushed up or their efforts from taking off, such as a certain "Traditional Publisher" and their favorite scapegoat. Sometimes the "conspiracy" is nothing more than the opinions of normal society. And to people who are talking about that sort of conspiracy... I am one of THEM.

WriteRead
07-19-2005, 02:58 AM
"She Who Must Be Obeyed" - Dominatrix? Ooh-wah! Run, man, run!

Dan

Optimus
07-19-2005, 11:32 AM
Because I'm so sweet.

reph
07-19-2005, 11:57 AM
Terrible joke -
Q: How do you make a hormone?
A: Kick her in the rear.

Say it out loud. You'll get it.
I found subvocalization sufficient.

brokenfingers
11-05-2005, 10:17 AM
OK, we have a whole cadre of new blood here now as well as older members who have changed theirs.

Go ahead.

'Fess up...

Dawno
11-05-2005, 10:35 AM
I won the Purple Prose contest so I thought I'd earned a new title. :)

Lyra Jean
11-05-2005, 10:59 AM
testing.....

oh it says I'm a board fanatic. I don't know how to change it. I think I'll just wait for it to change at will. Even if I knew how to change it I wouldn't know what to put.

kristie911
11-05-2005, 11:10 AM
I read a quote once that said: "I am free to write the worst crap in the world."

I loved it but the whole thing wouldn't fit, so I shortened it a bit.

Lyra Jean
11-05-2005, 11:19 AM
yah okay I just saw how to change mine so I did.

Alright my dad named after a princess from outer space from a book he read in high school. I'm still looking for the book cause I want to read it.

I blame him for my love of science fiction. He made me watch Star Trek and Planet of the Apes with him. It's because of that that I am a writer of science fiction today.

Go speculation!

Moondancer
11-05-2005, 03:56 PM
Perpetual WIP... means I'm a work in progress that won't be finished until the day I die... As we learn, change opinions, change goals, make new goals, have dreams, accomplishments, and so on we change and so does the story of our life. we can't know the final product until it's done.

Shwebb
11-05-2005, 04:09 PM
I had my own picture up--realized how much I hate looking at myself.

So I went back to being anonymous. With a moose picture. Call it a tribute to our friends in the Great White North.

Hey, Dawno, my son LOVES your headgear! "Who's the lady with the sparkly things on her head?" (He'll be four in a couple of weeks.)

rhymegirl
11-05-2005, 07:08 PM
Wait a minute....I have to check mine first, I forgot what I put. I've had so many, many, many titles.

Current one: Postess with the Mostess--pretty self-explanatory. I have the most posts of all the females here at AW. Don't ya think that's some feat?

JoeEkaitis
11-05-2005, 07:51 PM
A far more noble venture than the motion picture title it parodies, and because no studio will ever produce a movie about an everyday working schlub getting a children's book published.

Mrs.Firefly
11-06-2005, 02:56 AM
Mrs.Firefly is one of my favorite fictional characters. that's why i chose my user name to be what it is.

TemlynWriting
11-08-2005, 11:51 PM
Mine currently says: "Wickedly Defying Gravity"

I went to see the Broadway musical "Wicked" last weekend, and "Defying Gravity" is a song that Elphaba (The "Wicked" Witch of the West) sings, along with G(a)linda, The "Good" Witch. I fell in love with the story and the music a while back, but it was a JOY to see the musical!

samgail
11-09-2005, 06:00 AM
My job involves sports and specifically right now, college football. Tailgating is a dangerous event that precedes the football game and involves food, drink and fun. Jello shots are everywhere on game day and they terrify me.

Bartholomew
04-02-2008, 11:31 AM
Actually, this thread needs to be on page one anyway.

House Ravenclaw Prefect. Clearly, I used to be a Harry Potter nut. o.o

Sonneillon
04-02-2008, 12:11 PM
Autophobia is "fear of being alone", and a misanthrope dislikes being with people. It's a deliberate contradiction in terms.

BTW, Bart...
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a114/gabrielle174/avatars/slythlj2.jpg

brokenfingers
04-02-2008, 12:34 PM
"Run and tell all the angels"

My selection of user titles is, of course, limited by character space. But I liked this one which comes from a song by the Foo Fighters. I saw it and found it apt for my purposes.

How else does one spread the word that one has emerged from the Underworld, wide-eyed and exhilarated, with prize in hand?

And how better to warn those who are next on my list?

HeronW
04-02-2008, 12:49 PM
I had 'mad bad and dangerous to know' borrowed from Oscar Wilde but that didn't go with a heron, sigh, so flying at the speed of DARK fits better. Considering that Black Holes swallow light, they're faster yes? Or else they catch the slow lights... or the ones who are looking the oher way and aren't paying attention...BWA HAHAHAHAHAA!

