PDA

View Full Version : Should I add her?

Project nachonaco
08-25-2008, 02:14 AM
I have a Facebook for personal friends.

One of my teachers that I went back and talked to last week apparently HAS a Facebook. Should I add her? We've already made plans to have coffee at the university (she teaches a course there too). Out of boredom, I decided to look and see if she HAD a Facebook. She does.

Do I ask her if I can add her? Or do I go ahead? (since that's what I did with my other friends) I mean, she can decline if she wants, right?

(For reference, she's not all that much older than me. Like, 8-10 years older, something like that. Still young)

txgrl
08-25-2008, 02:26 AM
I'd talk about it with her first. . . or did you already?

Project nachonaco
08-25-2008, 02:30 AM
Not yet.

txgrl
08-25-2008, 02:53 AM
I would ask her if she wants students added. Some teachers get into trouble about that sort of thing. . .

Project nachonaco
08-25-2008, 02:55 AM
I would ask her if she wants students added. Some teachers get into trouble about that sort of thing. . .

I graduated last year. She also has another student from the same graduating class added.

Bayou Bill
08-25-2008, 03:08 AM
Teachers is people, too.

Add her if the two of you are of a like mind.

Bayou Bill :cool:

JJ Cooper
08-25-2008, 03:26 AM
Add her. She can always ignore or decline the invite. I search for writers I don't know personally and invite them. They always accept the invite and add me to their list. I have met some great authors this way and exchange emails with a few of them now.

JJ

Yeshanu
08-25-2008, 03:45 AM
I clicked "no" before I read that you had already graduated. If you're not planning to go back for further study, then I'd change my answer and say, "Go ahead and invite her."

And do beware of what you post on Facebook. I've read recent stories that both prospective employers and prosecuting attorneys have used Facebook pics to the detriment of the posters. NOTHING posted on the internet is private, even in password-protected forums, etc. Behave accordingly...