Status
Not open for further replies.

Susan B

Accordion Dreams
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.blairkilpatrick.com
Booktour.com is a great free site I was happily surprised to find myself already on. If you are interested, you can go to their website and read about it to sign up.

Booktour is basically a comprehensive calendar of author events. I discovered it when I found my bookstore launch event for Accordion Dreams--scheduled for next January!--was already up there and circulating on the web.

(Apparently they automatically list any events scheduled at independent booksellers that are part of "Indiebound"...formerly BookSense).

Anyone with a published book can set up an account, at no cost. If you have published a book, you may even be there already. You can set up (or "claim") an account and add to the page they have already started. You can add a bio, photo, web site links, reviews.

As a reader, you can also check out touring authors in your community.

All in all, it's pretty cool, and the price is certainly right.

Blair

Last edited:

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I am naturally suspicious about how many people have recommended this service with an affiliate link attached--I think it muddied the waters even when the gain to the poster is not financial or significant.

Susan B

Accordion Dreams
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.blairkilpatrick.com
What does that mean, Emily?

I'm also not sure what that "affiliate link" means. I just copied a link I got in the e-mail, saying this is the link to follow to sign up.

And since my book isn't even out yet, it's not likely to do me much good! But if you all think it's a problem, I can take it down.

One of the really good features is that when you go to the site, it shows you authors touring in your area. If, like me, you end up finding this stuff after the fact, it's a real help.

I tend to trust any site that's associated with Indiebound/Booksense. But I am new to all this, so I may be missing something here.

Gary Clarke

Knackered
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.celinekiernan.com
>>>I'm also not sure what that "affiliate link" means.

*Scratches head* we'll have to wait till she gets back and lets us know :0)

Susan B

Accordion Dreams
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.blairkilpatrick.com
well thanks Susan B for sharing that info. Sounds like the other poster thought you had some ulterior motive or something... but I have followed along with your road to publication (via your posts here) and you seem like a really genuine person!

Thank you for the kind words--they are much appreciated :)

(I edited the original post and took down the link booktour sent, since there seemed to be an objection to it.)

Blair

Status
Not open for further replies.