PDA

View Full Version : I've got the Frieda Kahlo bag; he's got the NFL cooler

Mela
08-21-2008, 06:48 PM
It struck me Sunday while we were at the beach how very different my husband and I are.

One of my stepsons picked up a Frieda Kahlo bag in Mexico for me a few years back and I just love it - I always pack beach stuff in it when we head to the shore - even got some compliments on it from strangers on the beach.

Last winter my husband was just thrilled at the NFL cooler he got from ESPN - I don't remember why he got it, some sort of football promotion - but it has a radio!!!, so he can listen to the Yankees on the beach.

How opposite we are! Me: art, literature, writing, painting. Him: sports, sports, sports.

How did we end up together? Does anyone else have a similar situation?

Shadow_Ferret
08-21-2008, 06:50 PM
What the heck is a Frieda Kahlo?

Anyway, my wife and I are 10 years apart. Our tastes are 10 years apart. When we like the same bands, take Journey, I like the albums BEFORE Steve Perry, she likes the stuff after Steve Perry. She likes Metallica after "Enter Sandman," I like their stuff when they still played metal. She likes cozy mysteries. I like fantasy. She likes Entertainment Tonight and I yank my hair out. She likes Law and Order and I don't. I like the Sci-Fi channel and she don't.

melaniehoo
08-21-2008, 07:04 PM
They sell the Frieda Kahlo bags here and I'm determined to buy one before I leave!

Shadow, I'll try to get a picture for you. :)

Mela
08-21-2008, 07:14 PM
Frieda Kahlo: famous Mexican artist - I think her husband was Diego Rivera?? - another famous artist; she was in a horrible accident - I think she was hit by a bus or something and suffered horrible pain for years because of it.

Yes, we're always arguing: he has to watch Mike and the Mad Dog on ESPN - I just want to turn the channel to anything that isn't sports. At 7 p.m. it's the Yankees. Can we please just see what else is on?

Now we're heading into football so it's like a double whammy. What does he do in February after the Superbowl? He pines for pitchers and catchers and then opening day.