Website
jasontudor.com

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I doubt the validity of any relaxation list that does not include poking someone with a stick
(You have to be the one with the stick for maximum relaxation)

:e2poke:

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Seventeen is my lucky number, too - seeing as I was born on May 17th, 17 days after my parents' 17th anniversary.

astonwest

2 WIP? A glutton for punishment
Registered
Reaction score
Website
astonwest.com
I read the title to this thread as "reduce tension in 17 seconds - anywhere" and had entirely different expectations...

:)

2. Rub your belly after every meal.
Most of us do this instinctively, especially after overeating. Place one or both palms on your abdomen and rub it in clockwise circles. This is the same direction food naturally moves through your intestine, so your circular massage will help to stimulate digestion.

Don't forget to pat your head with the other palm.

JLCwrites

Registered
Reaction score
For tight hips, sit on the ball, wiggling your booty around and holding it in any spot that feels particularly good.

Are they still talking about using a tennis ball or golf ball with this maneuver? :Wha:

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Actually tennis balls or baseballs are great for releasing tension and sore muscles. Put the balls in a tube sock (wait, this sounds so wrong...) and tie the end closed. Then place them on the floor. Now lie on them and roll your back over the balls. It's the same principle of pressure point massages. Baseballs are actually better because they're firmer.

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Digestion occurs in the stomach (starts in the mouth), absorbtion occurs in the small intestine, which turns every which way. That big tube that runs in a clockwise direction is the large intestine, and its primary function is feces formation (through absorbtion of water and salts and physical compaction). So, just what is that clockwise rubbing really doing? Personally, I think it's helping the author form some of her ideas.

Last edited: