Status
Not open for further replies.

Stormhawk

Angry Bunny Girl
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.requirecookie.com
Some people sell ARCs when they're done with them...Some people like to read books before they're released...

It could be because I'm running a fever, but where's the funny?

Gary Clarke

Knackered
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.celinekiernan.com
LOL. It just tickled me that anyone would be arsed to do that with mybook! i can't imagine anyone wanting to buy it!

Have you really a fever? Do you need a cool facecloth on your brow? A panadol?

Last edited:

C A Winters

Never say "I can't."
Registered
Reaction score
LOL. It just tickled me that anyone would be arsed to do that with mybook! i can't imagine anyone wanting to buy it!

I'm confused here. Your book is due to be released next month, and yet you can't imagine anyone wanting to buy it?

[paragraph deleted]

Whoops, my bad. Didn't see that it was a proof. Still a sham to me.

Last edited:

Gary Clarke

Knackered
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.celinekiernan.com
*Hold hands up in despair* Listen I didn't think anyone would bother buyin an ARC I should hope they'd want to buy my actual book!

Why the hell would it bother me that someone would want to sell an ARC on e-bay? Are you serious? Its just someone who got thier hands on an advance copy chancing thier arm!

Whew, maybe I don't take life seriously enough.

C A Winters

Never say "I can't."
Registered
Reaction score
Awww...sorry 'bout that. I suppose you meant it as a tongue in cheek remark. I just didn't get it. I should think before posting. :)

Deccydiva

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
Well I can see the funny side - but there again I'm in Ireland too - question for me is, how did the seller get hold of it?

Gary Clarke

Knackered
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.celinekiernan.com
Well I can see the funny side - but there again I'm in Ireland too

It's all the rain! After a summer like this one, you realise you gotto laugh or you'll fall over dead!

question for me is, how did the seller get hold of it?

I'm sure there's dozens of them floating about at this stage. Some reviewer or book supplier probably left it on the bus to galway :D

Deccydiva

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
It's all the rain! After a summer like this one, you realise you gotto laugh or you'll fall over dead!
What summer? I'm on my second pair of wellies!
I'm sure there's dozens of them floating about at this stage. Some reviewer or book supplier probably left it on the bus to galway
:roll: Floating about is right with this rain. At least you have buses, there's a shortage out here in bogland (shortly to be renamed lakeland) travelling is either by donkey cart or tractor in many cases.

Gary Clarke

Knackered
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.celinekiernan.com
What summer? I'm on my second pair of wellies!

I gave up on the wellies when I grew that webbing between my toes. Evolution is a wonderful thing. I'm working hard on gills. I need to hurry, the house is starting to sink into the bog.

At least you have buses, there's a shortage out here in bogland (shortly to be renamed lakeland) travelling is either by donkey cart or tractor in many cases.

We had buses. They too have sunk into the bog. I tried to pull them out with the tractor but that's gone too. I've resorted to harnessing the ducks to the kiddies plastic paddling pool, and having them tow me into town. Very beatrix Potter.

Deccydiva

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
I gave up on the wellies when I grew that webbing between my toes. Evolution is a wonderful thing. I'm working hard on gills. I need to hurry, the house is starting to sink into the bog.
We had buses. They too have sunk into the bog. I tried to pull them out with the tractor but that's gone too. I've resorted to harnessing the ducks to the kiddies plastic paddling pool, and having them tow me into town. Very beatrix Potter.

:roll::roll::roll:

hammerklavier

It was a dark and stormy night
Registered
Reaction score
Dear Mr. Clarke, are the Cliff Notes to your book out yet? I'd like to buy them.

Gary Clarke

Knackered
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.celinekiernan.com
Dear Mr. Clarke, are the Cliff Notes to your book out yet? I'd like to buy them.

The Cliff Notes aren't out 'til 2010, but apparently someone found a laundry list and a small cache of chocolate chip cookie recipes that I had jotted into a Hello Kitty note book, these are for sale on Amazon.uk if you fancy a copy :D

Status
Not open for further replies.