PDA

View Full Version : The Bath Vs. The Shower

Wormo
04-24-2005, 03:45 PM
Just wondering which people prefer? I made up some rather fun and pointless advantages about both

Shower Advantages
Quicker
You can Stand Up
Generally easier to wash hair
Take little time to warm up
Easier to clean yourself
Generally less colder when you get out
Your not bathing in your own filth
Harder to knock yourself unconcious
Hair is alot less springy in shower
The water doesn't suddenly get cold when your still using it

Bath Advantages
You can lie down
You can take nap
You can have bubble bath
You can read a book
You can re-act underwater scenes from movies
You can do something whilst running the water
Easier to soap your body

So, which is the almighty cleansing tool, The Bath or The Shower? I reckon the shower but that's my vote, it might come down to personal opinion.

Gehanna
04-24-2005, 03:50 PM
Both.

I shower daily for hygiene and soak in the bath periodically for comfort.

Celeste
04-24-2005, 04:23 PM
Both.

I shower daily for hygiene and soak in the bath periodically for comfort.

Ditto Gehanna's post. Shower for hygiene, but there's nothing more relaxing than a steaming hot bubble bath. http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/bath.gif
(Don't even say it! I know what that bubble bath smiley looks like! Lol...)

ritinrider
04-24-2005, 04:34 PM
Well, I might prefer the shower, btw you forgot it can use less water depends how long it takes you to shower. But, our house doesn't have a shower, so I only take them in the summer (long story).

Nita

BlueTexas
04-24-2005, 06:57 PM
Showers...I've sworm off baths because I always drop the book in and ruin it before I'm done reading it.

Innocent01
04-24-2005, 08:12 PM
Shower Advantages

The water doesn't suddenly get cold when your still using it
Oh, I wouldn't say that...

My vote's for the shower - the water pressure tends to be temperamental (since I live at the very top of a hill), it can take a while to get the water temperature just right, and because all the water pipes in my house (shower, toilet, bath, bathroom sink, laundry sink, washing machine, kitchen sink) are interconnected some inconsiderate person usually ends up having me doused in boiling hot water, but it's better than a bath any old day http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Wormo
04-24-2005, 08:14 PM
Showers...I've sworm off baths because I always drop the book in and ruin it before I'm done reading it.

So let me get this straight? when you take your book into the shower it doesn't get wet? Nice!

BlueTexas
04-24-2005, 08:22 PM
Pretty talented, huh?

Nivvie
04-25-2005, 12:15 AM
Yay!This thread rocks!

Me, I love baths. I like to gather around me smelling bottles of potions and slap things upon myself and read and drink and dream and think.......showers are rude. They pelt you relentlessly from above, they don't care that you've got something in your eye, that you've lost the lid, and that exposed plughole is just asking for trouble. I need a shower plug.

Sarita
04-25-2005, 12:26 AM
I like both. I like a nice bath on Sunday night, after a glass of wine or with one. I take my book in with me and chill out with some bath salts...mmmm bath. The shower is nice because you can get in and out faster (for rushed mornings) and if you have one of those nice massaging shower heads, it does wonders for tension.

rhymegirl
04-25-2005, 12:36 AM
Shower. And I do a lot of singing in there. La la la la la la la!

maestrowork
04-25-2005, 02:49 AM
Shower... I'm the two minutes and I'm done type of guys (oh shaddup, I know what you're thinking...)

But in the bath I can make bubbles....

SRHowen
04-25-2005, 04:33 AM
A big ugly water bug crawle dout of the overflow in our tub, three years ago--I jumoped out of the tub and told my husband I was never taking a bath again. He said I hope you mean you're just not going to use the tub?

I haven't used the ub since, not without jamming something in the overflow--and even then not often.

I used to be a bath tub person, now I am a confirmed shower person.

Shawn

Optimus
04-25-2005, 04:58 AM
Bath or shower?

Depends on who's in it with me.

But, if I gotta choose, I'd say shower.

You can fit more people in.

BlakeOvard
04-25-2005, 08:44 AM
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/bath.gif
(Don't even say it! I know what that bubble bath smiley looks like! Lol...)
So, just what does that smiley look like?

and... to answer the question... well, you'll have to ask my wife ;)

Celeste
04-25-2005, 09:43 AM
So, just what does that smiley look like?

and... to answer the question... well, you'll have to ask my wife ;)

Lol...Oh, I dunno...

Maybe, it's just me and my perverted mind. ;)

What'd you think it looks like?

