Waiting game...first non-fiction submission

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncgirl3608

Registered
Reaction score
Website
thirtysomethingreality.blogspot.com
I submitted a non-fiction memoir to a literary magazine last night. I realize it can take weeks for an editor to approve or reject your story. This is my first time submitting something to a magazine so I am trying to have patience LOL. I had no idea that waiting on that email from the editor could be so nerve racking! I kept waking up last night thinking about it. The sad thing is I just sent it last night so could have weeks to hear something. Do they ever not respond? I can only imagine when I finish my novel and send it out, I may never sleep again!
Erin

Last edited:

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
Weeks? Try months! Yeah, the wait can be nerve-wracking. I've found that the best cure is to start working on something else. Good luck!

aka eraser

Fish Whisperer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.frankbaron.com
Hate to quibble but sooner or later you'll need to get the terminology correct. If it's non-fiction, it's not a short story. Short stories are fiction (as are novels, so referring to a fiction novel is redundant).

A short, non-fic piece might be an essay, vignette, memoir or narrative (narratives may also be fiction though) and probably a host of other terms that escape me at the moment, but it's not a short story.

Good luck with it and MeowGirl is quite right, keep busy and turn off your email alert. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.