Wet Paint!

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Oh, c'mon! I just did that wall and you go and lean against it! Sheesh.

We've been in our house for three years now and we've finally gotten around to painting our front room. Everything is taped off, walls washed, spackle spackled, and now I'm in the process of painting.

It's amazing how a new coat of paint, your color, changes your view on a room. Up to now, though we've lived here, we never truly felt it was ours.

*ponders painting in the nude as MidnightMuse has done, then decides to spare the old lady across the street a heart attack*

Well, back to painting! How do you like it so far?

Seaclusion

Absolute Parsley
Registered
Reaction score
Except for the nude image, it's probably alright.

Richard

qwerty

exiled Brit
Registered
Reaction score
Apart from anything else, getting paint off skin can be painful. Believe me, I've been there.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
There! Now, after the room is back to normal, I'll take a picture. It's a pale yellow with a cranberry accent wall. My wife just returned from Pier One with "window treatments." We used to call those drapes.

It's finally looking like our own house.

And as a minor rant, the last owners were crap painters. The walls were streaky, they got paint on the trim and the ceiling -- even the natural wood floors, which is a bitch to get off. It looked like they were flip owners, bought it, quickly repainted to resell, but they had lived here for SEVEN YEARS.

They were just lousy painters.

Which is funny because the wife "supposedly" was an artist.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
OK. Here's our front room. This is the picture standing from the front door. Note the stairs with our accent wall. Please don't note all the crap on our kitchen table in the background.

018.jpg

And here is a view from the other sides with our new window treatments. Note the Dyson, dalmatian, and demon. Again, ignore all the crap on the country cabinet. Also, note the blue masking tape between the curtains. We haven't taken it off yet.

019.jpg

So that's our place. Thanks for coming by. Beers in the fridge. Help yourself.

qwerty

exiled Brit
Registered
Reaction score
Great taste! Those things I call curtains are a superb blend with the accent wall. Damn clever to capture the muses for extra effect.

BTW, I don't do beer - got any red wine on offer?

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
chez beautifoool, mr. ferret. now - some molding at the ceiling and it will be perfect!

That's because he's our secret weapon against armed intruders and LOLcatz.
<snif> no catz? i know when i'm not wanted. <flounce>

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
*ponders painting in the nude as MidnightMuse has done, then decides to spare the old lady across the street a heart attack*

Well, back to painting! How do you like it so far?

Thanks for sparing us all, Ferret. I was ready, however, to tell you where to put your hat!

And here is a view from the other sides with our new window treatments. Note the Dyson, dalmatian, and demon. Again, ignore all the crap on the country cabinet. Also, note the blue masking tape between the curtains. We haven't taken it off yet.

019.jpg

Note the blue masking tape around the ceiling. Don't forget that!

I just realized I captured several ghost orbs around the rocking chair, which is usually where I sit while I write. I wonder if it's my Muses.

More likely it's minions belonging to the demon. :D

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
I just realized I captured several ghost orbs around the rocking chair, which is usually where I sit while I write. I wonder if it's my Muses.

I also notice a few above the television. Perhaps those ones are really your muses...

Lovely job, Ferret. If I provide the beer and promise to keep the LOLcatz out until you're done, will you visit my place?

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Um, Fuzzy-Buns, how long did you leave that tape there? If you wait till the paint dries, it'll come off with the tape. Best to pull it off right when you're done painting.

And don't knock painting rooms in the nude. It saves your clothes, and it's really easy to wash off (unless you're fool enough to use the old fashioned oil based paint with high VOC)

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
I think the tape that Ferret used is specially made tape for painting walls, and it doesn't take the paint off with it. If you use masking tape, be prepared for a bit of a mess...