• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

First three chapters

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosepddle

Registered
Reaction score
Website
karendenise72.blogspot.com
Hi all!

I'm looking for someone to beta the first three chapters of my YA urban fantasy. I'm looking to start submitting to agents and most want only five to ten pages but some want at least the first 50 pages. I'd love to have someone look over the first 3 chapters.

Synopsis:

Gifted with one of the most powerful telekinetic minds in the region, Ryan Webb was recruited directly from high school to join an elite group of soldiers called Venators. Now at the age of twenty, Ryan demonstrates determination, strength and control over his endowment like no other, making him an integral part of the Venator force. It is with them that he has honed his talent to ensure the safety of his childhood friend, Kalie Knowles.

Ryan was seven when Kalie’s family was killed in a fire, leaving Kalie as the last Light Bringer in the world. Her endowment allows her to heal others, but with that gift comes a lethal ability to take life with just the touch of a finger. Many have sought out Light Bringers for their regenerative powers, but others want to tap into their deadly gifts. Ryan has taken it upon himself to be Kalie’s protector whether she wants it or not. Complicating matters, Ryan has discovered that he has feelings for Kalie that go far beyond platonic.

When Ryan’s partner, stumbles upon a new Light Bringer, she brings with her a deadly link to Kalie’s past. Kalie wants to keep this new Light safe so there will be another like her in the world. Ryan’s first priority is Kalie, and he won’t compromise her safety for anyone. With his partner, he will risk all that he has to stop those who are hunting the girls for their endowment. Light Bringers: The Hunt becomes an exhilarating whirlwind as friends tread the tumultuous waters of romance and strangers become the most important people in the world.

Here is the link to chapter one http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/...d.php?t=112615.
Take a look and see if it's something you want to work on...

Thanks a bunch!

Last edited:

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.