PDA

View Full Version : Wet Paint!

Shadow_Ferret
08-23-2008, 08:20 PM
Oh, c'mon! I just did that wall and you go and lean against it! Sheesh.

We've been in our house for three years now and we've finally gotten around to painting our front room. Everything is taped off, walls washed, spackle spackled, and now I'm in the process of painting.

It's amazing how a new coat of paint, your color, changes your view on a room. Up to now, though we've lived here, we never truly felt it was ours.

*ponders painting in the nude as MidnightMuse has done, then decides to spare the old lady across the street a heart attack*

Well, back to painting! How do you like it so far?

Seaclusion
08-23-2008, 08:26 PM
Except for the nude image, it's probably alright.

Richard

qwerty
08-23-2008, 08:41 PM
Apart from anything else, getting paint off skin can be painful. Believe me, I've been there.

maestrowork
08-23-2008, 08:43 PM
Painting in the nude, ay?

What color will your penis be?

Seaclusion
08-23-2008, 08:52 PM
Painting in the nude, ay?

What color will your penis be?

I quoted this post to keep it here after the mods remove it.

Richard

Beach Bunny
08-23-2008, 09:40 PM

Looks nice! :)

Um, you missed a spot.

Shadow_Ferret
08-23-2008, 10:27 PM
There! Now, after the room is back to normal, I'll take a picture. It's a pale yellow with a cranberry accent wall. My wife just returned from Pier One with "window treatments." We used to call those drapes.

It's finally looking like our own house.

And as a minor rant, the last owners were crap painters. The walls were streaky, they got paint on the trim and the ceiling -- even the natural wood floors, which is a bitch to get off. It looked like they were flip owners, bought it, quickly repainted to resell, but they had lived here for SEVEN YEARS.

They were just lousy painters.

Which is funny because the wife "supposedly" was an artist.

Shadow_Ferret
08-24-2008, 06:08 AM
OK. Here's our front room. This is the picture standing from the front door. Note the stairs with our accent wall. Please don't note all the crap on our kitchen table in the background.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g76/shadow_ferret/018.jpg

And here is a view from the other sides with our new window treatments. Note the Dyson, dalmatian, and demon. Again, ignore all the crap on the country cabinet. Also, note the blue masking tape between the curtains. We haven't taken it off yet.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g76/shadow_ferret/019.jpg

So that's our place. Thanks for coming by. Beers in the fridge. Help yourself.

Joe270
08-24-2008, 06:42 AM
Thanks for the brew. Nice paint job, looks great.

Shadow_Ferret
08-24-2008, 07:11 AM
You're welcome. Funny how beer always tastes better after you've accomplished something.

kristie911
08-24-2008, 07:38 AM
Damned sexy house...fits right in with your sexy city. ;)

Dawno
08-24-2008, 08:03 AM
Beautiful! I wish we could paint - but we're renters. You never mentioned you had a robot child with laser eyes...

Shadow_Ferret
08-24-2008, 08:08 AM
That's because he's our secret weapon against armed intruders and LOLcatz.

Beach Bunny
08-24-2008, 08:18 AM
Looks great! :Thumbs: Thanks for the brew!

Dawno
08-24-2008, 08:26 AM

Good thinking. Those feral LOLcatz roaming your fair & sexy city will meet their match if they try to bring their ungrammatical ways to your home.

Shadow_Ferret
08-24-2008, 08:29 AM
I just realized I captured several ghost orbs around the rocking chair, which is usually where I sit while I write. I wonder if it's my Muses.

qwerty
08-24-2008, 10:19 AM
Great taste! Those things I call curtains are a superb blend with the accent wall. Damn clever to capture the muses for extra effect.

BTW, I don't do beer - got any red wine on offer?

Unique
08-24-2008, 02:51 PM
chez beautifoool, mr. ferret. now - some molding at the ceiling and it will be perfect!

<snif> no catz? i know when i'm not wanted. <flounce>

Ol' Fashioned Girl
08-24-2008, 04:04 PM
*ponders painting in the nude as MidnightMuse has done, then decides to spare the old lady across the street a heart attack*

Thanks for sparing us all, Ferret. I was ready, however, to tell you where to put your hat!

And here is a view from the other sides with our new window treatments. Note the Dyson, dalmatian, and demon. Again, ignore all the crap on the country cabinet. Also, note the blue masking tape between the curtains. We haven't taken it off yet.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g76/shadow_ferret/019.jpg

Note the blue masking tape around the ceiling. Don't forget that!

I just realized I captured several ghost orbs around the rocking chair, which is usually where I sit while I write. I wonder if it's my Muses.

More likely it's minions belonging to the demon. :D

Yeshanu
08-24-2008, 09:03 PM

I also notice a few above the television. Perhaps those ones are really your muses...

Lovely job, Ferret. If I provide the beer and promise to keep the LOLcatz out until you're done, will you visit my place?

Pagey's_Girl
08-25-2008, 04:37 AM
Looks great! Reminds me that painting will probably be the next big project around here.

Shadow_Ferret
08-25-2008, 06:48 PM
Lovely job, Ferret. If I provide the beer and promise to keep the LOLcatz out until you're done, will you visit my place?
Sure. I don't mind painting. It's nice and mindless. Although I can get a little messy.

MidnightMuse
08-25-2008, 11:19 PM
Um, Fuzzy-Buns, how long did you leave that tape there? If you wait till the paint dries, it'll come off with the tape. Best to pull it off right when you're done painting.

And don't knock painting rooms in the nude. It saves your clothes, and it's really easy to wash off (unless you're fool enough to use the old fashioned oil based paint with high VOC)

Shadow_Ferret
08-25-2008, 11:28 PM
Strange, but I found the opposite to be true. If I peel it off wet, it tends to tear and leave jagged edges. When I've left it dry completely, it came off in a straight line.

Yeshanu
08-26-2008, 03:04 AM
I think the tape that Ferret used is specially made tape for painting walls, and it doesn't take the paint off with it. If you use masking tape, be prepared for a bit of a mess...

Maryn
08-26-2008, 05:47 PM
I kind of like interior painting. I mean, look how fresh and pulled-together this room looks now! Personally, I wouldn't be comfortable there. It needs substantially more clutter to look like home to me. Here, let me ship you several boxes.

Be grateful your previous owners only gifted you with bad paint jobs. At our place, the "gift" from the previous owners was small repairs to the wallpaper (where seams had lifted) not with more wallpaper paste but Elmer's Glue-All. In the study and powder room, I managed to remove a chunk of wallboard, the paper was so well-glued. The repairs show if you look right at them. Luckily, the clutter draws the eye...

Maryn, who intends to paint the entryway sooner rather than later

Shadow_Ferret
08-26-2008, 05:51 PM
Well, the "artist" wife had painted a "door" on the one wall under the stairs. Not sure what it was for, but we thought it was interesting for about a year or so. She even had a mailbox slot attached to it. We even went out and bought a little door knob, and then one of those old fashioned gaslamp light things (but really only burned candles) to put to one side, so it looked like the outside of a house.

Then after a year or so we realized having that door there really limited how we could arrange the furniture because we couldn't put anything along that wall.

So now it's gone. My youngest son wants the mail slot attached to his door.

And I like clutter. That's why you weren't supposed to look at the kitchen table or the country cabinet.

Maryn
08-26-2008, 06:16 PM
Oh, give him the mailbox slot, by all means. I doubt it'll hurt your eventual resale value, and it's definitely cute.

Our son's door has a hole he kicked through it, although now neither of us remembers what he was so mad about. Big feet, big holes. We intend to fix it some day. We intend a lot of things.

Maryn, awash with good intentions