Update on Our Good Pard Festus

JeanneTGC

I *am* Catwoman...and Gini Koch
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
Hi all,

Wanted to let you all know I've heard from Festus and he came through his surgery very well.

He was in surgery for 2 hours, which was longer than expected, but the medical staff took excellent care of him and he's home now. :partyguy: He expects it to take a while to fully heal, but it sounds like he's doing much better.

I know he appreciates any prayers or good thoughts being sent his way, and he hopes to be back in the saddle with us soon.

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Good to know, thanks for the update!

-Derek

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Super news. Thanks for the update.

Get well soon, Festus.....

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
If you're inclined, I don't see why anyone who wants can't send Festus a short pm. That way he knows we're all thinking of him. I just told him I expect him to spend his recovering time thinking up a good challenge topic to get us all going again. Puma

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:e2flowersYAY! Feel better soon, okay?
Or else -->>:guns:

Deleted member 42

Please let him know we're thinking of him, and keeping his tack clean.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
This is great to hear. I don't usually peek in the Western genre discussions, but I saw Festus' name in the title and had to take a look. He's been a semiregular at the Sunday Flash Fiction Challenges (look under Writing Prompts and Exercises - it'd sure be great to have more folks there on Sunday evenings writing flash fiction), and he's always made good comments my stories. He made a comment in July about being in pain and not writing any more until his back got fixed, so it's good to see it's been done and he came through it okay. I'm looking forward to seeing him again over there.

Get well soon, Festus! :)

Festus

No limits to imagination
Registered
Reaction score
Dear Friends,

Thank you so much for your kind words, I really appreciate them. My recovery will take some time, but I'm VERY glad I had the operation.

Basically, the surgeon went into the lumbar region at the base of my spine to remove a bony mass primarily caused by arthritus. The doctor told me they expected a large mass, but when they went in, it was twice the size they'd anticipated. I spent a little over two hours in surgery. I'm still on pain meds, can't lift much over five pounds. This is galling to me but the good news is that I no longer feel that I have a dagger stuck in my lower back! Pain is still there, but now somewhat diminished and I hope it keeps going in that direction!

Again, thank you you all for your kind words and thoughts!

Your friend,

Ol' Festus

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Good to hear you're on the mend! Must be hell, but slowly and surely will win out eventually.

-Derek

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Glad you're feeling better. Pain sure is an energy waster, eh?

Are ya riding soft saddle? ;)