Mr Flibble
04-02-2008, 12:53 PM
It saves a lot of explaining.

Bmwhtly
04-02-2008, 12:53 PM
I would point out that mine is latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impassable"

But instead I think I'll mock Bart for having such an empty life that he's prepared to rummage around to find a thread last used in 2005.

Eskimo1990
04-02-2008, 01:48 PM
Mine "Goodbye my Almost Lover" is from a song that I like by A Fine Frenzy, called "Almost Lover" It is my user title because I just said goodbye to an almost lover a couple of days ago.

Devil Ledbetter
04-02-2008, 03:16 PM
At the moment, mine is a lyric from the song Steam Engine by My Morning Jacket.

DWSTXS
04-02-2008, 06:21 PM
Mine is: DWSTXS, which is just my initials (dws) and the initials I came up with for texas (txs)

Accroches-toi ton rve , is french from an ELO song, and it means: 'hold on tight to your dreams'.

the quote in my sig line, is from the Jethro Tull song - 'Thick as a Brick'

Jersey Chick
04-02-2008, 06:37 PM
Mine is a twist on Charles Schulz's Happiness is a warm puppy from the Peanuts comic.

And happiness is a warm tiger, innit?

JLCwrites
04-02-2008, 07:56 PM
Rain Dancer - Because I live in the Pacific Northwest.

Thats quite a bump Mr. Bart.

Shady Lane
04-02-2008, 07:59 PM
"I now walk into the wild."

I had an Into The Wild av for like, a second, so I tapped that on there.

The Into The Wild av is gone, but I really love that line.

Cranky
04-02-2008, 08:04 PM
I'm Cranky because that's the mood I was in when I joined up.

I change the usertitle on a whim. Right now, it's reflecting the hangover I have from yesterday's shenanigans.

jessicaorr
04-02-2008, 08:10 PM
My user name is uncreative- just my name. My current title is Super Bibliophile because I'm, well... a super bibliophile :D It's a play on the default super member.

JoeEkaitis
04-02-2008, 08:42 PM
Changes when the avatar changes. You don't often see a lion feeding a knuckle sandwich to a unicorn. And frankly, don't we all feel the same way about 99.88572485802398457104356% of unicorn-related art?

Hillary
04-03-2008, 12:57 AM
My user title was gifted to me by a lovely member of AW. Apparently, I say such strange and mind boggling things sometimes, I force brains to create brand new neural pathways. :)

rhymegirl
04-03-2008, 01:43 AM
My User title is just so complex. I hope I can explain it in such a way that makes sense.

It means that April Fool's Day is over.

Ken
04-03-2008, 01:53 AM
I'd like to hear rhymegirl explain her "location."
That's had me curious ever since I first layed eyes on it.

rhymegirl
04-03-2008, 02:12 AM
I'd like to hear rhymegirl explain her "location."
That's had me curious ever since I first layed eyes on it.

Ah. That is exactly the effect I had hoped for.

Serenity
04-03-2008, 04:05 AM
Mine is a play on one of my favorite shows, The Deadliest Catch, and 'Returns', cause well I brought it back. The location is me waiting for the Deadliest Catch season to start on the Discovery Channel. :D

LaceWing
04-03-2008, 07:02 AM
It's all in how you look at it.

maxmordon
04-03-2008, 07:03 AM
Jefe is Chief and Generalisimo is a title imposed by some dictators

Sage
04-03-2008, 07:14 AM
Mailee is my WIP's main character. There's a pop song by Miley Cyrus (Miley and Mailee are pronounced the same) with a line "Oh, she's just being Miley," so I'm playing off of it.

Joe270
04-03-2008, 10:31 AM
Hmmm. I think I've done this before, but for those who don't know.

I used to live in Texas, from Austin, lived in S.A.Tx. for 14 years before I went west to Vegas a couple years ago.

The compass degrees for west is 270, Joe is my first name.

So, it's westward Joe.

Sorta like westward Ho. (Sorry, ladies.)

I thought it was funny. No one else has ever gotten it. Oh, well.

Jo
04-03-2008, 10:53 AM
*Snazmrazmbrzm no fleas on me*

Muttley is flea free, but I'm sure there's a bug or two lurking here somewhere.

JennaGlatzer
04-03-2008, 11:35 AM
La la la... linoleum!: From Bert and Ernie's La La La song, as covered by the Barenaked Ladies on the For the Kids CD, volume 1. Complete lyrics to the Bert and Ernie version are here: http://www.lyricsdownload.com/sesame-street-la-la-la-lyrics.html

Unique
04-03-2008, 12:00 PM
It's a mystery. Goes with my avatar.

BTW - where's MadScientistMatt these days? Anyone see him?

oswann
04-03-2008, 01:08 PM
This thread is stupid.

Os.