It usually takes 2 years for a book to go from manuscript to bookstore . . .

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Well, timely books usually get published really quickly -- well, they're "timely" for a reason. And it will be four months after the Olympics... they can probably work really fast. I know someone who writes the Star Trek/Star Wars books and usually they can go to market extremely fast with those books, too.

Also, yeah, he's probably either started writing it or already had a ghostwriter in place. I suspect much of the book has to deal with everything but the eight golds -- his background, his training, his races including the 2000 and 2004 Olympics. And they could just fill in the blanks about the Beijing games.

scope

Commonsensical Maverick
Registered
Reaction score
My money says he definitely had a ghostwriter in place way before the Olympics began. Given his grueling schedule, which leaves him little free time, I can't imagine any other way it could get written and published in such a short period of time.

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
Well, I think all of you just don't get it. Phelps is fast.

I'm sure he writes fast, too.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
C'mon guys...don't you get it????

Jenna Glatzer is writing is book.

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
C'mon guys...don't you get it????

Jenna Glatzer is writing is book.

Huh? Color me stupid (happens all the time) but how do you get to that conclusion?

Certainly Jenna would be the best choice for Phelps, but is this a done deal?

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
Oh NO! I was joking! Don't quote me! ;)

And I meant it in the sense that he'd need a professional writer to get it done that quickly...that in no way could a first time writer punch something out that quickly unless they were an AWer of course...... ;)