Lindsay
04-25-2005, 09:49 AM
I like both. I usally shower in the morning to feel awake for the rest of the day, or have a bath at night to relax. Guess it just depends on what the day is like.

BlakeOvard
04-25-2005, 10:01 AM
Lol...Oh, I dunno...

Maybe, it's just me and my perverted mind. ;)

What'd you think it looks like?

Well... it kind of looks like... a smiley in a bathtub! :roll: but then again, since you said that it might be your perverted mind... maybe there's something else in the tub.

Maybe some of this is going on there... http://bestsmileys.com/scifi/18.gif

Now, What do you think it looks like? :D

Bout2givUp
04-25-2005, 11:02 AM
Think the shower is the best as bathing in a tub is like soaking in your own dirt.:idea:

Celeste
04-25-2005, 12:24 PM
Well... it kind of looks like... a smiley in a bathtub! :roll: but then again, since you said that it might be your perverted mind... maybe there's something else in the tub.

Maybe some of this is going on there... http://bestsmileys.com/scifi/18.gif

Now, What do you think it looks like? :D

Lol...No comment! :Ssh:

Galoot
04-25-2005, 12:59 PM
For almost two years we lived in a house without a shower. I learned to like baths, but I really, really missed showers.

Then we moved here. Hurrah! A shower! Except the shower head is at about chin height, meaning I can't get my top half clean without crouching.

Sort of like this-- http://img215.echo.cx/img215/8117/gumby3ec.th.jpg (http://img215.echo.cx/my.php?image=gumby3ec.jpg) --without the boots.

Liam Jackson
04-25-2005, 02:05 PM
Shower

And Galoot, muh brutha, I'm afraid to ask what that picture is all about.

Wormo
04-25-2005, 02:44 PM
But, if I gotta choose, I'd say shower.

You can fit more people in.

On a good day, around 20, 22. ;)

I have to say that i'm a multi-task guy when it comes to showers, (or a Kramer in Seinfeld lingo). I find it easier to brush my teeth, floss and even drink orange juice whilst having a shower

Maryn
04-25-2005, 06:39 PM
I've got reallly long hair, and there's no way I could ever get it properly shampooed and fully rinsed in a bathtub. Shower, all the way.

Maryn

Galoot
04-26-2005, 12:06 AM
And Galoot, muh brutha, I'm afraid to ask what that picture is all about.Fear not. You've succeeded in not doing so.

Renee
04-26-2005, 03:39 AM
Nothing (ok, hardly anything) is better than a nice, hot bubble bath.

;)

trumancoyote
04-26-2005, 03:49 AM
This post just makes me think of the old NoFX song, "Shower Days":

In the morning I awake;
I feel my bladder about to break
I scratch my balls, I rub my eyes --
Just feeling lousy

My girlfriend tells me that
It's time to take a bath.
I say, "No, not today, it's only Tuesday"

Once every 24 hours
I'm supposed to take a shower.
That's not the way I do it!
Do it! DO IT!

Personal hygiene is the last thing on my mind:
I don't want to do it.
Do it! DO IT!

Oooh, it doesn't make a difference to me.
Everyday I do the saaame old thing.
So why should I have to be cleeeeean?

Those dreaded Wednesdays and Saturdays,
Also known as shower daaaaays.

I hate them.

:D

JoeEkaitis
04-27-2005, 12:13 AM
Some products never made it to market. . .

paprikapink
04-27-2005, 02:16 AM
The product that needs to make it to market is the computer you can use in the shower. I'd be a world famous best selling syndicated columnist author if the good ideas that come to me in the shower would not evaporate as soon as I turn off the water.

-pkpink

mistri
04-27-2005, 02:49 AM
Showers are quick, but I *love* reading a book in a hot bath. Bad thing is, I tend to sit there till the water's freezing, if I really get into a book.

I even used to read in the shower when I was younger, I was such a bookaholic - I'd stand with my arms outright and the book just out of reach of the water. Yeah, I know, I was/am weird.

Fractured_Chaos
04-27-2005, 02:55 AM
Shower... I'm the two minutes and I'm done type of guys (oh shaddup, I know what you're thinking...)

:Ssh:

But in the bath I can make bubbles....

:gone:I don't wanna know!

Fractured_Chaos
04-27-2005, 03:00 AM
I'm one of those weird people who will take a bath, and soak for a bit, then finish up with a shower. I have long hair, so the shower part is easier on that, as well as brushing my teeth, and shaving.