Supertaster Test

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
I'm not spending money on something that's pretty much useless knowledge. Does it matter if I'm a supertaster or a non-taster? Not really. I know what I like and that's really what matters, not if I fit into someone else's (money making) categories.

But I find wine astrigent and don't like veggies. So I must be SuperTaster!

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
Assuming it's the same test, I've done it twice. Once in a biology class in high school and a second time in an anthropology lab in college. I don't remember my results the first time but the second time, while I didn't taste anything too strong, I must have some "super" taste buds. Every now and then vegetables (particularly lettuce) taste bitter, other times not.

It was interesting in class because we were comparing results in a large group--same as figuring out how many people can roll their tongues. You know right away who's a strong super taster. While everyone else is shrugging their shoulders, the super tasters are gagging and asking for a glass of water.

RedandGold

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know about this test - but I have done a test - basically I dyed my tongue blue and counted how many tastebuds there were in a certain area - google supertaster to find out how to do it at home.

The results - I am a super taster. the good news though is that even a super taster can train themselves to appreciate the taste of bitter veggies!

Kitrianna

Official Bad Cat's Prez
Registered
Reaction score
In one of THOSE moods. Look out people, no one is
Ah but getting over the bitterness of pickled stuff can be a bit harder. Trust me I know. Pickled beets aren't so bad. But beets are sweet which counteracts the pickling brine. And I too have learned to love the mild bitterness of many vegetables...except yellow squash...ICK!