Ferret’s Freedom From LOLCatz Fort (warning: thread contains graphic LOLCat photos)

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Welcome, my friends.

Come in, come in. Have a seat. This is Ferret’s Freedom from LOLCatz Fort. Our intention is to have a captioned animal graphic free zone, an area free of bad grammar, bad spelling, and bad kitties.

See that sign over there? It says, "No Kittehs." That, I hope, is the only bad English we'll ever see in here (unless of course someone plays a CD from that 80s hair band, but that's another story).

In here we only have a two rules: Respect the English Language and treat your fellow writers with respect.

Remember, those who use LOLCatz aren’t bad people, they’re just misguided. With a little understanding on our part, a little patience, and some nurturing, we can turn their lives around, show them the light, and send them off into the world using properly structured sentences.

Just remember, it isn’t their faults they still cling to LOLCatz. They probably also still think it’s funny to say, “Where’s the Beef?” “Show me the money!” and “I don’t think the heavy stuff is going to come down for a while.” They probably also have pet rocks on their mantle, a worn Rubic’s Cube in their drawer, and a suction-cupped Garfield on their car window.

We must be strong for them.

Think of this place as a sort of LOLCatz Anonymous and reach out your hand to those that need help. Let them know we have frequent meetings, and that snacks and refreshments are served. Remind them when they’ve completed the 12 Steps to LOLCatz Freedom that they will receive this bumper sticker that reads: “I’m a friend of Shadow F.”

My expectation for this thread is that it will become a haven to those of us who are guardians of the English Language, those of us who truly respect the rules of grammar, and that we will have intellectual discussions about anything that doesn’t include the word “kitteh.”

That’s my expectation. My prediction is that one of two things will occur. This thread will drop like a lead weight to be lost deep in the muck at the bottom of the Water Cooler.

Or…

It will be bombarded with every single captioned graphic that exists on the web.

Unfortunately, if that’s the case, since I am not a mod, I cannot delete them. I will be as helpless against the onslaught as the rest of you.

Therefore, we must endure. It’s in their own best interests.

I’m Shadow F. and this is my fort.

Last edited:

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've always wondered about putting that "1" in amidst all the exclamation points. Does that up the charm of the post or what is the purpose?

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This is not a Lolzcat. It's a Lolzferret.

funny-pictures-angry-weasel-soup.jpg

Beach Bunny

The Provocative One
Registered
Reaction score
That’s my expectation. My prediction is that one of two things will occur. This thread will drop like a lead weight to be lost deep in the muck at the bottom of the Water Cooler.

Or…

It will be bombarded with every single captioned graphic that exists on the web.

Unfortunately, if that’s the case, since I am not a mod, I cannot delete them. I will be as helpless against the onslaught as the rest of you.
*chuckle*
I think it's a safe bet that the latter of your predictions will come true. This thread is like waving a red flag in front of enraged bull. :scared:

*looks around* Nice fort. Did you decorate it yourself?

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
I, of course, support Mr. Ferret in his quest for a kitteh-free zone.

I'm at your disposal, sir.

Tink

Just soaking up some R&R...
Registered
Reaction score
I have one thing to say about this entire thread and almost every post I have seen and/or read....:roll: :ROFL: :roll: :ROFL: :roll:

M'k, I am done now. :D

*still giggling while exiting thread*

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
conanstrength.jpg
[

Of course you didn't fudge the roll.

Sadly, I understood this joke. And laughed at it.