PDA

View Full Version : Supertaster Test

Fraulein
08-25-2008, 08:23 PM
Are you a supertaster, a taster, or a non-taster?

http://www.supertastertest.com/

I really want to try this test, but I don't know if it actually works. Has anyone ever tried this test before?

:popcorn:

Shadow_Ferret
08-25-2008, 08:32 PM
I'm not spending money on something that's pretty much useless knowledge. Does it matter if I'm a supertaster or a non-taster? Not really. I know what I like and that's really what matters, not if I fit into someone else's (money making) categories.

But I find wine astrigent and don't like veggies. So I must be SuperTaster!

Fraulein
08-26-2008, 08:10 AM
Shadow Ferret's a supertaster. Na Na Nuh Boo Boo. :tongue

katiemac
08-26-2008, 08:43 AM
Assuming it's the same test, I've done it twice. Once in a biology class in high school and a second time in an anthropology lab in college. I don't remember my results the first time but the second time, while I didn't taste anything too strong, I must have some "super" taste buds. Every now and then vegetables (particularly lettuce) taste bitter, other times not.

It was interesting in class because we were comparing results in a large group--same as figuring out how many people can roll their tongues. You know right away who's a strong super taster. While everyone else is shrugging their shoulders, the super tasters are gagging and asking for a glass of water.

shawkins
08-27-2008, 12:25 AM
Not me. After 15 years of cigarettes I'm lucky to taste mustard.

RedandGold
08-27-2008, 12:52 AM
I don't know about this test - but I have done a test - basically I dyed my tongue blue and counted how many tastebuds there were in a certain area - google supertaster to find out how to do it at home.

The results - I am a super taster. the good news though is that even a super taster can train themselves to appreciate the taste of bitter veggies!

Kitrianna
08-28-2008, 09:47 PM
Ah but getting over the bitterness of pickled stuff can be a bit harder. Trust me I know. Pickled beets aren't so bad. But beets are sweet which counteracts the pickling brine. And I too have learned to love the mild bitterness of many vegetables...except yellow squash...ICK!