That Darn Cat BIT me!

Beach Bunny

The Provocative One
Registered
Reaction score
So, for the past three and half weeks my son and his wife have been staying with me. He is home on leave. (He's been in Afghanistan for the past fifteen months.) She is in transit to whereever it is she is going to live after he goes back to Germany to finish his tour of duty.

I have a big black lab and a siamese cat. She has two cats. One of her cats is the psychotic cat from hell. If the dog is standing up and she can see him, then she starts hissing and spitting and running after and biting him. She's cool as long as he is laying down.

But, tonight there was a confluence of circumstances. I took my cat in to feed him, my dog followed me (as he usually does) and then psycho cat walked into the hallway. I quickly tried to get the dog to back up out of her sight, but too late, psycho cat sprang into motion hissing, spitting, biting and the :rant: psycho cat BIT me on the back of the leg. :e2cry:

I've dumped half a bottle of rubbing alcohol on the two puncture marks. I am just hoping that because she bit me through my pants leg that the bite wounds don't become red and inflamed. Otherwise, I'll be off to the doctor tomorrow for antibiotics. :e2cry:

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You know, I try to be accommodating to animals and give them as much freedom as possible... to a point. When one cat refuses to get along with others it's either therapy time (at the daughter in law's expense!) or get locked up aside from supervised releases.
You might also find a squirt gun to aid you. If you miss and hit the dog, it's only water. If you nail the cat, hopefully he's not so psycho he will respond (ie- not fixated on the dog and only the dog)

Other than that, sorry you got bit. Even non-psycho animals can get very narrow minded into attack mode. This cat has a reason for attacking your dog, even if you don't understand it

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Yep, that's wonderful about your son being home w. you and sure sorry the cat bit you. Hope it'll be aok and you won't have to go to the doc. Hugs & prayers.

kct webber

Squirrel, Sekrit type, 1 ea.
Registered
Reaction score
...get locked up aside from supervised releases.
You might also find a squirt gun to aid you. If you miss and hit the dog, it's only water. If you nail the cat, hopefully he's not so psycho he will respond.

I agree with this. I'm not for animal abuse by any means, but some animals can't be reasoned with. I'd try the squirt gun, and if that doesn't work, off to lock up and come out only for supervised visits. I don't know about anyone else, but when an animal decides it's a good idea to bite me, it's time to get a lot less tolerant.

Congrats on your son coming back. And hope you heal well. :)

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
psycho cat sprang into motion hissing, spitting, biting and the psycho cat BIT me on the back of the leg

It would be 'see ya, physcho cat, go bite someone at the pound'.

When dil asks about the cat, just say it's on the roof, and it won't come down.

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Just a question: When was your last tetanus shot? If it wasn't recent enough for you to remember, get it done ASAP.

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
Don't fool around with this - I landed in the hospital on I.V. antibiotics a few months ago from a cat bite, and my entire lymph system became infected. It was a lengthy battle to get well. Please have it looked at.

Broadswordbabe

I'd rather be a cat.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gaiesebold.com
Get that bite checked, please? I love cats but their bites can be very nasty. And sounds to me like psycho-pud there could do with a checkup at a reliable vet. Sometimes this sort of behaviour can be sorted, but professional advice sounds like a good idea at this point.

Kitrianna

Official Bad Cat's Prez
Registered
Reaction score
In one of THOSE moods. Look out people, no one is
I have had a cat that had an intense distaste for the canine persuasion, but he never attacked them unless he had no alternative. That cat has major issues. and before the squirt bottle, might I recommend that you try an air can, like those you use to clean you computer. They're safe around elctronics, fabrics and won't harm the psycho. Just don't aim for the face.

Beach Bunny

The Provocative One
Registered
Reaction score
Just a question: When was your last tetanus shot? If it wasn't recent enough for you to remember, get it done ASAP.

Don't fool around with this - I landed in the hospital on I.V. antibiotics a few months ago from a cat bite, and my entire lymph system became infected. It was a lengthy battle to get well. Please have it looked at.

Nerds is right. Cat bites are nasty. Take care!

Get that bite checked, please? I love cats but their bites can be very nasty. And sounds to me like psycho-pud there could do with a checkup at a reliable vet. Sometimes this sort of behaviour can be sorted, but professional advice sounds like a good idea at this point.

About twenty years ago I was bit by another cat. I ended up at the doctor with my arm swelled up and a lecture from him about how bad they are. (It's the bacteria in their mouths that cause all the problem.) I was hoping that her biting me through my pants would keep the bacteria out, but it looks like a little bit got through. So, I have a doctor's appointment in a couple of hours.

Holy spit! What are you into pain? Yowza!

*hands her a bottle of hydrogen pyroxide*

Sheesh.

And kill the cat. Quickly. Before it catches you asleep. Now it has a taste for your blood.

*chuckle* Thanks Ferret. While I love cats, thoughts did cross my mind for a few minutes on how to kill the psychotic beast. I've decided to let her live ... for now. :D

What's weird about this is that my son, dil and her cat have lived with me before. For over a year in LA, the pets got along fine. She was a little bit psycho then, but not like she is now. She's 14, maybe she is getting senile. :Shrug:

Thanks everyone, for the advice, good wishes, and good thoughts for my son. :)

ETA: Psycho kitty has been banished to her room for the duration.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Since everything seems to be Lolzcat today, I thought this thread needed Lolzing...

So with out further ado, I bring you

lolcatsgonewi128588096294362236.jpg

Beach Bunny

The Provocative One
Registered
Reaction score
Since everything seems to be Lolzcat today, I thought this thread needed Lolzing...

So with out further ado, I bring you

lolcatsgonewi128588096294362236.jpg

That one on the right, if it was grey and fluffy, that would be psycho kitty. :scared:

Back from the doc, I got a tetanus shot and antibiotics. :Thumbs: Thanks for all your support. :)

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
Back from the doc, I got a tetanus shot and antibiotics. :Thumbs: Thanks for all your support. :)

Excellent. And please convey to your son my thanks and gratitude for his service.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Glad your son is home. :e2woo: Sorry you got bit :e2bummed:

Glad things checked out okay at the docs