Do adults belong in restaurants?

Come on. You knew this had to happen eventually!

• Sorry. I never dine anywhere that serves breakfasts with names that rhyme.

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Oh, come ON! Hooters counts as a restaurant, right? You sit down, they bring you food?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • As long as it's that fantastic greasy spoon Wayne's, heck yeah!

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • I'm sorry. I can't even begin to dignify this with a response.

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Orlando Bloom. It's what's for eggplant.

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I mean, dang. How hard is it to open a jar of peanut butter and make a sandwich? Or does pouring cereal into a bowl now require a BA? If you want a hot meal, the Pop Tarts are in the cupboard over the sink, right next to the macaroni and cheese (cut up some hot dogs, put them in the macaroni and cheese, and call it "fusion cuisine". I dunno. Something I read somewhere. Google's your friend, remember?) Or for ghods' sakes, put Pizza Shack, Taco Tiki Hut, and Golden Dragon Kosher Pan-Asian on speed dial already (fer realz. The only number you have on speed dial is your mother's, anyway, and you bought the phone because of its 32 number capacity!) (And don't forget: Man Of LaMuncha Mexican starts delivery next week! They dropped some coupons in the entryway, under the mailboxes.)

kct webber

Squirrel, Sekrit type, 1 ea.
Registered
Reaction score
Only kids and LOLCatz belong in restaurants. And waiters. And chefs. And waitresses, hostesses, and dishwashers. But not people--not real people. :)

Bayou Bill

AW Ne'er-Do-Well
Registered
Reaction score
Down so low in Austin, bottom looks like up.
Website
billsbilge.blogspot.com
spam.jpg

Need I say more?

Bayou Bill :cool:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Call me a goofball but I never eat in resturants or get take out. I have a weird quirk about other people handling or touching my food after it's cooked. Eww can't stand the thought.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Call me a goofball but I never eat in resturants or get take out. I have a weird quirk about other people handling or touching my food after it's cooked. Eww can't stand the thought.
See, there's this health code law that they have to wear gloves and hairnets and such. They don't actually "touch" your food.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
See, there's this health code law that they have to wear gloves and hairnets and such. They don't actually "touch" your food.

I know they wear them in a lot of places still can't stand the thought. I did say I was willing to accept a "goofball" title over it.

And on a gross note I felt better about my quirk after my friend went to a fast food resturant and watched the guy preparing food with no gloves and picking his nose.

Tink

Just soaking up some R&R...
Registered
Reaction score
Exactly as long as you don't visit some of our local cafes...Places called 'Bubba's' or 'Erlene's' where most of the employees didn't finish grade school and don't understand how to operate a box of plastic gloves!! :roll:

Oooooh, I feel so mean right now...perhaps I need to quit posting until I am a better frame of mind.

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Spam is food. It's an acronyn for Spiced Ham. And it's delicious. We have Spam burgers all the time. With Velveeta. MMMMHMMMM!...

You would have loved one of my ex-boyfriends. He used to barbecue it. He had a marinade, too, but he wouldn't say what was in it.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Exactly as long as you don't visit some of our local cafes...Places called 'Bubba's' or 'Erlene's' where most of the employees didn't finish grade school and don't understand how to operate a box of plastic gloves!! :roll:

Oooooh, I feel so mean right now...perhaps I need to quit posting until I am a better frame of mind.
So you've been to Wayne's? (see selections above) Actually, their food was fantastic. I loved their pork loin special because it came with homemade sage dressing and the gravy on the mashed potatoes was made from scratch.

But they deep-fried the hot dogs. No, not corn dogs or something like that. You ordered a hot dog, they'd drop one into the deep fryer, next to your fries.

Tink

Registered
Reaction score
So you've been to Wayne's? (see selections above) Actually, their food was fantastic. I loved their pork loin special because it came with homemade sage dressing and the gravy on the mashed potatoes was made from scratch.

But they deep-fried the hot dogs. No, not corn dogs or something like that. You ordered a hot dog, they'd drop one into the deep fryer, next to your fries.
The homemade dressing and gravy sounds great but I will def. skip on the fried hot dog...'yuck'

Grilled Spam is the BEST!
Around here its grilled bologna, Krey is the brand most used.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Around here its grilled bologna, Krey is the brand most used.
Grilled bologna? I've had it fried. I must try grilled! Maybe buy it unsliced from the deli and cut up some thicker slices. :)

And I can't imagine a deep fat fried hot dog would taste any less delicious than a regular fried hot dog. It's just immersed instead of floating.

Tink

Registered
Reaction score
Grilled bologna? I've had it fried. I must try grilled! Maybe buy it unsliced from the deli and cut up some thicker slices. :)
One of the little cafe's in the town nearest here serves Fried Bologna Sandwiches for one of their lunch speacials, no lie...I don't partake!!!

Now grilled is good, and yes, get thicker slices or slice them yourself. But you have to have the right kind, not any of that greasy stuff that you can get...